Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ling3bzr

Jcy Minimalist 5Rm Resale Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some pre-renovation photos

View from the main door:

I will be keeping the concept of a platform as I find the living abit too big and I didn't want to waste the space.

C9F2893F-9BEE-4BA3-991B-28D4574BC72E.jpg

The v long wall:

1F033537-FE02-4EA6-B938-124F383A77AA.jpg

Dining and balcony area:

The balcony has been leveled up previously so it makes the dining area even more spacious

AFE9FBAC-8726-4A08-82E7-1AC0042FF6B6.jpg

Kitchen:

I will be keeping the tiles as they are still quite. Carpentry to redo but still maintaining L shape

FF3E9028-4A59-4A4F-9951-14DB40A867CE.jpg

Edited by ling3bzr

Some pre-renovation photos

View from the main door:

I will be keeping the concept of a platform as I find the living abit too big and I didn't want to waste the space.

C9F2893F-9BEE-4BA3-991B-28D4574BC72E.jpg

The v long wall:

1F033537-FE02-4EA6-B938-124F383A77AA.jpg

Dining and balcony area:

The balcony has been leveled up previously so it makes the dining area even more spacious

AFE9FBAC-8726-4A08-82E7-1AC0042FF6B6.jpg

Kitchen:

I will be keeping the tiles as they are still quite. Carpentry to redo but still maintaining L shape

FF3E9028-4A59-4A4F-9951-14DB40A867CE.jpg

Your pictures remind me of the flat I used to live in when I was a kid. I'm guessing this is amk 500+?

Your pictures remind me of the flat I used to live in when I was a kid. I'm guessing this is amk 500+?

Haha.. Yes!!

I love the estate! Lots of good food around!

Here's a brief summary of my journey of ID/contractor selection.

Contractor J & E

I called contractor J and was told to contact Mr E. After a few messages, arrangement was made to meet at the flat for a discussion. Both of them came and were punctual. Contractor J was friendly and quite a typical contractor; straight to the point. His "partner" E seems to be lacking in knowledge and he's more like a coordinator? After a tour at the house and discussing what were the things I wanted to be done, I was told that they will draft a quotation and let me know within the next 2-3 weeks. The quotation never came and there was no further follow up by either of them. Since during the 3 weeks I was also sourcing IDs, I never bothered to contact them for follow up as well. Perhaps if I did followup, I would have gotten a reply? Oh well..

Oxxtxxx Sxxxxxx

Sourced this ID after browsing . Met once for a f2f discussion and to view the works at the office and about a week later received a call and was told quotation ready. Met up at the office again. Quotation given was wayyyy out of budget. My initial plan was to relay the flooring as I didn't like the gloss finishing of the homo tiles, so was explained that due to premix and the size of my floor area, flooring is one of the expensive stuff in the quote. And was told the quote was for $5 tiles or something. When I asked about alternatives such as overlay vinyl flooring, she said vinyl flooring is toxic and she won't recommend doing vinyl. Anyway, I felt she was rather pushy from the start so I dropped her.

I-Cxxxxxx

Saw one of the Renotalker t-blog and saw the house was quite nicely done, decided to contact the firm. Email was replied promptly and R replied me (not the same ID that did the fellow Renotalker's Reno). We met a total of 3 times. First time was at the office to go through the layout and my basic requiremets. Quotation was given to me within a week and we met a second time at the flat to see if anything were missed out since my flat was a resale and there could be additional works/touch up required. 3rd time was finalization of quotation. The quotation was within budget. Though the Service was good and I could feel the sincerity in him but somehow, I felt that there was a lack of rapport and I did not feel confident in his design.

Fxxxx Axxxxx

Dropped the firm an email after seeing . D replied my email and informed him my requirements via watsapp. Did not meet him until quotation was ready. He had to rush my quotation out as the previous ID wanted me to commit before month end as to lock the price. There was very good rapport and communicating with him was easy. I felt that I've known this guy for years.. Haha! Yeah, that's how good the rapport was. The quotation given was also reasonable. No guessing needed, decided to engage him and deposit paid on the first meeting.

My first purchase for the house! A solid 1.6m America walnut table + 4 chairs + matching bench

8BB75051-D472-4D80-B43C-8928D5553040.png

Had been sourcing for dining table for quite some time. Was shortlisting this and another solid teakwood from Ethnicraft. Decided with this as hubby like the darker colour and slim clean cut design better.

Will be updating more buys soon!

Super good condition! I just got a unit in a different town, have almost the same layout, except my balcony is at the living room..

But mine's a much older unit so i'm ripping everything out to redo. will keep tabs on your progress for ideas.

I'm changing 2 toilets; overlay wall and flooring

Redo kitchen cabinets

Whole house vinyl flooring

Mbr customed wardrobe

Tv feature and shoe rack

Plastering and painting

False ceiling and electrical works

Initially wanted a settee at the living area where platform is, decided not to cuz scared next time children will climb. So I'm redoing the platform, with cove lights

Edited by ling3bzr

Saw this at Harvey and I really liked it. And it was on sale!! Very cheap!! BUT, it was the last display piece :(

9B8A0416-8908-42C3-BA44-79EBC0A6644B.jpg

Went to quite a few places like lush, comfort design, a few places at ubi, one at Alexandra road, the furniture mall, imm, celini, scanteak etc etc and either the sofa were not comfortable, or too small and can't customise or out of budget

Finally decided on this at parkmall. Surprisingly, not all the shops are expensive and this fits our budget (<$2k), can customise to our length, with wooden legs and colour just nice! Also, we requested for a 1-piece cushion seat instead of 2 cushions.

C16CA042-219C-4DC7-BD5A-4D693EC114A5.jpg

*yipee*

Edited by ling3bzr