Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Twinky, I am using HERF but not from Evorich.

So far so good, no issues of fumes whatsoever.

can share the source and price? so far heard of eco+ (from korea), NURF by floor empire etc.. so many brands.. these days the vinyl flooring has so many different variety..

care to share how's the maintenance like?did u do any skirting for the vinyl?

Basically, inspection is for you to check that the owner have shifted out and not left anything unwanted behind. This is because subsequent haulage will be borne by you.

It is also for you to check that the house condition per what you viewed and agreed to buy. Any damages you highlight to hdb and the cost of repair (eg. Ceiling leaking) will not be borne by you.

Its also for you to check that the seller has left behind everything per the inventory list in your option.

thank you hc28. i dun remember signing anything to buy from the owner.. =( neither do i have an inventory list..

Hi Twinklecloud,

So far I only have 1 id quote which was >50K but that was because I plan to do an overlay for the floorings instead of hacking. My EM is in Hougang Ave 8 and condition is very old. what about you? Where is your EM? I have already made plans for my flooring and it will come last after everything is up. As for the rest, I need to wait till I collect my keys in Dec 2015 before I can decide.

hi jess131181, mine is hougang st 11 and mine condition is as bad too.. will learn to upload some of the pics of the pre-reno pics here soon. are u the 2nd or 3rd owner? u plan to redo everything? hehe..

i have to redo many things.. but still now layout not firm up yet. have many ideas but many were thrown out due to prices and too much of a trouble..

now still in the mist of selecting ID

thank you hc28. i dun remember signing anything to buy from the owner.. =( neither do i have an inventory list..

i mean that the house is in the condition which you agreed to buy. inventory list is at the back of the option which usually is left empty.

Your layout is almost similar to my unit, except I had lots of weird angles in the toilets. Mine is a staircase corner unit so the house had a few weird corners. Our main pet peeve was the big wall that greets you the minute you enter the house and you have to go around to enter the kitchen.

Sticking around to see your progress! :D

Your layout is almost similar to my unit, except I had lots of weird angles in the toilets. Mine is a staircase corner unit so the house had a few weird corners. Our main pet peeve was the big wall that greets you the minute you enter the house and you have to go around to enter the kitchen.

Sticking around to see your progress! :D

hi happykowple,

thanks for popping by!

i went in to read your tblog.. :good: your house is very nicely done up!!!

i have been wanting a storeroom but yet gotten it from any ID i have seen so far..hope they can come out with some *storeroom* as EM has no storeroom..

really like the way your house is done up!! =) care to share if u have aircon for both upstairs and downstairs?

thank you!

hi happykowple,

thanks for popping by!

i went in to read your tblog.. :good: your house is very nicely done up!!!

i have been wanting a storeroom but yet gotten it from any ID i have seen so far..hope they can come out with some *storeroom* as EM has no storeroom..

really like the way your house is done up!! =) care to share if u have aircon for both upstairs and downstairs?

thank you!

Thanks for the compliment! The previous owner had the store room/utility room as per your current layout. It was big but we wanted a laundry room more than a huge store room. So we created a smaller one outside the open kitchen.

Yes, we have air cons on both levels. :)

Thanks for the compliment! The previous owner had the store room/utility room as per your current layout. It was big but we wanted a laundry room more than a huge store room. So we created a smaller one outside the open kitchen.

Yes, we have air cons on both levels. :)

hey happykowple,

do u put in 2 compressors or just both levels?=)

2 compressors will depend on the HDB amp supply else it will not be approved after all.

So usually old EM blocks if the area has not undergone urban renewal process or electrical supply upgrading then don't even need to try or think about it :).

Tried checking this out and AC guys says don't bother cannot approve. So just need to check if upgrading done else view it as forced to save $$$ which is a good thing :)

doubleEM,

which is true on the compressors. will have to see if it's approved..

got to try and see.. hehe

HDB will be upgrading our electrical supply soon so we went ahead. So far we only turn on one air-con at a time. No need (and no money) to run more than one at a time.

Not to sure did you cook a lot, but if you do I will think that the fridge should be facing the basin so will be more easy for you to prep your ingredient. If you going use ur island to do the prep that it will be good.

I just looking at the flow at the kitchen and this is my 5 cents lah. hope it helps.

But I do think that will turn it nice, so far after meeting the ID anyone that you can find the chemistry?

All the best on the project ya.

Thats like a total change of your WC from their original positions and the original waste hole from HDB cannot be altered so not sure if you would be able to achieve that but I guess since you have drawn it out means you have discovered it can be done.

But make sure its approved to prevent issues in future as I've learnt when trying to sell my old place when the officer came and ask why this this this and this was not documented and approved? Is was a massive headache.