Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Electrical points

Going to discuss with ID as well as electrician on the points.. any tips anyone?

Was considering if we shld do a one master switch to control all the lights to save the trouble of switching one by one.. hehe

Hub wanted to automate the whole house.. wondering if anyone here has any experience/tips to share?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Electrical points

Going to discuss with ID as well as electrician on the points.. any tips anyone?

Was considering if we shld do a one master switch to control all the lights to save the trouble of switching one by one.. hehe

Hub wanted to automate the whole house.. wondering if anyone here has any experience/tips to share?

Maybe I can tell you about my Philips hue bulb setup in my house and you see if it is what you wanted. All bulbs comes in E27 connectors and there is a bridge(device) you have to connect to your router. Once you turn on your bulb, it will link/talk to the bridge which allow you to control the lights thru your handphone. Thru the philips hue apps you can set your lights to any colour any intensity to your preference. I then bought a philips hue tap switch which allow me to save 4 preset on each tap switch. Example of the 4 settings is All Off/Blue/50% Brightness/90% Brightness. So when I reach home, I turn on the wall switch which light I want to on, then press the hue tap to change to the preset I want which is usually the 90% daylight. This totally eliminate the need to use my handphone to switch on my lights and it runs on kinetic power, no need battery. I would also advice you not to have 1 master switch to on all your lights as sometime u want only certain lights on for mood. I have a total of 12 bulbs in living room, using 1 switch for every 2 lights. I usually only turn on 4 to 6 lights and I rotate them to spread the lifespan.

As for the automated part, I can control my lights as long as I have access to internet on my PC or 4G on my handphone. Thru the philips hue apps on 4G, when i reaching home like downstairs, I would launch the apps and change to another scene, my wife at home would feel the change in light colors and she knows I am downstairs and open the door for me. The first time I used this feature it freaked her out cos I changed to red.

Costing depends on how many bulb you need, they are about $70 each. I bought my E27 downlight holder for $10 each, so about $80 per point and I have 12. Hue tap is $89. Starter kit about $280 including the bridge with 3 bulbs.

Maintenance is as good as not necessary as E27 holder hardly spoil, if your hue bulb spoil very easy to replace as it is E27 type, unlike those flat led downlight with drivers, you will have a hard time getting replacement especially if the shop you bought from closed for business. Not to mention the crumps that will fall off from the false ceiling while replacing and touching those wires. E27 is just screw on and that's it. No need drivers.

The only set back I would say is it takes some planning to install the E27 downlight or pendant lamp. You can see my tblog should have some pictures. And google philips hue light and hue tap for more information. HTH.

Maybe I can tell you about my Philips hue bulb setup in my house and you see if it is what you wanted. All bulbs comes in E27 connectors and there is a bridge(device) you have to connect to your router. Once you turn on your bulb, it will link/talk to the bridge which allow you to control the lights thru your handphone. Thru the philips hue apps you can set your lights to any colour any intensity to your preference. I then bought a philips hue tap switch which allow me to save 4 preset on each tap switch. Example of the 4 settings is All Off/Blue/50% Brightness/90% Brightness. So when I reach home, I turn on the wall switch which light I want to on, then press the hue tap to change to the preset I want which is usually the 90% daylight. This totally eliminate the need to use my handphone to switch on my lights and it runs on kinetic power, no need battery. I would also advice you not to have 1 master switch to on all your lights as sometime u want only certain lights on for mood. I have a total of 12 bulbs in living room, using 1 switch for every 2 lights. I usually only turn on 4 to 6 lights and I rotate them to spread the lifespan.

As for the automated part, I can control my lights as long as I have access to internet on my PC or 4G on my handphone. Thru the philips hue apps on 4G, when i reaching home like downstairs, I would launch the apps and change to another scene, my wife at home would feel the change in light colors and she knows I am downstairs and open the door for me. The first time I used this feature it freaked her out cos I changed to red.

Costing depends on how many bulb you need, they are about $70 each. I bought my E27 downlight holder for $10 each, so about $80 per point and I have 12. Hue tap is $89. Starter kit about $280 including the bridge with 3 bulbs.

Maintenance is as good as not necessary as E27 holder hardly spoil, if your hue bulb spoil very easy to replace as it is E27 type, unlike those flat led downlight with drivers, you will have a hard time getting replacement especially if the shop you bought from closed for business. Not to mention the crumps that will fall off from the false ceiling while replacing and touching those wires. E27 is just screw on and that's it. No need drivers.

The only set back I would say is it takes some planning to install the E27 downlight or pendant lamp. You can see my tblog should have some pictures. And google philips hue light and hue tap for more information. HTH.

thank you for the comprehensive explanation!! will read up and explore more! going to read your Tblog too.. hehe..thanks for dropping by!

letter box lock

side track abit. May i know if anyone has done and how it can be done? i went to the locksmith and he said can DIY. we are still wondering.. would appreciate any input. thanks!

wow!! i am looking forward to your door installation! btw did u get the digital lock as well?

