Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

I think my problem is that I want to break away from traditional lighting ie round ceiling lights with casing. And viewing all those homes on Pinterest, Houzz etc, I did not take into account that in order for picture perfect homes, concealed wiring is normally used. I was adamant not to have false ceiling and the ext available method is to dig tunnels in the walls for concealment, which not only cost a bomb but also show that I did not do enough honework so that I can cater for this during hacking and masonry. To dig a tunnel now... my heart shudders. I also bought more decor lightings which I cant see how bright/coverage it will have. Another consequence of not doing enough home work. Will try to savage whatever I can for now. *fingers crossed*

Actually, the digging of the trench for the concealed wiring is normally done by the electrician during electrical works (often after the walls are completed), and not by the worker during the hacking. So, you may still be in time, provided of course they are allowed.

There are also a number of disadvantages to concealed wiring. First, whenever you want to drill into the wall (e.g. to hang a painting), you always have to check whether there is concealed wiring underneath. Otherwise, if you drill into the wires, serious trouble. Secondly, if there is a problem with the circuit, it is difficult to troubleshoot with concealed wiring. With exposed wiring (in conduits), you can see where they are, and you can easily rip them off and replace them.

Another method of concealing the wires is to run them behind cornices, cabinets etc. In some cases (for example, the store is next to your hall), you may be able to drill a hole in the wall, run the wire along the wall of the store and then run the wire out again at the appropriate location in the hall. I used to do this for my room aircon. I ran the trunking into the toilet and along the toilet wall, instead of the room wall.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had purchase two pcs of ixix yesterday and there is only 3 price there. $178,$220, and the highest is $320 included gst and free delivery above $300.

Hi there,

what model for $178 and 220?

I am also looking for WC. how much they charge for dismantle/install?

Yes, concealed wiring is against regulations, no doubt about it.

But sub rules applies = Only illegal when caught.

I bet may homes has concealed wiring here and there. Likewise the requirement fire rated doors.

D+26: Aircon and electric wiring

9hjbkn.jpg

Bedroom where the compressor is..

28rp2sp.jpg

Living room... I actually decided on a system 3 but due to the tricky trunking, last min decided to minus one aircon.

4sl111.jpg

The water output from compressor needs to go through kitchen to toilet... not sure if I can box this up, if not then have to live with it...

50329k.jpg

Work in progress...

Fatcat! I am also in the midst of aircon installation and all the wiring for power/ light points. . My aircon installer ran the water drainage hose to the kitchen basin drainage hole instead of toilet as way too long.

Honestly all the trunking gave me the shudders

Ya! Shudders max... that's why I gave up one at the last min... hope yours go well!

Fatcat! I am also in the midst of aircon installation and all the wiring for power/ light points. . My aircon installer ran the water drainage hose to the kitchen basin drainage hole instead of toilet as way too long.

Honestly all the trunking gave me the shudders

Hi LfCat! The compressor trunking in your bedroom is sooo neatly done! Mine was a nightmare -- the bunch of pipes was so gianormous that my carpenter had to practically create a huge "BOX" below my window sill! An eyesore! When I asked the aircon contractor he said that was the only way to do it! I wish I saw your entry earlier....*cries* :~:~

D+26: Aircon and electric wiring
9hjbkn.jpg
Bedroom where the compressor is..

28rp2sp.jpg
Living room... I actually decided on a system 3 but due to the tricky trunking, last min decided to minus one aircon.

4sl111.jpg
The water output from compressor needs to go through kitchen to toilet... not sure if I can box this up, if not then have to live with it...

50329k.jpg
Work in progress...

Hi Arturobinewski, mine looks neat cos I sacrificed location of aircon. If I stick to the normal route, I'm sure my bunch of pipes also will be big and ugly..

You never post the picture of your 'box'? Maybe can paint it in a pop colour, DIY some and transform it as part of your decor?!

Hi LfCat! The compressor trunking in your bedroom is sooo neatly done! Mine was a nightmare -- the bunch of pipes was so gianormous that my carpenter had to practically create a huge "BOX" below my window sill! An eyesore! When I asked the aircon contractor he said that was the only way to do it! I wish I saw your entry earlier....*cries* :~:~

Hi Arturobinewski, mine looks neat cos I sacrificed location of aircon. If I stick to the normal route, I'm sure my bunch of pipes also will be big and ugly..

You never post the picture of your 'box'? Maybe can paint it in a pop colour, DIY some and transform it as part of your decor?!

Just curious fatcat, where's the location of your aircon now? I didn't know that by shifting the position it'll help with the piping..

Here's a picture of the stupid box - see! So clunky I wanna die:

wXmtSz.jpg

I do not understand at all why you need this huge box. At most, you just need to box up the trunking, but the trunking is not that big. what is inside??? Do you have a picture showing the contents of the box?

Can you take a bigger picture of the wall showing the aircon blower and the trunking?

Edited by Ks Toh

You can't have full length curtain with that thick box below the window!

Perhaps you can consider doing some storage solution next to the white box to make it look like a long stretch of storage area under the window. Wont be such an eyesore

I do not understand at all why you need this huge box. At most, you just need to box up the trunking, but the trunking is not that big. what is inside??? Do you have a picture showing the contents of the box?

Can you take a bigger picture of the wall showing the aircon blower and the trunking?

Hi Ks

Have - it's Medusa's head inside! see here, aircon guy's handiwork -

FH8QbN.jpg

You can't have full length curtain with that thick box below the window!

Perhaps you can consider doing some storage solution next to the white box to make it look like a long stretch of storage area under the window. Wont be such an eyesore

I'm doing aluminium blinds so I guess that's lucky... aiya.. Hopefully my cats will want to use it as a look out post... :( The poor things don't have many windows to look out of unfortunately...

I think the painted trunking on the right of the picture is also aircon trunking. It should be possible to lower the pipes to the same height (i.e. just above the ground) so at most you end up with a much reduced __| box that hugs the edge?