Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shibumi

Rectifying Minor Paint Job Mishaps

Hi fellows, I'd shifted in for a few months. While shifting furniture around &/or installing other small furnishings, I caused some damages to my walls & ceilings paint job. My ID kept some of my leftover paint around. May I know:

Qn1: if it is possible to use a water-colour brush (yes, those small-tipped ones used for art & craft) to directly paint over these areas?:

(Exhibit A): around 10-cent coin diameter

g9ID3Te.jpg

(Exhibit B): half a palm size

FYqQdrO.jpg

Cause from what I see on YouTube most of them tutorials sand off a lot of the area surrounding the damaged spot, then paint a base white, then paint a few more coats of the desired colour paint. But as you can see in my exhibit, my "damaged areas" so small only...

Qn2: may I know how to determine if my leftover paint is in a ready-to-use mix, or need to mix with some other chemicals before using?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Using water color paint brush is no problem.

From your 'very clear' picture, the wall was painted using rollers, so you will see the brush stroke if you use paint brush.

But you should 1st remove the peeling part. I would just use a rough cloth and wipe the damage area, the peel part should drop off.

Don't misunderstand, I just meant the pictures (especially the first) are very high resolution. So looking at them, I could image seeing the brush stroke after the touch up.

It should not be too obvious unless you are looking at it in the same high resolution.

Anyway I decided to go ahead to use an art & craft brush to rectify the spot damages. The brush I'd used this not the type with black strands; it's also not the calligraphy type. It's the type with white strands that are so stiff that you need to soften it with warm water before 1st use.

Anyway, let's see some results. First, some small spots of my bedroom wall that got peeled off due to some silicon stoppers (you know those clear rubbery ones you stick on drawer doors to dampen slamming) being pressed on it for a long time (& then pulled away).

This is the before:

MXZTrUm.jpg

6iw4goT.jpg

& this is the after:

lZ1lZ0m.jpg

i1ViPba.jpg

& from a distance (I included the manual so that the camera has a reference distance to focus on):

QeLoAzz.jpg

Another area; this is the before:

fVlPMbW.jpg

& this is the after (immediately after painting):

http://i.imgur.com/WFErtJd.jpg

& this is the after (after some drying time):

http://i.imgur.com/XupAQqR.jpg

Overall, for the effort & time I expended, I'm pretty pleased with the result. I know the proper way is to sand off, re-prime the area, then paint multiple thin coats, but...the choice to pursue which approach is up to individuals.