Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ec55

Muji - Minimalist - Scandinavian - Resale Condo In Eunos

My wife and I got married in Mar 2015, and while we’ve starting the house hunt since late 2014, we decided not to rush into purchasing the biggest item in our lives before the wedding and took our time to look (and look we did: more than 70 units!). And our hearts finally decided on on a 17 yr old condo in Eunos.
We have benefitted tremendously from all the amazing t-blogs here and I decided to give back to this unique community by sharing our journey of our renovation.
Here’s the floor plan:
This was gotten from our valuer who had it in their database:
gallery_71635_4_665661.png
What we love about the place
1. The layout is nice and square.
2. Ceilings are high
3. Other than 3 rooms, we also have a utility room, and storeroom, and good size service yard + good sized kitchen and good size bathrooms!
However, we soon realised that we have 2 big problem areas (which became an important factor as to the shortlisting process of ID)
1. Main door to living room.
gallery_71635_4_35565.png
The main door is REALLY big, and when it opens, much of the space is wasted. and the space beside it is too small to have a TV console that can house all the equipment I want, and if it’s on the other side, the living room will be super duper tight and cluttered.
2. Kitchen.
gallery_71635_4_27733.png
Fridge placement is tricky.
No easy way to maximise space to create a modern kitchen. If we were to hack, then placing the fridge in the obvious place for good work flow would limit usable space in the kitchen
We've collected our keys in Sept and we have selected our ID. (will share our shortlisting process in a later post)
So begins our journey, but first a quick shoutout to
I have been lurking at your T-blogs forever, and I feel that you guys are like close reno buddies! I’ve learnt tremendously from all of you (esp. Freb)
[Freb: Paiseh, I think my place will look very similar to your mood board, cos it’s too nice! :) and love the Kohler faucet and KDK fan :) Your taste is quite similar to mine.]
So I'll post some more when I have more developments.
Edited by ec55

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

CONTENTS
(Links will be there when the relevant posts are up)

• Contractors and Budget
  • Theme and Highlights
  • Key collection
  • Amazon purchases
  • Furniture
  • Electronics
  • Home Automation
  • Lighting
  • Bathrooms
  • Aircon
  • Sinks
  • Miscellaneous

(I've picked this up from bykaraanne. (Little London) Her T-blog is the easiest to read with these bookmarks)