Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meridan

Any Good Recommendation For Lightings Outlets

I received good service fm Thomson Lightings at Balestier. Blew $1,500 on national day & here it goes...

chandelier for the living rm but dunno wat kinda of crystals 8| , not too fanciful & hope it's not too big for our little nest

Living20Room20Chandelier1.jpg

kitchen... baroque design, we'll be using cool white tubes

Kitchen2.jpg

another hanging light for the kitchen nearer to the window... textured surface to match the main Baroque

Balcony20Lamp1.jpg

for the bedroom... plain double aluminium rim selected by my SO, said it complements the sliding wardrobe. I hav no complaints coz it's relatively cheaper :notti:

Bedroom1.jpg

hanging light for the TV/study room, wanted more funky color shade but kena veto :angry:

TV20StoreRoom1.jpg

couple of other PLC, halogen downlight, flor tubes for the false ceilings, etc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anyone go JB shop for lights? ceiling fan?

please give me details....thinking of going in this afternoon.

thanks many many

Got most of my lightings from LC Lighting centre - Shaw Plaza.

Look for uncle Philip - he is good at recommending me affordable quality lights.

If it's from spain, he will tell you so. If it's from China, he'll tell you so.

For any shop you go to along Balestier, ask for discount.

I bought my lights at Number 1 Lightings, very happy with the services in the store and during installation. The prices are pretty reasonable and i got discounts here and there from the boss, Peter. :)

Hi all,

I'm another happy customer from Number 1 Lightings! Served by Lady Boss, Sally.. keke..

Although it is a small shop, but they have lots of practical and nice lights!

Bought a crystal hanging lite ( 3 hanging down) for $468 before discount! Good buy! Match our rectangular dinner table and cant get this price elsewhere! ( compare wif other shops i went)

Good service! Order today, 2moro they will deliver!! Coz we told them we need the lights asap! No GST! Got discounts, free stuffs such as door bell etc.. haha.. :P

Highly recommended!! :thumbs up:

Edited by babyiguana

Hi, for those who have been to Number One Lighting at Geylang, do you know if that shop sells ceiling fan?

Thanks in advance :)

Got most of my lightings from LC Lighting centre - Shaw Plaza.

Look for uncle Philip - he is good at recommending me affordable quality lights.

If it's from spain, he will tell you so. If it's from China, he'll tell you so.

For any shop you go to along Balestier, ask for discount.

How many percent can I bargain?

Lumiere provided extremely poor service for me. Went in with my gf, was ignored the entire time. Asked a salesperson about some of their lights there, gave me a curt answer then continued ignoring me. Then an ang mo couple came in, the sales staff immediately flocked to them. This happened to me not once, but twice...

Will never step in there again with such biased and poor attitudes, surprisingly though, in contrast, I bought from their "sister" shop Eurostar, Danny provided excellent service for me.

I'd recommend Chan Huat, reasonable price and I made exchanges for some of my lights 3 times (due to my ID getting his measurements wrong and design changes...) without problems!

Excellent service provided by James and LK Lew.

then i think i will get worse treatment. Cause many people say that i look like a young boy!

Lumiere provided extremely poor service for me. Went in with my gf, was ignored the entire time. Asked a salesperson about some of their lights there, gave me a curt answer then continued ignoring me. Then an ang mo couple came in, the sales staff immediately flocked to them. This happened to me not once, but twice...

Will never step in there again with such biased and poor attitudes, surprisingly though, in contrast, I bought from their "sister" shop Eurostar, Danny provided excellent service for me.

I'd recommend Chan Huat, reasonable price and I made exchanges for some of my lights 3 times (due to my ID getting his measurements wrong and design changes...) without problems!

Excellent service provided by James and LK Lew.

then i think i will get worse treatment. Cause many people say that i look like a young boy!

I posted something similar at other post... so I copied and pasted over.

To share my experience with you about buying Lights with ID

Initally I tot I will be chop by those shops intro by my ID after reading the forum, I decided to get those lights myself. There is a particular crystal lights I am eyeing on is costing $590 and after discount is $520 @ LighTo*****. (My ID followed me to that shop which is recommended by my friend) But my ID told me some news about the shop. Then I decided to go to the shop recommended by my ID instead. (my Poor ID had to drive up and down just because of the lights I want. So Paisay... )

That shop is so flexible and able to configure whatever combination that I want. (provide that combination is possible.) And I can find the exact crytal lights in that shop and giving me a price after discount at $460!! Much cheaper than the price my friend recommended me. I also customised my bedroom lights and kitchen lights. Few days after, I wanted to changed my bedroom lights and kitchen lights design. You know what? They allowed me to do that, only that they cannot refund me the outstanding amount. So I just use those outstanding amount to get additional light bulbs. I am still very happy that I am able to make changes after the full payment is made. (Personally I am not encourage ppl to make changes last min. I only made minor changes only.)

