Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Hihi are you able to review on your Taobao solid wood dining table? Thanks so much in advance!

Hihi! My home is like a war zone at the moment so we have not set it up! We're planning to do it in the next week or so. So do stay tuned!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haven't been updating much because there's been not really much change in the renovations! They were putting the finishing touches on the carpentry.

They've finally made a blunder! I was soooo upset with it! Remember those IKEA bamboo cutlery trays that I bought? Turns out none of them fit the way I want them to. And knowing this the carpenters didn't even clarify with us where the trays can otherwise go to. I mean if it can't fit into the drawers against the wall, at least the island can custom for the tray right? 8|

20160105161952_zpsyhzmk15g.jpg

Though... Now that it's happened, we can only find a way to solve it... The carpenter suggested we cut them down to size then he made a couple more trays to match the drawer size. Results are surprisingly pleasing once I've gotten over my disappointment.

20160105161922%201_zpsbmuv6cu0.jpg

20160105161922_zpsoljxhtcx.jpg

Another thing that we realised is that the kitchen backsplash while it looks amazing, has a big flaw that I can't ignore.... My fiance's cool with it but I just can't stop looking at it! They never did tell us the limitation to this product was the length and highly recommended it to us when we were choosing.

backsplash_zps4ac7nyin.jpg

If the laminate's grain was slightly more matched and negligible, I would have just gone with it cause I love the look and texture... BUT I just can't get over it :S

How???!?!?

I also notice the IKEA cutlery tray too big (depth wise) for my cabinet after i measured :( I thought it will fit as i thought most carpentry should be the same depth measurement. How wrong are we. :wacko: So i bought from Amazon... hope it works haha.

As for the backsplash issue... did your carpenters give u any solution to make it look better? Maybe can ask them to find a more matching piece and replace it?

I also notice the IKEA cutlery tray too big (depth wise) for my cabinet after i measured :( I thought it will fit as i thought most carpentry should be the same depth measurement. How wrong are we. :wacko: So i bought from Amazon... hope it works haha.

As for the backsplash issue... did your carpenters give u any solution to make it look better? Maybe can ask them to find a more matching piece and replace it?

We knew beforehand so we told them they had to make it so that it would fit. But they didn't!!! Oh well.. At least they solved that for us and we got nice trays in addition. Let me know if the one you bought from Amazon fits!

That's what I was suggesting to them but they say it's too difficult to actually match it... I just need it near matching and not totally some more... I'm so bummed out... Luckily, they have agreed to replace at no additional cost with a Kompacplus backing.

hmm, intentionally create borders? or leave a gap?

http://cdn.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/wood-backsplash-luxury.jpg

Another thing that we realised is that the kitchen backsplash while it looks amazing, has a big flaw that I can't ignore.... My fiance's cool with it but I just can't stop looking at it! They never did tell us the limitation to this product was the length and highly recommended it to us when we were choosing.

If the laminate's grain was slightly more matched and negligible, I would have just gone with it cause I love the look and texture... BUT I just can't get over it :S

How???!?!?

hmm, intentionally create borders? or leave a gap?

http://cdn.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/wood-backsplash-luxury.jpg

How???!?!?

I think the issue is with the circular grains cause if they don't look continuous then the whole picture looks weird.... Apparently it's going to be very hard to take out and replace too... :~

Sapphire, your laminate backsplash idea is ! But I agree the joint area quite distracting. Does kompacplus come with woodgrains too? Tempting... :P

I thought it was an innovative idea too!! Alas all is not to be! I do recommend it if you don't have such a long exposed portion like mine.

I found on the Kompacplus website that they have a series that has a bark finish so I'm assuming that the will be wood grains~ yummy! The one that's going to be used to replace will be the following colour...

20160106003144_zpsxyi7kbqh.jpg

Quick Preview of the kitchen! Love my lights more and more!

20151222161954_zps0cwrcwvv.jpg

Love the kitchen and especially the Island. Love to have that.

But I agree on the backsplash, i myself couldn't take it if were to be me.

Haha I've been pretty easy going with them so I think that's why they nice? :notti:

WAH change laminates to kompacplus backsplash without extra charge! This problem is a blessing in disguise! :good: