Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Tinted Bronze Mirror!

At our dining area...

9D045C47-2F12-4B0A-8E44-6CE5119AEC1F_zps

We had a hard time choosing between bronze or black tinted mirror because both looks so nice! But now seeing this... I am so glad we went with bronze tinted as it fit into our overall theme beautifully. Feels so cozy looking at it already! :dancingqueen:

Bedroom Doors!

3E07B5B9-7613-40E6-A4F5-D9A1FD9EDF62_zps

So so so loved our veneer door choice! :wub: :wub:

Edited by yakult

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for the insights! I called Bosch hotline and the CSO said for normal home cooking, their slimline hood won't make the cupboard greasy & smelly. However, the CSO I spoke to doesn't sound very convincing...so I shall take her words 50/50. As it's too late to make any carpentry changes at this stage, we just have to try & see the outcome. If it really cause smell & grease, we shall cover the top opening with aluminum foil ba :P

Toh, the video shows that they did not cut a hole on the cabinet on top of the hood. If my carpenter do the same (no hole, same as the YouTube you shared) then I guess it won't affect the cabinet on top of the hood :)

I did not realise the video is misleading. I think the Australian hood in the video already has a pre-fabricated top portion that leaves a gap between the exhaust vent and the cabinet. Your contractor probably will leave a small gap between the exhaust and the cabinet. There must be a place for the exhaust to go to. If the exhaust is completely sealed, whether because you put it totally flush against a cabinet, or you cover it with a aluminium foil, then I think your hood is as good as not in operation. It will not take in cooking fumes, because the outlet is blocked.

Hi yakult,

We met up with out contractor yesterday and asked him about the B hood and hob (cause we also bought the same ones).

He said that Fujioh's hob (the one at my bf's current place) is much more powerful and thus, that could be why the laminate on top of the hood started to warp slightly. He says B hood will not face such issues as the B hob's flame is not as strong. (I really do not like the Fujioh flame, I feel it is too strong and overtime, burns the sides and handles of the pots)

He assured us that he has done many renos using B hoods. He also mentioned that most contractors will leave a space between the top of the hood and any shelving.

Sooo I think we are both in the clear? (;

Your house is shaping up nicely! Particularly love your toilet wall tiles! May I know how much overlaying that wall cost you? (:

Hi yakult,

We met up with out contractor yesterday and asked him about the B hood and hob (cause we also bought the same ones).

He said that Fujioh's hob (the one at my bf's current place) is much more powerful and thus, that could be why the laminate on top of the hood started to warp slightly. He says B hood will not face such issues as the B hob's flame is not as strong. (I really do not like the Fujioh flame, I feel it is too strong and overtime, burns the sides and handles of the pots)

He assured us that he has done many renos using B hoods. He also mentioned that most contractors will leave a space between the top of the hood and any shelving.

Sooo I think we are both in the clear? (;

Your house is shaping up nicely! Particularly love your toilet wall tiles! May I know how much overlaying that wall cost you? (:

Hi GallopingPuffin,

Phew~~~ Thanks for sharing the info with me about what your contractor shared. That is great news! :yamseng: My ID said it's not the first time they come across this hood... so i guess the carpenters should be familiar. Hope it will turns out great for the both of us! :D

Thank you for the compliments! :sport-smiley-018: The overlaying of MBR bathroom wall tiles cost us S$2.6k :) Your place is progressing fast! I am looking forward to see how your bedroom 3 transform. It's so creative to open up that wall :good:

i advise young couples dun spend too much on renovation. seriously, its after all 99 yr rental. save up bcos if have children also expenses. maybe just do simple one.

Hi Yakult! Looks like your house is progressing nicely :good: Noticed your window grilles are grey in colour! Did you paint them or did they come in this colour?

Hi jobb! Actually it's the usual silver in color. :D Think the photo taken at night made it looks like grey.

Very pretty bathroom wall tiles!! And nice kitchen with see through glass doors. Can't wait to see the carpentry!

Thank you Sunnydays7777 for your kind words~ :rolleyes: I can't wait too! Our ID Mr.B said the carpentry should be able to arrive end of next week! :sport-smiley-004:

i advise young couples dun spend too much on renovation. seriously, its after all 99 yr rental. save up bcos if have children also expenses. maybe just do simple one.

Just do within a person means and do what one can afford. However if one can do nicely a home to be cosy, why not?

Grats yakult your house coming up nicely :)

Just do within a person means and do what one can afford. However if one can do nicely a home to be cosy, why not?

Grats yakult your house coming up nicely :)

Thank you Ahyong81 for the compliment! Can't wait for carpentry to be up :D

Yes i totally agree with you -> to do within our means and what one can afford. Best is to stay debt-free :good:

Edited by yakult

Your please really looking good like, when the carpentry going to be up?

ID said by carpentry should arrive this coming Thursday or Friday! ^.^

End of Week 8 | Start of Week 9

Delivery of HoeKee items on Saturday. Every items are correct :good: However, there are still 2 items pending delivery:

1. Kitchen Sink -> They are supposed to deliver them tomorrow. However, this morning they called and said they received the wrong sink :( I ordered a 700mm sink but they received a 550mm one... :wacko: They have already make arrangement to send the correct sink over via Air instead of sea... so should arrive in 2-3 days. Glad that they are willing to take up the responsibility of their mistake by arranging for Air shipment to deliver the sink to me.
  2. Hood -> I heard Bosch factory has been delaying their shipment of this hood for many times le... and many customers are waiting for this hood too. HoeKee said they had already arranged for air shipment of 100 sets...so will send out to all affected customers once they receive it... probably mid of Dec.

Tomorrow will be the installation of all the bathrooms' vanity sets & accessories! *excited!* :sport-smiley-004: Will be there personally to meet Mr. B and his plumbers to go through where to place each item and to make sure everything is properly aligned (for my OCD side) :P

Photos soon! :D