Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Finally decided to unwrap my console, armed with a claw hammer... dun have crowbar though..

a5bypu.jpg

Took some time mais voila! Now I need some convincing why I need a man at home... hahaha

Here it goes! Pardon the mess...

2eyffb6.jpg

Looks so elegant! I had the contractors saw the crates off for me... didn't even have to lift a finger...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone doing pole system for wardrobe?? Lobang?

All my wardrobes are pole system from OPSH. I find pole system very practical as the wardrobe space is all the way to the back wall and the concrete ceiling.

Thanks KS. Any reason why you chose OPSH rather than XIMULA / ALUMIX? I went to check out Ximula but not OPSH yet..

All my wardrobes are pole system from OPSH. I find pole system very practical as the wardrobe space is all the way to the back wall and the concrete ceiling.

It was my better half who chose. I am not aware of Ximula or Alumix. I am not sure but I think OPSH is the only company able to do really clear crystal glass finishing for the doors? Those done by other companies end up with some greenish tinge. This is what I recall.

Edited by Ks Toh

Aircon is up too! The way they put the compressor, really dun dare to see.. it's a dangerous job.

Curious, they just placed the compressor onto the steel rack, no screwing required. Is that the norm?

Mine are also not screwed. I assume that is the norm.

Finally decided to unwrap my console, armed with a claw hammer... dun have crowbar though..

Took some time mais voila! Now I need some convincing why I need a man at home... hahaha

Don't need a man in the house...but we would still need a strong girlfriend who's handy with claw hammers hehe! :P

D+50:

I have a door!

dddq3d.jpg

Platform is done

2cwk20m.jpg

Chute cover is done. And is handle-less while the rest of my cupboard doors are with handles. Dunno what to say about them. Totally no pride in their work.

2jfhbc.jpg

Looks like it has 45degree cut at the top of the door? My wardrobe doors are like this. All no handles for clean flush look.

Hahaha! Come, I can teach your gf to be handy with claw hammer and drill.. 😜

Don't need a man in the house...but we would still need a strong girlfriend who's handy with claw hammers hehe! :P

Yes, but I'm not a fan. Imagine if your hands are wet with marinade n you need to get something from the cupboard...

I just dun get why the carpenters can't achieve a standard look..

Looks like it has 45degree cut at the top of the door? My wardrobe doors are like this. All no handles for clean flush look.

D+52: some touching ups

dlte3a.jpg

Light blue water pipes...

fnbksh.jpg

Kitchen feature wall painted, pending the gas pipe. Black or same as wall?

2vct26p.jpg

Living room feature wall painted too..

2utooed.jpg

Bedroom...

That's all for now!

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Hi Lazyfatcat007, I came across your T-Blog today and read through the 9 pages of sharing experience. I am also doing the reno for my flat. Mine started in December 2015 and expected to be completed by end of next month. Hoping that the ID can complete sooner. So far, the wall tiles are not completed yet for kitchen and 2 toilets and ID said that floor tiles will start only when the wall tiles are completed.

I noticed that a few forumers commented that certain brand/model of WC do not have strong flush. How can I test this? The shops I visited for WC shopping mentioned that all their models are the same and only difference is in the design. So far, I am only doing the sit testing to see if I feel comfortable.

Is your electrician from your ID? Does he do freelance work? Is his work of good quality? If yes, can you PM his contact?

Thanks.

I noticed that a few forumers commented that certain brand/model of WC do not have strong flush. How can I test this? The shops I visited for WC shopping mentioned that all their models are the same and only difference is in the design. So far, I am only doing the sit testing to see if I feel comfortable.

The design makes a difference to the way the water flushes. It is not possible to test. Most shops do not have their WCs connected to a working flush system. The only shop that I know does this is Fullsun at Jalan Besar but they sell mainly Toto WCs. Even then, it is flushing only water so you still cannot really test.

I guess the only way is to do some research on feedback by users. So far, I read from forum users who comment that they are referring to only one particular brand or model. I guess to be safe, you can avoid that. There is also some kind of USA test website that one forum user referred to but I am not sure how to use it. I could not find my model listed.

Hi BubblyBee, thanks for dropping by. For the toilet flushing, like what KS said, there's no way to try it at the shops. All I have learnt is by the seniors' sharing and subsequently using the product and giving feedback. That's what the forum is for :) You can try getting the not so water-saving ones, which is almost equivalent to the ones with more powerful flushes. Try asking the shop staff as well.

My electrician is from my ID, not sure if he does freelance, will check with him. His work is not too bad, nothing that

I wanna grumble about till date. Have fun with your reno!!

Hi Lazyfatcat007, I came across your T-Blog today and read through the 9 pages of sharing experience. I am also doing the reno for my flat. Mine started in December 2015 and expected to be completed by end of next month. Hoping that the ID can complete sooner. So far, the wall tiles are not completed yet for kitchen and 2 toilets and ID said that floor tiles will start only when the wall tiles are completed.

Is your electrician from your ID? Does he do freelance work? Is his work of good quality? If yes, can you PM his contact?

Thanks.

Thought it was a warped wall but turned out to be crooked painting..think can asked them to redo as shouldn't too difficult

Edited by Luxexplorer