Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, twinklecloud said:

The Swing chair is up!

97f6e355-3062-4613-afac-fc255fc39971_zps

Waited quite a while for the handyman(recommended by a friend) to come, had to call him twice and he did not even bother to tell me he had something and couldnt make it on time. late for 1.5hours. Felt so bad, ID came and help out and had to wait for this guy to come.

Ended up. He told us he couldn't do drill on the beam!!! :bangwall:So he suggest this way, on the side walls to hang the swing.. So ID did the measurement to ensure it is in the centre, mark for him to drill the brackets up. All he did was drill hole. (if we knew it was like this, ID could have ask him workers to help out instead of waiting for this guy,:unsure:)When done we adjusted the height and tried sitting on it. Overall not too bad!

Just feel the space behind the swing is like wasted.. we cant do anything.. :~

but at least the swing is up.. feel the background color green doesnt really match the whole balcony with the swing chair white.. what do all of u think?

Love your SWING! So happy for you that it's finally up!!!

Isn't the space behind the swing important... for the swing to swing? Anyway I think it's a lot more secure on the walls than on the beam, I was always a bit worried that your beam wouldn't be able to withstand the weight. Perhaps you can hang a picture behind the swing. It would look very nice!

Actually I like the colour scheme of your balcony! Think it goes well with the white! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
51 minutes ago, twinklecloud said:

The house is complete!! What's left is the curtains.. will probably get it up by next week

the final product.

kitchen!

IMG_20160422_192043_zpsismwe4wx.jpg            IMG_20160422_192009_zpsjkbsp47n.jpg

Everything is here.. now there is some issue. =( when the fridge door open.. it bang on the door handle. :~ and there is not sufficient space for the fridge door to completely open... :(

the whole row of switches.. on the left.. some changes need to be done.... apparently the first one connects my stove and my dishwasher.. Already inform ID and he will get electrician to retify...

the floor tiles for the kitchen is quite fragile..see pic below. ID will get his tiler in to change the tiles... cross fingers no more chip...=(

IMG_20160420_134142_zpsppboria2.jpg

Oh dear about the fridge door! We are worried we will have a similar problem, our door is a sliding glass door and the fridge door when open will probably hit the glass door when the glass door is open. Will have to make some sort of cushion on the fridge door so that it doesn't accidentally shatter the glass door :blink:. I actually knew this would be the problem if we put the fridge so close to the wall so we purposely checked that our fridge's door doesn't swing too much out. Hope you solve your problem! Maybe it's just getting used to it?

Love the kitchen though, those floor tiles look amazing!!

Hey andrew brought up the issue about the fridge door also :D

he's very willing to point out potential pitfalls in your design.

LOVE THE SWING. where is your laundry area, btw?

:~:bangwall:

A few issues with the fridge.. sob sob... dunno how i can leave with it.. will try n figure after i shift in..

the door when open will bang the handle of the aluminum door. when i close up the door, the fridge door bang the wall of the other side and barely can open and take out the drawers..:jawdrop:think the clearance was not given much for the opening of the fridge.. =(

thanks ricepapergirl and gumbokins, thank you for assurance for the swing!!!

gumbokins,

my laundry area? it's just outside my common toilet behind my kitchen. havent put up the bars yet.. wondering if there is space.. :wacko:

46 minutes ago, twinklecloud said:

:~:bangwall:

A few issues with the fridge.. sob sob... dunno how i can leave with it.. will try n figure after i shift in..

the door when open will bang the handle of the aluminum door. when i close up the door, the fridge door bang the wall of the other side and barely can open and take out the drawers..:jawdrop:think the clearance was not given much for the opening of the fridge.. =(

thanks ricepapergirl and gumbokins, thank you for assurance for the swing!!!

gumbokins,

my laundry area? it's just outside my common toilet behind my kitchen. havent put up the bars yet.. wondering if there is space.. :wacko:

since the space for the fridge is fixed already....hv to change fridge? to single door open on right side?

9 minutes ago, gumbokins said:

since the space for the fridge is fixed already....hv to change fridge? to single door open on right side?

Yeah, I also think this might be the solution if you really cannot stand it. Or to look for single door which is deeper but narrower? I admit I haven't seen many fridge doors that open on the right.

My parents had the same fridge for over 10 years, so when they did a reno, the fridge become came a point of contention because they didn't tear down all of the cabinets and had a hard time looking for a new fridge that was exactly the same size as the old one (2 door fridges were all the rage at that time).

my current fridge is about 5 years old. It runs fine, is a good size and energy efficient. Wondering if its worth to keep it or pass on. Sometimes in the process of the move, things get bumped then sian lor.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, twinklecloud said:

sarah833,

apparently helping hands only do moving during office hours.. anything on weekend, they do not work.. so that's out for me.

I am looking for weekend move.

So far, I have got 3 quotes.. still pending 2 more to come in.

Oh I Thought they work on Saturdays but not Sundays?  They don't work in the evenings and on Sundays as that's the rule of the yellow ribbon project. 

http://www.thebestsingapore.com/best-place/the-helping-hand-moving-service/

Edited by sarah833

On 25/04/2016 at 8:31 AM, twinklecloud said:

thanks shpesft. pm me if convenient?

Care to share with me what u have done? curtains or blinds?

I've message you. I did curtains for 3 bedrooms and balcony and 3 sets of blinds for entrance foyer/aircon ledge

ricepapergirl and gumbokins.. haha change fridge??? this is new.. lol.. already told Andrew I will be getting this.. haha.. think some lost in translation..

anyway he will need to help me solve this issue.. thinking if we can remove the handle of the door.. hehe.. tomolo shall take a pic of the fridge door and the door handle. =)

gumbokins, my friend took her fridge with her when she shifted. it was working fine.. u may consider keeping.. =)

I wanted a bigger fridge as I cook quite often.. hence 2 door was the best option for me and I got this 625litre fridge with 4 ticks for less than $2K. hehe..

upstairs

IMG_20160420_133936_zpsqhlu8dtm.jpg

did a full height cupboard before the entrance of the common toilet upstairs for storage.

23adbbfa-8e27-4343-98bd-1d6b9004a31b_zps my small mini track light for the common area upstairs.

ID created this space look alike staircase near the stairway..

Any Idea what to do with it?lol

IMG_20160420_134012_zpscuyhoxqn.jpg

On 4/25/2016 at 10:07 AM, ricepapergirl said:

Oh! That's useful to know! I was thinking of using helping hands as well! Will take this into account (husband and I might just take a week's leave to move in and settle stuff)...

I always use Helping Hands. They quotations are always reasonable and even if a little more I will support them because we are doing something good out of it as well. They are professional and so far have never broken any items from my numerous moves

51 minutes ago, Luxexplorer said:

I always use Helping Hands. They quotations are always reasonable and even if a little more I will support them because we are doing something good out of it as well. They are professional and so far have never broken any items from my numerous moves

Thank you for this wonderful review! Yeah we are definitely thinking of going with them. Any idea how long in advance we should contact them beforehand?