Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi dear formers,

I'm wishing to seek advice on my new 4-room BTO (93sqm) simple renovation quote.

WET WORKS

1. To supply and construct window opening between living and kitchen wall incl. make good - $950

2. Solid surface for new window opening work top - $350

ALUMINIUM WORKS

1. Bronze aluminium tinted glass sliding window for service balcony window opening (3 panel) - $680

2. Bronze aluminium window grilles for whole unit window opening - $820

Exclude service balcony window opening

3. To supply and install 2 sets aluminium PVC bi-fold door - $480

CARPENTRY WORKS

1. To fabricate 2 units of laminated solid plywood kitchen cabinet c/w abs trimming as per design proposed - $2970

2. To supply and install one set S.S dish dryer - $150

3. To supply and install drawer soft close and soft close door hinges - $280

4. Solid surface for kitchen cabinet work top - $910

PLUMBING WORKS

1. To supply labour and materials to connect PUB gas heater piping from service balcony to common bathroom - $350

2. To supply and install one set single bowl kitchen sink c/w mixer tap - $480

ELECTRICAL WORKS

1. To supply labour to shift 13amp socket and install switches for cooker hood and oven - $280

TOTAL: $8700

Is the above reasonable?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am looking for a trustworthy ID too. What I find might be a issue to this quote is :To fabricate 2 units of laminated solid plywood kitchen cabinet c/w abs trimming as per design proposed - $2970, the length is not being identify. If the quote is for 10 feet then its actually quite expensive, if thats for 20 feet, then its actually a good deal I suppose.

Edited by princcessjia

Ah... I see... I guess it's because the contractor has viewed my place and has been informed of what I want. Maybe that's why.

It would be about 16 feet in total. So that should be reasonable I suppose?

Oh dear... Then how? :/

Not that I've made any payments yet but I guess I have received even higher quotation before and this seems the lowest.

Got lobang to recommend? :P

You can try those IDs along Balestier road, their price are generally market range and quite reasonable. I have not yet found an ID that I really trust or the price is really cheap, still trying to find one.BTW after asking for 5-6 quotes, I feel that those IDs online usually quote higher compare to those with a proper physical shop.

Bro,

what princessjia say is correct.

U can try those balestier ones too.

But I realise the smaller n altas the ids firm, the higher the prices is. This is what I found out after talking to a few altas coy where else the bigger ones are average price. If the firms have very nice designs for u, even higher. I got 1 they charge 2.5k for designing fees if u do not let them renovate. Look around more. Cheers!

I was recently doing my renovation and found a brochure at acacia breeze yishun when I went for my frens house warming by a renovation contractor for bto giving out 20ft kitchen cabinet + top for $3999 and the place I went for house warming is done by them. handicraft good and all equip with soft closing and anti slam drawer and come with dish rack etc. pm me if u need the contact.

I was recently doing my renovation and found a brochure at acacia breeze yishun when I went for my frens house warming by a renovation contractor for bto giving out 20ft kitchen cabinet + top for $3999 and the place I went for house warming is done by them. handicraft good and all equip with soft closing and anti slam drawer and come with dish rack etc. pm me if u need the contact.

Hey, thanks for the heads up but isn't that much more costlier than my current quote?

Nevertheless, i've just engaged the contractor who quoted me as above peepz!

It's not easy to compare itemized i realize.. It's all about the final figure actually, with them just shifting the numbers around. :/

Hi all,

If you are interested, I can recommend you my friend which is in the ID firm, I could help you get a discounted price. :)

I'm also getting him to help me renovate my new BTO flat and so far so good. Not much hassles and issues. Good patience and provides good advises. I'm quite satisfied with his help and advise.

You might want to try asking him for a quote. Definitely we all want a good deal with good workmanship right? No harm comparing with others and fetch the best out of them.

If interested, pm me for his contact.