Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ccting

Resale Reno On Budget - Scandinavian Inspired

Oh I see, thank you all for your enlightenment :good:

I am open to options.. budget is our main concern.. how much does it cost to change the piping and relocate the toilet bowl?

I am thinking of space planning and see if i can fit everything in without changing the pipes :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh I see, thank you all for your enlightenment :good:

I am open to options.. budget is our main concern.. how much does it cost to change the piping and relocate the toilet bowl?

I am thinking of space planning and see if i can fit everything in without changing the pipes :notti:

My id charge me 200 for the additonal work and pvc pipe. The p tray toilet bowl i pay 650. The erect low wall to hide the pvc piping is 400 with tiles ;)

did some intensive research today..

some possible layout or adjustment...

gallery_71054_897_36349.jpg

gallery_71054_897_27256.jpg

install a flexi swing door which can act as a shower screen?

gallery_71054_897_13398.jpg

see if the corner is spacious enough for a shower screen? maybe make the toilet door smaller since i am using a bi-fold door..

worse come to worst

gallery_71054_897_33972.jpg

at least the layout is neater, no messy piping running around..

any other ideas? :dunno:

Edited by ccting

It has been some time since blog...

in less than one week, we are going to get the keys for the house..

some updates here... actually quite a bit of updates :D

1. Chosen N from Renoguyz as our renovator

To be frank, it is really hard to choose between N and V (from V'Image) as both offer very competitive price and they are known to me for their good workmanship. In the end, we chose N as his quote is the lowest with plumbing and electrical works all inclusive. We think it is better to get one person to settle all, easier for us to liaise with one.

2. Chosen tiles from Hafary

we thought choosing of tiles will be a simple and fast process, but we were totally wrong. we totally underestimated the process.

glossy versus matte tiles for living room

my Mr and I spent quite a bit of time to discuss whether we should have matte or glossy tiles. Living and dining area is the largest area of the house, making a careful decision is very crucial...

my Mr preferred glossy tiles as it looks more classy and reflect light, so the whole house will look brighter. he thinks that it is easier to maintain glossy tiles as it will not trap dust and any stain can be easily wipe off. however the downsides of glossy tiles are (1) that it is very slippery when wet, (2) watermarks or stain easily noticeable (3) squeaky feel and our skin will 'stick' to the floor...

I preferred matte tiles as i like the feel, not so squeaky and sticky feel. Also, it is not so slippery when wet, watermarks or stain is less noticeable. The downside is that cleaning might be tedious as it might trap more dust as compared to glossy tiles..

Also, i would prefer a whitish-coloured homogeneous tiles as the whole house will look brighter... but the maintenance side will be more difficult as any dust, hair or dirt will be easily noticeable. but my Mr is very concerned about the cleaning part...

My ID and his assistant also don't seem in favour of a white matte tile, since our walls are going to be painted white too. My ID said picking that will look like a HDB supplied BTO flooring. My ID took 3 steps backward when I was looking at the white tile, giving that horrified look :jawdrop: . My Mr thinks that he trusted the ID more than me :~ and he feels the same as them. They all think that since we are paying for the tiles, we should get something different...

so in the end... we chose..

gallery_71054_897_130675.jpg

the tiles look slightly greyish, but definitely lighter than concrete screed.

gallery_71054_897_12693.jpg

probably, it will look like this... but more greyish... so hopefully, maintenance is easy and the house will still look bright.

As for the selection of tiles for toilet, it was much easier as we are clearer of what we wanted...

we chose...

gallery_71054_897_769109.jpg

the whitish wooden grain look tiles as wall tiles and the greyish black as floor tiles

so this sums up our tile selection... tadah...

gallery_71054_897_192516.jpg

stay tune for more frequent updates :yeah:

--

Edited by ccting

Time flies, haha early grats to getting your house keys. My renovation also coming to an end and officially moving in next week.

congrats to you too!!! having a place to call home is great!! I'm just starting my reno journey, shopping for bargains here and there...

Nick seems like a great choice!