Decided against the digital lock for now. Might get for main door at later date but trying to keep within budget for now

Powerpoint

Discussed powerpoint with ID yesterday.. have totally zero Idea how to go about..

this was what has been discussed:

main entrance - 1 point for the light

utility room - 1 light point and 2 powerpoint

dining area - 1 powerpoint at the shoe cabinet.. ??? mind blank

kitchen - track lights and 3 powerpoint ( hoob,oven and dish washer)

kitchen counter top - 4 powerpoint

yard - light

dining table - hanging light

balcony - 2 powerpoint at the side

living hall - cat 6 and 4 powerpoint for the TV, etc, 2 more for the computer table

along the stairway - 6 led bulbs

upstairs

corridor - 1 track lights

room - 2 each

master bedroom - 4 powerpoint

not sure if i missed out anything... i need to think about it..

would appreciate any input to help me decide.. thank you

Day 32

balcony and kitchen tiles have arrived.

balcony tiles

20160112165009_zps41zdijr0.jpg

going to lay the tiles this way instead of the straight way as my living hall is done this way

kitchen tiles

20160112165010_zpsahcobxwn.jpg

my mario floor tiles... see the resemblance.. lol

hqdefault_zps3vfqokkg.jpg

Edited by twinklecloud

Powerpoint

this was what has been discussed:

living hall - cat 6 and 4 powerpoint for the TV, etc, 2 more for the computer table

not sure if i missed out anything... i need to think about it..

would appreciate any input to help me decide.. thank you

Think it is good to assign the powerpoint to each gadget to have a clearer picture as to how much you need here, provided you have no intention of getting extension plugs. Gadgets that I off-hand think of:

01. Modem

02. Terminal Point for Fiber

03. TV

04. (Will there be any media player?)

05. (How many PCs / laptops?)

06. (Will there be a printer?)

07. (Will there be any floor / side table lamps?)

Think it is good to assign the powerpoint to each gadget to have a clearer picture as to how much you need here, provided you have no intention of getting extension plugs. Gadgets that I off-hand think of:

01. Modem

02. Terminal Point for Fiber

03. TV

04. (Will there be any media player?)

05. (How many PCs / laptops?)

06. (Will there be a printer?)

07. (Will there be any floor / side table lamps?)

Oh yes! I totally forgotten about the modem,media player and printer! Oh Gosh...so many gadgets! Hehe..thank u thank u for the reminder...

Some updates Day 33

Master toilet

P1130033_zps2qsmqv4l.jpg

view from entrance

Asked ID to do a seat for me so that i can sit down n shower or wash my feet.. :D

P1130032_zpsbfbw7e2o.jpg

the big hole is for the toilet bowl

P1130030_zpsvrwkjhcn.jpg

ID boxed up the pipe n did a false ceiling to put cove light.. it was a surprised.. we din discuss it before hand and wanted to leave the pipes expose.. but it turn out super well..

P1130038_zpsrn1bmkt9.jpg

Another thumbs up.. he did it! though just one but I am very happy.. it's soo soo nice..

Edited by twinklecloud

Day 33

Common toilet upstairs

P1130027_zpsyo7qxgzv.jpg

Shower area. My ID did a hole for me to put the shampoo and a seat for the kids to shower. hehe.

P1130039_zpsp0aiu0hn.jpg

see how well the pipes are hidden.. cant even see a single trace! kudos to him!

P1130028_zpsuuxg6ciz.jpg

totally love this!

Edited by twinklecloud

Staircase

my Original staircase

PB130916_zpszcoirpqr.jpg

what i plan to do (1)

Simply%20timber%20tread%20stairs%20Perth

only to paint white under the steps..

then I saw my neighbour did something like this (2)

contemporary-staircase_zpsqgldcmqw.jpg

So ID asked his tiler n he did this..

P1130042_zpsejewxuzv.jpg

A sample of it. Wood not done yet..Imagine the wood on top n this pattern tiles below the wood like the (2).

would like some opinions.. now this is not cast into stones yet can still change if not nice.. need some expert advise.. thank you!

Edited by twinklecloud

I like the 1st one. Looks as if the stairs are floating on air

but my wall is not white if i am not wrong.

ID decided that the tiles look nice under timber plank.. will see how it turn out when the wood comes

Shopping

I think I am the slow leg and hand kind. I havent settled the following things for my house:

1. WC x 3

2. sinks x 3

3. kitchen sink

4. taps for all toilets

5. shower head/rain shower

6. connector and spidet

7. hob and hood

8. Oven

9. Dishwasher

10. washing machine and dryers

11. Sofa

12. chairs

13. Computer table

Not sure if I miss anything out! Oh gosh! so much things to buy.. Think I be poorer at the end of the reno....