Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ling3bzr

Jcy Minimalist 5Rm Resale Flat

can i know what is the specifications of the sofa u ordered and from which shop?

The material is leather or fabric?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

can i know what is the specifications of the sofa u ordered and from which shop?

The material is leather or fabric?

Size can be customised to the length you want. But for L shape recommend is at least 2.4m

My sofa is 2.5m and fabric. They have alot of fabric to choose from also!

I got it at modern living at parkmall

Popped by the house over the weekend

Skirting and platform removed and aircon trunking done

B985EAF1-B2B0-4D7B-BAE1-9E8AD37C135F.jpg

The laminates in the room removed and this what greeted me. So retro!

C444C9E7-0168-4760-AC41-F529EC8A55BF.jpg

Mbr bathroom wall and floor tiles. Going for simplicity

18DC2CFF-B5F6-4570-9ED9-4835D8C01DCA.jpg

A different feel for the common toilet.

21C5A75D-AB55-48B4-91B4-D220B7D6DD16.jpg

Hope there will be more progression this week!

Edited by ling3bzr

i also purchased a Electrolux 9Kg Inverter Washing Machine over the weekend. Never used Electrolux before. Hope is good!

Model: EWF12942

90FD0259-0113-487F-AC03-FD6EDBA7DFC5.png

5A6468E2-8264-4D01-A24F-F6E4EF156FFE.png

Edited by ling3bzr

Size can be customised to the length you want. But for L shape recommend is at least 2.4m

My sofa is 2.5m and fabric. They have alot of fabric to choose from also!

I got it at modern living at parkmall

Ooo ok. Thanks! I can go to the one at imm this weekend.

Anyway I see a step down in ur toilet. Do u know if it is legal?

I'm using an Electrolux at my parents' home - love it! Esp the Time Manager function that allows me to select the duration of wash, especially when i'm in a hurry. i bought an Electrolux for my new place too.

Hope you'll love it too!

i also purchased a Electrolux 9Kg Inverter Washing Machine over the weekend. Never used Electrolux before. Hope is good!
Model: EWF12942

90FD0259-0113-487F-AC03-FD6EDBA7DFC5.png
5A6468E2-8264-4D01-A24F-F6E4EF156FFE.png

Ooo ok. Thanks! I can go to the one at imm this weekend.

Anyway I see a step down in ur toilet. Do u know if it is legal?

Mine is old flat and last time used to be squatting kind? So that's why there's a step down

Is there a modern living at IMM? not very sure. But they are at the expo home furnishing now. I tested a few sofas and some not very comfy due to the backing or too Low and lack the neck support. This is one of the more comfy one (not the most comfy) and still fit my Budget.

Do note that the sofa is <$2000. If anybody quote you more than $2k, you can say u saw someone online posted cheaper.

Good luck!

Edited by ling3bzr

Flooring time and I cannot decide

Krono Original VS evorich

This is under krono original which has a more natural look

6A71DA80-B93B-4103-8A2E-8C7ACF1726D1.jpg

And this is under evorich which has a more clean look

A9DADF39-AC79-4183-B598-D4B2810B548A.jpg

Any advise?

Edited by ling3bzr

Flooring time and I cannot decide

Krono Original VS evorich

This is under krono original which has a more natural look

6A71DA80-B93B-4103-8A2E-8C7ACF1726D1.jpg

And this is under evorich which has a more clean look

A9DADF39-AC79-4183-B598-D4B2810B548A.jpg

Any advise?

if i did not remember wrongly, krono comes from germany. based on the pictures, i hope that the entire strip of vinyl is not repetitive. otherwise you will end up with an "all too natural" flooring. the person laying the vinyl flooring for you also needs to have some sense so that the natural strips are not too much or overwhelming. fyi, there is also another brand called kronotex.

for evorich flooring, there is some texture for the flooring. so you might want to consider if you like smooth flooring or you like textured flooring. I am not sure if evorich has smooth vinyl flooring. but i have not heard complains about evorich as yet. they are indeed one of the biggest vinyl flooring providers locally.

during my search for vinyl flooring, i considered the 2 brands you have mentioned and also inovar flooring. based on my understanding, inovar has both textured and smooth vinyl and have similar colors for both sets. the salesperson who met me was actually more convincing and really managed to sell me their flooring. like sold in europe, healthier, etc. Vinyl flooring is essentially rubber which emits some kind of chemicals and inovar sells itself as being the one with the least emission gas. i cannot remember exact what is the standards but apparently its better than evorich. but its not significant. pricing wise, also comparable to evorich. they even got a phone app for you to check if your flooring is compatible with your skirting or room.

anyway, in the end, I did not get flooring from any of these companies despite my extensive research. there are many different vinyl flooring and i have come to accept that they are in essence all the same. why should i be paying for more for companies that do more marketing when essentially, vinyl flooring is still vinyl flooring. if really so harmful, then cannot sell in sg already. just my 2 cents though. haha

Edited by hc28

Wow! That's good info for the blur blur consumers like me.

I heard vinyl is "poisonous" and one of the ID i consulted said she don't do vinyl cuz of the harmful glue used. She quoted that we sleep in air con with windows closed and for 8hrs we'll be sniffing in all the harmful gas which may cause cancer. Not sure how true but I agree with you if really so harmful sure cannot sell in SG.

I quite like Krono and having same concern it will be too raw due to the "eye" design. Evorich seems to be popular among many and have strong branding.

Sigh..

Based on my understanding, there is no glue required at installation. The harmful gases are emitted from the vinyl itself which are at safe levels. Vinyl flooring employs a clip on locking system which locks the vinyl into place and you can replace only the strips that are damaged or discoloured in the event that replacement is required. There is no need to strip the entire flooring just to replace one strip of vinyl.

Some vinyl floorings employ the "older" in out method which is basically a male and female connection and is held in place by the walls of the room or a stopper at the edge. Again, there is a choice to only replace any particular strip of vinyl.

You might want to consider vinyls that are sold in Europe as I am told that emissions standards in the EU are far stricter than local standards.

Hardness and thickness of the vinyls should also play a part in your overall consideration. They are not the same and there is a standard to measure the hardness of the vinyl flooring.

I am also told that the reason why evorich is so popular is because of its aggressive marketing which in turn translates into the premium that you will pay for its branding.

Krono is relatively unknown in the local consumer market. While inovar focuses on large scale commercial and industrial projects. They are just starting to break into the direct consumer market.

What I think is most important though, is to get what you like in terms of design, quality and texture. It is afterall for your home. Lol

flooring all done!

Initial choice was this light wood Colour

56775687-8999-47B8-8577-A246BC1582F0.jpg

I was abit worried about the grains and knots being too overwhelming as my living and 3 bedrooms will have the same vinyl for a more minimalist look. This Colour was also the initial 3D look given to us. Somehow there was a nagging feeling that I'll get sick of the flooring soon and it don't feel right.

ID somehow could sense it and showed me this

D3821A7A-5639-489C-B135-EBD78F62C1D4.jpg

It's a more neutral Colour, towards white. Whitish flooring Cannot go wrong right? Was worried about stains tho. ID assured me and asked I go for this instead since I was contemplating much for the initial choice.

The sight that greeted when on a Saturday!

FF42DC7D-F9BF-470E-B1A3-9BBE57BD1F14.jpg

I'm so glad I went for this Colour! The house looks more spacious and indeed minimalist!

Hello new flooring!

72C139CE-A807-4A6A-88CD-C4DE15A39B8E.jpg