I didn't go for him cus his character a bit clashing with mine but can tell he is quite meticulous and has design sense! :)

All the best on this journey!!

Nick seems like a great choice!

I didn't go for him cus his character a bit clashing with mine but can tell he is quite meticulous and has design sense! :)

All the best on this journey!!

haha, thank you!!! btw I read your blog too :)

just to share...

1. To allow the reno to start asap, especially for resale owners, we have to let the existing owner sign the indemnity form :deal: . This indemnity form is to allow us to start apply for permit to hack the wall and floor, which will take another 1-2 weeks for approval. By then, we should have gotten the keys for the house...HAHAHAHA..

As the reno will take about 8 weeks, and taking into account of the Christmas and New year holidays and that the 8th week is close to CNY, we have to start reno latest by late nov... It's not that I'm rushing to not in... but the reno sector will have a one month holiday during the CNY period... I do not want to reno project to pause for one month... so have to do some forward planning ... :D

2. went to JB for their furniture, anyway we stay at woodlands... haha... so going to jb is nearer to going to town ... and a big plus point is the exchange rate :notti:

tadah

gallery_71054_897_10848.jpg

this is not only a furniture fair, but there's some reno companies and reno related items. To be frank, the selection of furniture is not that wide enough... BUT i managed to find this! :good:

gallery_71054_897_386957.jpg

gallery_71054_897_227072.jpg

Guess how much I paid for 145cm x 85 cm dining table and 6 chairs??? it's RM1599 + (RM 300 for delivery charge and tax)... about SGD $633... 真是省省省!!:dancingqueen: the closest we seen in SG is a Mondi set with 4 chairs (see star living) and the set costs $799...

the sales person said that we have to pay full before the delivery (probably late Jan 2016)... we are abit worried that what if the goods don't reach us... haha... but we still pay full lah... we don't want to cab down to their shop to pay the remaining sum...

Edited by ccting

Let me share 2 pieces of GOOD news :dancingqueen:

1. After 3 months of waiting... tomorrow is the big day!!! my Mr and I will officially be home owners!! getting the keys tomorrow.. so happy :sport-smiley-018:

2. Remember I mentioned that we bought our dining set in JB furniture fair... what was beyond our expectation was that we won the LUCKY DRAW :yeah: and we won a single size mattress... just nice to put in guest room... but thinking of how to bring the mattress out.. will go in to JB to see how first.. at the same time, can look for lightings, sofa and fan in JB :sport-smiley-004:

we will upload the photos of the vacant house asap ... :seeya: ...

We have collect the keys!! without further ado, pic first!! :dancingqueen:

the living room

gallery_71054_897_597578.jpg

gallery_71054_897_478578.jpg

encountering some technical prob.. haha.. more coming up soon....

Edited by ccting

Let me share 2 pieces of GOOD news :dancingqueen:

2. Remember I mentioned that we bought our dining set in JB furniture fair... what was beyond our expectation was that we won the LUCKY DRAW :yeah: and we won a single size mattress... just nice to put in guest room... but thinking of how to bring the mattress out.. will go in to JB to see how first.. at the same time, can look for lightings, sofa and fan in JB :sport-smiley-004:

Congrats! Maybe that is a ploy to get you to go back to buy more?

Congrats! Maybe that is a ploy to get you to go back to buy more?

haha... maybe... or maybe not... the person who called is from the furniture organizing committee..and our names are published on the furniture fair's FB... we are not collecting the mattress from any of the shops.. so shld be ok... hahaha..

Edited by ccting

i have fixed the technical issue part... hahaha.. :thumbs up:

time to upload pic again...

let me show off my huge living room and dining area.. haha..

gallery_71054_897_380460.jpg

the kitchen

gallery_71054_897_354164.jpg

gallery_71054_897_170135.jpg

looking out from the kitchen.. the existing dining area is supposingly the study room..

gallery_71054_897_716818.jpg

the very headache toilet layout which i have shared earlier

gallery_71054_897_486178.jpg

the almost identical twins... haha... the 2 common rooms

gallery_71054_897_177517.jpg

gallery_71054_897_370813.jpg