Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hacking of Wall

Yay the wall is down! :sport-smiley-004: Our ID just took these photos & sent to us ...

gallery_70201_894_67520.jpeg

gallery_70201_894_90411.jpeg

So these 2 weeks will just be laying of living room floor tiles + MBR bathroom wall tiles. Can't wait to see! :)

Does PE certification required for hacking the wall?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Does PE certification required for hacking the wall?

Your contractor/ID need to apply for hacking of wall permit. They will need to submit the floor plan indicating which wall(s) want to be hacked. HDB architect (based on what my HDB customer svc officer said) will then review and once it's approved, they will issue the permit. You can see the permit in "My HDBpage".

Hello Yakult, your TV delivered so early then where do you keep ah? I felt that it's unsafe to keep at the house but I also don't know how

We put it in our current home (in-law's) hahaha. Reason they had to deliver so early was because we bought the display set @ almost 40% off! It's one of the newest model too... so it's a steal.

Ya actually not safe to keep at the house during reno. Other appliances we will arrange for delivery after carpentry is up. I think most big-name shops can hold for 3-6 months after you order.

We put it in our current home (in-law's) hahaha. Reason they had to deliver so early was because we bought the display set @ almost 40% off! It's one of the newest model too... so it's a steal.

Ya actually not safe to keep at the house during reno. Other appliances we will arrange for delivery after carpentry is up. I think most big-name shops can hold for 3-6 months after you order.

Is it HN at millennia???

Why "Timeless Cozy Corner"?

I realized I didn't explain the title of my t-blog right from the beginning. =X

Timeless: As we are unsure how long (or short) will we stay in this 1st home, it's better to go with a design that is timeless... something we won't get sick of seeing after a few years. Modern clean lines with the timeless dark wood as our main materials should never go wrong (i hope).

Cozy: My husband & I loves to unwind at the end of the day watching sitcom or a nice movie... so creating a home with cozy ambiance (plus some aroma diffuser) is what we are looking into~ :rolleyes:

Corner: Our unit is located at the corner of the block... that's about it haha.

Cause HN now got relocation sale there! You can go check out too!

Tampines courts also got clearance sale now

Thanks for the info!

I love how your bathroom tiles look! Really classy feel.

And oh, if you're looking g for sofas.. try htl sofa outlet. I got mine there, super comfy and huge!

Thank you for your reassurance! I was having doubts on whether we chose the right tiles because it's not completed when i last saw it and I felt it's not as nice as i thought. >< Hope it will be great after everything is done up! :D

And thanks for the recommendation! HTL prices look good eh. Any idea they have any other outlet beside the one at Gul area?

Mr. B (our ID) is back from his holiday! So he sent us many photos :D However, it's still much in progress hence i shall not post up all the messy photos. Here are some of the things done till date...

• Living Room: Tiling + grouting 70% done
  • Kitchen: Cabinets concrete base on both sides done. Hacked wall made good. :good:
  • MBR Bath: Wall tiles and shower kerb completed.
  • Common Bath: Shower kerb completed.

Citygas is going to install piping today. Hence Mr. B is there now to take care of it.

Tomorrow GC will come to do aircon piping installation for the wholeee dayyy. Just wondering... when they do the installation, do you guys stay there throughout till it's completed? Or can leave halfway and come back later? Or don't have to go back at all? :dunno:

Edited by yakult

I stay throughout cause if i see any thing wrong, can tell them on the spot, example they run wrongly the trunking.

Best if your contractor or id is around too. If you are concealing the pipe with false ceiling, a good practice would be to take photo of all the existing trunking location for easy maintenance in the future so that you know where the trucking are installed, only need to pinpoint those affected area instead of tearing down the entire false ceiling :)

For me, I took photo of the entire renovation project starting from day 1, I make an effort to go to the house every day, before work and after work, and took photos of the works done for that day. Below is the example of what i meant.

This is before box up and conceal the trunking, luckily I got take photo because I need to install bind for this room and the curtain guys need to know where they can drill and install the bind, if not they might damage the piping and electrical wiring inside the aircon trunking.

20150923_153118_zpsj1ng0pkc.jpg

This is after the box up of the same location, My ID did not know that I will be putting a bind for the glass panel, and thus he did not place wood inside the ceiling works, with these photos i took, he can easily find an opening and insert the wood inside without guessing where is the previous aircon trucking position was.

20150930_164912_zpsgvfergxi.jpg

I got all the photo starting from Day 1 until now, if next time any defect or issue with the electrical or water piping issue, I can easily refer back to my photos and rectify from there.

I did this all alone as I am single, if you are married, it should be easier for husband and wife to help each other in this matter. Actually doing a renovation is a good tools for couple to know to understand and appreciate each other, there will sure be a lot of bickering and argument but end of the day, the end products will be worth it. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

I stay throughout cause if i see any thing wrong, can tell them on the spot, example they run wrongly the trunking.

Best if your contractor or id is around too. If you are concealing the pipe with false ceiling, a good practice would be to take photo of all the existing trunking location for easy maintenance in the future so that you know where the trucking are installed, only need to pinpoint those affected area instead of tearing down the entire false ceiling :)

For me, I took photo of the entire renovation project starting from day 1, I make an effort to go to the house every day, before work and after work, and took photos of the works done for that day. Below is the example of what i meant.

This is before box up and conceal the trunking, luckily I got take photo because I need to install bind for this room and the curtain guys need to know where they can drill and install the bind, if not they might damage the piping and electrical wiring inside the aircon trunking.

20150923_153118_zpsj1ng0pkc.jpg

This is after the box up of the same location, My ID did not know that I will be putting a bind for the glass panel, and thus he did not place wood inside the ceiling works, with these photos i took, he can easily find an opening and insert the wood inside without guessing where is the previous aircon trucking position was.

20150930_164912_zpsgvfergxi.jpg

I got all the photo starting from Day 1 until now, if next time any defect or issue with the electrical or water piping issue, I can easily refer back to my photos and rectify from there.

I did this all alone as I am single, if you are married, it should be easier for husband and wife to help each other in this matter. Actually doing a renovation is a good tools for couple to know to understand and appreciate each other, there will sure be a lot of bickering and argument but end of the day, the end products will be worth it. :)

Wow! You really made a lot of effort! :jawdrop: Twice a day... Salute! Maybe when the lightings are up, we can go daily after work. We went there yesterday after work and it's almost 7pm... cannot see anything lol.

Thanks for the great tips of taking photos of the piping before conceal! Our ID will be meeting us together with the aircon people to discuss how the piping should be done etc. But i'm not sure will he stay throughout cos it's a full day's job. Guess my husband & i have to stay there throughout ><"

Edited by yakult

I did not go twice a day. I was referring I go after work if i am working day shift and before work if i am working night shift. I am working on shift works :)

Btw your id/contractor dont need to be there the whole day, they just need to be around to tell the aircon guys where to run the piping and trunking so that they can plan their works/design.

I stay there to make sure that the trunking is properly run based on my id/contractor instruction to the aircon guys :) My id Mr L got other project on hand, so cant expect him to stay throughout the whole day haha.