I also understand my ID got commission from that light shop, because my ID told me after we came out from the light shop.

Conclusion:

Check the prices of the lights yourself and DUN buy 1st. after that, follow your ID to check out the shop he recommended. If his recommendation is cheaper, just use his. =P

Just to share that I bought my lights from LIGHTS ADVANCE TEAM at

No 773 Geylang Road

Tel: 6747 7232

The person who served me is Derek. His service is very good. Me and my hubby enjoyed the shopping trip. Not very pushy at sales type.

anyone go JB shop for lights? ceiling fan?

please give me details....thinking of going in this afternoon.

thanks many many

Hi Jessie, did you manage to get ceiling fan and lights from JB? Any shop to recommend. Went there last weekend and drive around quite a few places (checked out Geylang and Jln Besar before went to JB) but didn't manage to get anything :( . My cousin got 1 dining light, 1 bedroom light and 2 toilet lights for her condo. She got quite a good deal from there (all lights are from different shops adn total was RM 700. She was quote SGD 1000+ from a shop along Jln Besar on the same design). Found out that JB don't have much choices for ceiling fans with lights. I need to get 26 PLC downlights. Went to Prima and was quote $200 per set (almost fainted :jawdrop: ). Ask around a few more shops and found prices are around $28 - $78. JB quote was around RM 48 - 78 (didn't buy as didn't find any design that catches me and my wife). Might be going again this weekend to search around more

hi, this is shawn here. i had been working in lighting industry for 4 years +++.. hope i can help abit here to all those out there. i know alot of lighitng shop located in balestier, geylang & jalan besar. feel free to ask me if you have any doubts :) im not in lighting industry now, im now dealing with doors & wardrobe systems. But i believe my lighting knowledge have not drop at all :) thank you.

hi, this is shawn here. i had been working in lighting industry for 4 years +++.. hope i can help abit here to all those out there. i know alot of lighitng shop located in balestier, geylang & jalan besar. feel free to ask me if you have any doubts :) im not in lighting industry now, im now dealing with doors & wardrobe systems. But i believe my lighting knowledge have not drop at all :) thank you.

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum :D

I have been cracking my head on this ceiling fan issue... My flat ceiling is only 8ft high... Was previously looking at 3-blade fan due to its shorter neck, but many people said 3-blade fan produces little wind... Unless you are standing directly under the fan, else you won't feel the wind... Do you think I should go for 5-blade fan for the stronger wind? I am considering Fanco Aroma 5-blade fan now.

Thanks.

Hi Shawtai, any lightings or fans shop to recommend? I'm looking for downlights and ceiling fans (with and without lights) budget for downlights are $20 - $25 each (conceal screw, 5-6", need 26 of them), fans with light budget for $135 each (need 3 ~ 48 - 52") and without light below $100 (need 2 - at least 56")

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum :D

I have been cracking my head on this ceiling fan issue... My flat ceiling is only 8ft high... Was previously looking at 3-blade fan due to its shorter neck, but many people said 3-blade fan produces little wind... Unless you are standing directly under the fan, else you won't feel the wind... Do you think I should go for 5-blade fan for the stronger wind? I am considering Fanco Aroma 5-blade fan now.

Thanks.

Hi Yokine, 3 blades fan wont be so effective and will cause some noise, cos its too near to the ceiling which causes the noise. Aroma is 54'' fan come with lit kit and remote control, the rod of the fan itself is 4''. how much u get for the aroma? i see if i can get better price for you.. pm me.. :)

Hi Shawtai, any lightings or fans shop to recommend? I'm looking for downlights and ceiling fans (with and without lights) budget for downlights are $20 - $25 each (conceal screw, 5-6", need 26 of them), fans with light budget for $135 each (need 3 ~ 48 - 52") and without light below $100 (need 2 - at least 56")

Hi shkeat, you can try Strass lighting located in balestier. Look for Terrace and say Shawn recommence wan.. Downlight budget can meet, fan with light budget oso can meet (but depend on quality too), 56'' fan budget cant meet.. Below $100 is impossible. :)

Try endura trading. The lightings there are at affordable price and there are also a wide range of variety.

298 Changi Road

Singapore 419776

Tel/Hp : 63461856

Fax : 63461857