Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 2/26/2016 at 11:26 PM, iluvfff said:

Hi, Lux and Sapphire,

After reading both of your lock experience, I think I also felt safe to get this P910 from qoo10 but I couldn't find this model in SG to compare with.  The shops here selling P718 @$999.  May I know the lock for the gate where Sapphire got from AN Digital, what is the price and what is the price that they charged your to install both P910 and the gate lock?  After the installer sync for you, can you use 1 rfid to open both locks?

I just try out the cost in qoo10, even there is a time sale of $339.90 + $49 (Push from Outside), without any option keys, is already $388.90.  :wacko::wacko:

Can I have the contact of your contractor as well?

Hi iluvfff, 

Sorry I've been MIA! Been planning and wedding and doing reno! 

The P718 is an equivalent model and the one we got is a parallel locally distributed on Korea only one. I think the price difference justifies as there is really no difference in function and the colour looks better too! It's really your choice but I've been getting a lot of positive comments from neighbours/friends/clients of my ID when they see it. Installation will cost you an additional $150-$160. Given the growth in use of digital locks it shouldn't be that difficult to get repair support if you ever need it. the same RFID can be used between the different models/brands as RFID works based on the same frequency.

I've PM-ed you the contact! 

On 2/26/2016 at 4:19 PM, bryanthoe said:

Hi all, if you are interested in getting digital locks for your homes, look no further! 

Here at My Digital Lock, we are currently having some promotions for the Yale Digital Locks.

You can take a look at our website http://www.mydigitallock.com.sg/promotion.html or our facebook https://www.facebook.com/mydigitallock/ for more information on the products/promotions.

Alternatively, you can drop me an sms/call directly at 92229315. I hope I can answer your questions regarding the digital locks.

Regards, Bryant.

On 2/27/2016 at 10:46 AM, bryanthoe said:

Hi iluvfff,

There are a few differences from the online korean set and the local english set. 

Firstly, only 2 mechanical over ride keys are given for the korean set, compared to the local set, which has 5 keys. Do note that these keys are computerized and are not able to duplicate easily.

Secondly, there is not master password to protect the programming in the korean set, meaning anyone can just change your password/reset your whole lock if they know how to do it.

Lastly, there is no warranty for the online set, as compared to our local set which has 2 years warranty by the distributors.

Let me give you a price breakdown: 

We charge about $200-$230 for installation services at My Digital Lock.

So for example, if you got the Korean set at $400, the total cost will come to about $630.

We also do digital locks for gates, which you can find out more on our website http://www.mydigitallock.com.sg/ or our facebook https://www.facebook.com/mydigitallock/

Please feel free to contact me, Bryant, at 92229315 if you have any questions, thanks!

Hi Bryant, 

Thank you for being informative but I do not appreciate you advertising services on other people's thread especially after I've done all installations and have positive reviews about my chosen lock suppliers and installers. Please set up your own thread and provide your own comparisons etc there. Thank you!

Edited by sapphire89

On 26/02/2016 at 11:26 PM, iluvfff said:

Hi, Lux and Sapphire,

After reading both of your lock experience, I think I also felt safe to get this P910 from qoo10 but I couldn't find this model in SG to compare with.  The shops here selling P718 @$999.  May I know the lock for the gate where Sapphire got from AN Digital, what is the price and what is the price that they charged your to install both P910 and the gate lock?  After the installer sync for you, can you use 1 rfid to open both locks?

I just try out the cost in qoo10, even there is a time sale of $339.90 + $49 (Push from Outside), without any option keys, is already $388.90.  :wacko::wacko:

Can I have the contact of your contractor as well?

The copper colour Samsung lock sold is the same as the 718 except that it it's the domestic model and thus the colour differentiation..at $389  it is already more than 50% cheaper than buying them locally. Of course there will always be warranty for the local products and like almost everything purchase online there will be trade offs so it really depends what's your priority.

For me it was the colour to match my wooden door and the price. I have been using it for 1 month now and it is a breeze. The 2 master keys are just back-up and I keep 1 at my parents place for emergency that's all. You definitely don't need 5 of those.

On the side , I agree with sapphire89  that it is not cool to advertise on other's blog even though at least Bryan  is honest enough about that rather than pretending to be a home owner ;)

Edited by Luxexplorer

2 minutes ago, Luxexplorer said:

The copper colour Samsung lock sold is the same as the 718 except that it it's the domestic model and thus the colour differentiation..at $389  it is already more than 50% cheaper than buying them locally. Of course there will always be warranty for the local products and like almost everything purchase online there will be trade offs so it really depends what's your priority.

For me it was the colour to match my wooden door and the price. I have been using it for 1 month now and it is a breeze. The 2 master keys are just back-up and I keep 1 at my parents place for emergency that's all. You definitely don't need 5 of those.

On the side , I agree with sapphire89  that it is not cool to advertise on other's blog even though at least Bryan  is honest enough about that rather than pretending to be a home owner ;)

Lux! I'm back! How's living in your new place?

