Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Yakult! Realised our colour theme is really very similar! So exciting to see yours coming together!

Yea! We have quite similar color theme ;) Yours are progressing so fast & well. Looking forward to more photos of yours!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, May i know where did u purchase your bling bling lights? Many thanks

Hello! Bought our bling bling lights from New World Lighting Pte Ltd. It's located at New World Center (1 Jalan Berseh #01-01 & 13). You can look for the sales person called Ah-Yang.

Hello! Bought our bling bling lights from New World Lighting Pte Ltd. It's located at New World Center (1 Jalan Berseh #01-01 & 13). You can look for the sales person called Ah-Yang.

Hi, Many Thanks..

hello , just curious how did u manage to get your 3D drawing from your id ? my id doesnt want to release it to me only can see on the spot 8|

and can i have mr b. contact and company as well ? might consider to change id

hello , just curious how did u manage to get your 3D drawing from your id ? my id doesnt want to release it to me only can see on the spot 8|

and can i have mr b. contact and company as well ? might consider to change id

Hello carbine90!

So sorry to hear that your ID are being so difficult. I think most IDs are willing to send the 3D drawings instead of only showing on the spot... cos if you only see it on the spot, you might not remember the details and what are the things you may want to change. Some IDs very scared that their designs will be "stolen" / copied by others... so they don't want to release it. :dunno:

For mine, before signing contract, we only casually asked will the 3D drawings be sent to us... he said yup. That's all. PM-ed you Mr. B's contact :)

Thank you bykaraanne & Changbp for explaining! :)

Anyway, I've asked le husband to do what he do best - research & read up on all the technical information we need. :good: And ta-dah! He found these in Bosch Manual:

gallery_70201_894_39177.jpeg

gallery_70201_894_40491.jpeg

So we can actually use Circulating-Air Mode -> which don't need to use the vent on top of the hood, so no smelly oily air will go into the cabinets. The air which is drawn in will be filtered & come back out from the same place. To get rid of the odors (back into the kitchen), Activated Charcoal Filter must be installed - which is not included in the hood purchase. This can be bought from Bosch SG website or their authorized dealers. It's S$120/set of Activated Charcoal Filter (Model: DHZ2600). The manual said it should be changed every 4 months. I supposed if we don't cook everyday... it can last longer.

Hi yakult

Just happened to see this post and thought I should clarify in case you make a mistake. Circulating air mode is the mode which everyone uses, save for isolated cases in landed properties where it is possible to vent the exhaust out of the kitchen or house. So almost all kitchen hoods installed (maybe >95%) operate in this manner. Most such hoods will come supplied with charcoal filter. In your case, Bosch sells them separately. Or maybe you chose a model which can also have venting out configuration, in which case the charcoal filter is needed only if you intend to use it in circulation mode. Hence they do not include it as standard item.

But as what Changbp explained, what goes in must come out. There is a need for an opening (at the top of the hood) for the air sucked in (from the bottom) to come out. So, you WILL be using the vent at the top of the hood and you must provide for it.

If the opening is at the protruding portion of the hood, no modification is needed as the air will come out from there. But if the opening is covered by the top cabinet, which looks like the case for your telescopic hood, then as what bykaraanne said, you need to create an opening to let the exhaust out, or just exhaust into some empty space in the cabinets.

Finally, no amount of filters will be able to totally remove the grease. In fact, the charcoal filter removes the odour and not the grease.

If you need more information, you can check my blog. I wrote about it in more detail.

Edited by Ks Toh

Hi yakult

Just happened to see this post and thought I should clarify in case you make a mistake. Circulating air mode is the mode which everyone uses, save for isolated cases in landed properties where it is possible to vent the exhaust out of the kitchen or house. So almost all kitchen hoods installed (maybe >95%) operate in this manner. Most such hoods will come supplied with charcoal filter. In your case, Bosch sells them separately. Or maybe you chose a model which can also have venting out configuration, in which case the charcoal filter is needed only if you intend to use it in circulation mode. Hence they do not include it as standard item.

But as what Changbp explained, what goes in must come out. There is a need for an opening (at the top of the hood) for the air sucked in (from the bottom) to come out. So, you WILL be using the vent at the top of the hood and you must provide for it.

If the opening is at the protruding portion of the hood, no modification is needed as the air will come out from there. But if the opening is covered by the top cabinet, which looks like the case for your telescopic hood, then as what bykaraanne said, you need to create an opening to let the exhaust out, or just exhaust into some empty space in the cabinets (which is not desirable).

Finally, no amount of filters will be able to totally remove the grease. In fact, the charcoal filter removes the odour and not the grease.

If you need more information, you can check my blog. I wrote about it in more detail.

Hi toh! Thanks for the helpful comment!

I've checked with my ID with regards to this and he said there's no issue with the air ventilation. It's not the first time he's installing this slimline hood model...and they didn't encounter any problem. I also checked HoeKee website & they did a clear write up on this. Maybe I'll call up Bosch helpline directly for more info. :) anyway carpentry is already fabricating... Too late to do anything now hahahahaha.

End of Week 7

Went to HoeKee to do a final check on all our purchased items (3 separate invoices! LOL) & make our final payment yesterday.

We made a final change for our common bathroom basin & mixer. Initially we ordered a simple wall hung basin + mixer for common bathroom. But we think it will be better to have some storage at common bathroom...to put detergents etc... So we changed it to a basin with stainless steel cabinet. And... they are having 30% discount for Grohe mixer! How to resist such timely deal? :D So we change our common bathroom mixer to Grohe too :P (same as MBR)

For Reno side, I think our service yard windows are already installed but Mr. B forgot to take photo of it for us. He did took some photos of our WIW gypsum wall. This is the front of the WIW where the door will be:

E4B89394-062F-4DBE-AD31-78A513900E29_zps

1A86F9E9-1D85-4667-8B96-3F92BC539A67_zps

Next week should be more exciting! They will clean up the place, install skirting & all the glass panels in MBR bathroom & kitchen! :D

How much does the bling lights cost? They are flat panel right?

How much does the bling lights cost? They are flat panel right?

Hello! Yup they are all flat LED panel.

As the sales person (Ah-Yang) gave me some discount... i PM you the price k :)

Amazon Wishlist

Some of the items we've shortlisted so far:

41576DBF-409A-4F63-A4E9-D3B1DF00D4CD.png

C657376E-6D56-440F-9C14-57E138EFEE0C.png

E0C54656-37E2-4D45-B466-650F3AF8E3D3.png

DA21011C-E437-44AB-B148-EC204789F341.png

EF3A0860-CF49-46E8-A738-7CFAC953C439.png

Anyone has experience with Crock-Pot to share? Think it's the American equivalent of our asian brands slow cooker... But not sure how good they are for Asian cooking such as soup, porridge & stew.

Noob question: must we press the checkout button at exact stroke of 12am, US time on 27?? :)

I'm still waiting for some prices to drop, to the point to segregating my purchases to around $126 for free shipping... haha!