Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Has anyone installed a security system for their home? Cisco quoted $9K for our house!

Any recommendations or advice appreciated.

gosh! so ex?!?!

i have one of my fren selling security system too~

but not adt or cisco..

its a local brand called anjels..

they dun have monthly payment and can eliminates lots of false alarm..

i believe it is trustable because it is supported by EDB govt.. so more trust? haha

actually no harm listening to it..even if ya have existing security sys or looking for one... heeheex

if you interested..i can tell ya more? or get her to tell ya?

=D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

waliew, you just need to cover your ground floor lah. is yours semi-D or bungalow? or those terrace house? if terrace house then too bad, must cover all liao lor.

for cisco system will they sent someone to the house if the alarm is triggers? or is thst mthly service that needed integration to their network that can be included? Thanks.

:(

Ours is a 3.5 storey house. The quote includes wireless sensors, magnetic door contacts and an autowatch light system. The killers are the installation of the controller and the wiring.

What company did you use Archer? What are the essential installations? The autowatch light system is more a deterrent and can potentially be a nuisance.

Thanks for sharing useful information with you. The security System is must for our house being a homeowner, it is important to protect our family and living space with proper house security. These days, danger can come at us fast and in the event of an emergency, time is critical for the necessary help to arrive, which is why CPI Security has the fastest response time in the house security industry. CPI focuses on all details when designing quality house security alarm systems.

Edited by PepperSprayKing

Thanks for sharing useful information with you. The security System is must for our house being a homeowner, it is important to protect our family and living space with proper house security. These days, danger can come at us fast and in the event of an emergency, time is critical for the necessary help to arrive, which is why CPI Security has the fastest response time in the house security industry. CPI focuses on all details when designing quality house security alarm systems.

Can you actually give stats on private house break ins? I have not seen anything on landed homes being broken-into in the papers for many years, Singapore is actually very safe. The way you post is like break ins in private property in SG is a daily affair, you selling something?

Actually a simple good motion detector at all major entry points hooked up to lights to a loud siren with security stickers in Singapore would virtually make your landed home a fortress.

Edited by xebay11

I reckon one the best local security system for residential purposes

is jin jin alarm.

Anyone came across them? http://www.jinjinalarm.com.sg

Their salesperson and technicians are friendly yet professional. What

impressed me was their service and punctuality. Cisco's sales personnel was

late for one of the appointments and no-showed for another. That did leave

a bad impression on me.

My house in sembawang was recently installed by jin jin and the work done is

fantastic. We have only had 2 false alarm due to negligence. Even at 2.30am

in the morning their staff contacted me within a minute upon the alarm going

off. Very efficient I must say.

The only downside was spending a little more for their services. Nonetheless

I felt the money was well spent judging from the sense of security my family

now has.

Anyone share the similar experience?

It is a norm that all alarm monitoring company will contact you if the alarm triggered off. Because you pay for the service monthly.

Please take note:

Once you discontinue the service after the contract (say may be 24 months), the equipment should not be removed. Please read the contract before sign up or check with the sales person. Otherwise, there will be one spot here and there. Your house will not look nice. Or at least state in the contract that the alarm panel and its accessories should not remove after xx months. Else they have to patch back to original condition.

I reckon one the best local security system for residential purposes

is jin jin alarm.

Anyone came across them? http://www.jinjinalarm.com.sg

Their salesperson and technicians are friendly yet professional. What

impressed me was their service and punctuality. Cisco's sales personnel was

late for one of the appointments and no-showed for another. That did leave

a bad impression on me.

My house in sembawang was recently installed by jin jin and the work done is

fantastic. We have only had 2 false alarm due to negligence. Even at 2.30am

in the morning their staff contacted me within a minute upon the alarm going

off. Very efficient I must say.

The only downside was spending a little more for their services. Nonetheless

I felt the money was well spent judging from the sense of security my family

now has.

Anyone share the similar experience?

Create a new nick just to promote your own company? Shameless

Well, whether to call or not just based on a company's name ... everyone has their own comfort level. Some may not be able to get over the company's name, so don't call. Others may want to find out more about their experience, and so contact them. My view is that for those homeowners that are interested in a central monitoring service, there are just a handful of such companies around only. So no harm contacting them all and getting proposals and quotes from all. That can only be good for the buyer, isn't it?

I have heard people going for cheap brands. The good thing is it is cheap, the bad thing is the thing might not work immediately and requires few visits to fix it up. Cheap package usually will have their products made in China and you know the quality of such products. Just need to monitor the lifespan of the products when you install them. Reputable company is that they wont close down and service standard is there. Products tends to be of better quality. Try to do some reading up on security products like http://homesecuritysystemscentre.com/ etc. Technology has evolved along the time for security system.

Got mine from ADT.

At least it is a recognised name and potential theives can recognize it ;)

No one will call them lah..ah tiong company name, see already also wonder if reliable.

Hi, may I add in that your comment is real classy.

I was initially looking at landscaping for opinions on my indoor garden when

I came across this post.

I currently have a quote from this abovementioned company, Jin Jin Alarm.

Have been spending the past few days talking to the salesperson and

reviewing their products. Their pricy cost is a downer, however, I am

still seriously considering because of their exclusive service.

Apparently, you compared to their staff is practically the epitome of

an "ah tiong".

I did not have to create an account and make this post, but due to the nature

of my job, I am unable to tolerate unjustifiable claims and this just hit my spot.

Why are you badmouthing a company when you have no idea what they are about?

I have seen so many people lose their staff, businesses, friends and family because

of such childish behaviour.

It's people like you who make Singaporeans look bad.

My 2c.

Cherlene

Yo people. Cool down.

Btw, would you need a security system if you live in a condo? Or it is the responsibility of the condo manager? Because I think there's some older condos that don't have alarms. Not sure.

Hi, may I add in that your comment is real classy.

I was initially looking at landscaping for opinions on my indoor garden when

I came across this post.

I currently have a quote from this abovementioned company, Jin Jin Alarm.

Have been spending the past few days talking to the salesperson and

reviewing their products. Their pricy cost is a downer, however, I am

still seriously considering because of their exclusive service.

Apparently, you compared to their staff is practically the epitome of

an "ah tiong".

I did not have to create an account and make this post, but due to the nature

of my job, I am unable to tolerate unjustifiable claims and this just hit my spot.

Why are you badmouthing a company when you have no idea what they are about?

I have seen so many people lose their staff, businesses, friends and family because

of such childish behaviour.

It's people like you who make Singaporeans look bad.

My 2c.

Cherlene

Did i say that Singaporeans are good people? Never right. Did i say Ah Tiongs are bad and using the term Ah Tiong = badmouthing the company? Never also right. U mean u never use the term Abu Neh Neh or Maria or Meena in your life before meh?

Yes it's a childish term but did i say i'm an adult? Never also right...SJB!

But then again, if i'm like u so free to pinpoint at others lingo then also good lah means i got alot of time and energy can be tai tai already.

Did i say that Singaporeans are good people? Never right. Did i say Ah Tiongs are bad and using the term Ah Tiong = badmouthing the company? Never also right. U mean u never use the term Abu Neh Neh or Maria or Meena in your life before meh?

Yes it's a childish term but did i say i'm an adult? Never also right...SJB!

But then again, if i'm like u so free to pinpoint at others lingo then also good lah means i got alot of time and energy can be tai tai already.

It is amazing to see people registering just to defend themselves or to promote themselves shamelessly.

Good samaritian....my balls.

No point speaking to such troll