Totally agree that at least he's honest enough to about it! Still not cool~

We're loving the keyless process. Had to move stuff up to the place over the weekend and we just closed the door behind us to grab more stuff downstairs and we're look feels so cool not to need to bring anything out! Haha! :D

Finally, after a long hiatus! I'm back for almost the final update. I've been getting lots of compliments on my kitchen which I'm extremely proud of~ Thank you all! 

Here are some of the handover photos! Not done accessorizing but moved some of our buys and personal collectibles in and the place already looks like it's lived in! 

Photo%205-3-16%207%2054%2053%20PM_zpsgk5

Photo%205-3-16%2010%2057%2057%20AM_zpsd9

Photo%205-3-16%2010%2057%2019%20AM_zpsc9

Photo%205-3-16%2010%2056%2002%20AM_zps0m

Photo%205-3-16%2010%2056%2014%20AM_zpsqy

We've moved all our books in so we've got a full bookshelf! So satisfied with the space! Going to spruce the place up with more accessories... a floor lamp and stationery holders and some pictures for the walls... and curtains... but this is what we have at the moment... 

Photo%205-3-16%2010%2056%2045%20AM_zpsak

Photo%206-3-16%204%2011%2042%20PM_zpsxjn

Edited by sapphire89

• Like 1

Hi Sapphire, absolutely gorgeous kitchen!

I love how you add the extra space in the kitchen... It is worth every penny IMO..

Thanks for sharing this great stuff.. 

Regarding the digital lock. Can we go direct to Mr Lim or we need to go thru An digital lock to engage his installation service? 

25 minutes ago, xiang38 said:

Regarding the digital lock. Can we go direct to Mr Lim or we need to go thru An digital lock to engage his installation service? 

Hi xiang,

Mr Lim is not with AN Digital. He is recommended by a few other T-Bloggers. I tried contacting him but decided to go with AN since it's more convenient. The AN Digital installer says he will not work direct so I didn't get his contact. 

9 hours ago, desmtooh said:

Hi Sapphire, absolutely gorgeous kitchen!

I love how you add the extra space in the kitchen... It is worth every penny IMO..

Thanks for sharing this great stuff.. 

Hi desmtooh, Thanks for the compliments! Totally agree... Anyway, everyone that sees it says look like condo or that I have to cook more. Why can't it be the hubby?!? Oh I remember! He need to help me clean that's why!! :D

On 3/7/2016 at 11:36 AM, sapphire89 said:

Lux! I'm back! How's living in your new place?

Totally agree that at least he's honest enough to about it! Still not cool~

We're loving the keyless process. Had to move stuff up to the place over the weekend and we just closed the door behind us to grab more stuff downstairs and we're look feels so cool not to need to bring anything out! Haha! :D

Yo Sapphire89, Cant believe how time flies and it is coming one month now at my new flat. Love it ( who wouldn't love living in their new home). It is super windy here so also means very dusty especially lots of projects being built here so means regular cleaning. Loving your kitchen - so big with that island its a *thumbs up*

Took a few days to get use to going out without the keys but really convenient. I love this technology :) But it makes sense to have the same for the gate or at least a numeric padlock, if not defeats the purpose! Or like me, NO gate!!! LOL

Edited by Luxexplorer

Congratzz Sapphire, finally it's done....

Your kitchen is dream kitchen especially with the big island in the center... more picture pleasee :D

23 hours ago, Luxexplorer said:

Yo Sapphire89, Cant believe how time flies and it is coming one month now at my new flat. Love it ( who wouldn't love living in their new home). It is super windy here so also means very dusty especially lots of projects being built here so means regular cleaning. Loving your kitchen - so big with that island its a *thumbs up*

Took a few days to get use to going out without the keys but really convenient. I love this technology :) But it makes sense to have the same for the gate or at least a numeric padlock, if not defeats the purpose! Or like me, NO gate!!! LOL

It's very windy at my place too from the limited times I've been up there... The wind messes with the fan and you don't really feel it. I might have to try the reverse mode for the fan and see if it works better when it is windy. The island itself is very tall and I'm going to have to get a step ladder thingy for my mum and sis when they decide they want to come over and bake. But my neighbours who signed the same ID said they concluded we're like bakers who needed the space to decorate cakes... They were stunned by how young we were :D

Your "no gate" is looking amazing please. Now I wonder why I have gate. I still think the yale one that I got was too ex but in SG they're all standard price so oh well! Will go get a digital peephole soon so that can catch any movements outside the house.

20 hours ago, pankponk said:

Congratzz Sapphire, finally it's done....

Your kitchen is dream kitchen especially with the big island in the center... more picture pleasee :D

16 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Congrats on completing Reno!!

Love your kitchen -- can't wait to see what you cook up in there! ;)

Thanks!!! This is totally my dream kitchen. Pity I don't have a balcony or this house will be perfect! 

I'm going to decorate more now then I'll have more photos pankponk~

Can't wait to start cooking too Kara! :D