Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shibumi

Are Air-Con Compressor Units Weather-Sealed?

Hi fellows, just curious. May I know if the compressor units that we often see on the air-con ledges outside HDB units, are truly weather-proof? Particularly their vents (as can be seen in this photo):

VHlBMn7.jpg

My air-con ledge has significant debris leftover from the developer's & contractor's labour. My handspray (read: bidet) is able to flush away the crap until a corner that I can actually reach with a dustpan; but I'm concerned if the ac compressor units can take some splashing (because the jet of water from the handspray isn't exactly a precision tool)...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nowadays HDB has offered comes with AC?

Your is EC isn't? The AC condenser is weather sealed even spray water or rain is not an issue, but just don't spray water on pipping inlet at left hand side area.

Nowadays HDB has offered comes with AC?

Your is EC isn't? The AC condenser is weather sealed even spray water or rain is not an issue, but just don't spray water on pipping inlet at left hand side area.

Oops; mine is DBSS (but to me, it's actually just a glorified HDB).

What does the piping inlet resemble? Is it always on the left-hand side of compressor units (mine's Daikin).

Oops; mine is DBSS (but to me, it's actually just a glorified HDB).

What does the piping inlet resemble? Is it always on the left-hand side of compressor units (mine's Daikin).

Actually ur condition still under coverage on AC leadge, unlike old HDB without AC leadge the whole outdoor unit was expose direct sun too, but still can last around 10 yrs also never getting rusty too.

If you too worried it, can ask Aircon contractor come and raise up the condenser leg support to be prevent the water leave on the steel leg for longer time and getting rust as well