Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Marble Ledge

Our ID installed marble ledges in both our bathrooms for us! That day when the pieces of marble ledges arrived, I tried to carry it. Oh wow, it's soooo heavy I barely can hold 1 piece properly. Real thick solid marble! :wub:

In MBR bathroom

CE021AC7-CCA7-45EB-A1C4-E6972543D6D5_zps

They are the same size. Photo angle made it look different lol.

In Common bathroom

C1AFC798-5041-49E8-AAAD-8C28F90CBFFB_zps

hihi quick question, did you not do any overlay of tiles? the marble slabs in your toiets are very heavy. how did your contractor install those slabs on?

thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is there a lot of rectifications to be done??

Majority are touch-ups here and there... It seems like our painter is always not doing a good job :( Carpentry need some touch-up on trimmings.

We also just found out last Saturday that a part of our bronze-tinted mirror is chipped-off...think workers knocked it because last time never see it.

hihi quick question, did you not do any overlay of tiles? the marble slabs in your toiets are very heavy. how did your contractor install those slabs on?

thanks!

I'm not sure how they overlay the marble slabs... didn't get a chance to ask our ID on this.

Majority are touch-ups here and there... It seems like our painter is always not doing a good job :( Carpentry need some touch-up on trimmings.

We also just found out last Saturday that a part of our bronze-tinted mirror is chipped-off...think workers knocked it because last time never see it.

Oh man! Hopefully everything goes well! get them to replace the mirror?

I'm not sure how they overlay the marble slabs... didn't get a chance to ask our ID on this.

I can contribute a little on this here, I also installed shampoo slab, I saw tiler cutting a groove into the tiles, about 1 inch deep, tiler say doing this must avoid those red and blue tape wall as might hit water pipe in it. I also chosed to cut the grove on the same tiles in case I need to touch up wall next time so less tile to replace. He cut the top line and bottom line then chisel off the middle part to make the groove. One side of the groove is deeper so he can insert the slab nicely into place, then touch up with white cement. I used granite instead of marble. HTH.

I can contribute a little on this here, I also installed shampoo slab, I saw tiler cutting a groove into the tiles, about 1 inch deep, tiler say doing this must avoid those red and blue tape wall as might hit water pipe in it. I also chosed to cut the grove on the same tiles in case I need to touch up wall next time so less tile to replace. He cut the top line and bottom line then chisel off the middle part to make the groove. One side of the groove is deeper so he can insert the slab nicely into place, then touch up with white cement. I used granite instead of marble. HTH.

Thanks for explaining! Quite difficult to picture how it's done though. :P

End of Week 10 (#throwback)

It's been a hectic weekend with wedding & furniture shopping & checking of house!

Last Saturday, my ID-little-sister finally got time to drop by my place to check for defects. Her eyes really can see a lot of things we cannot see =X Not sure is that a good or bad thing... because I felt very stress after she pointed out all the rectifications that needs to be done ><" But I believe she wants to make sure our dollars are well spend.

I think our ID felt the stress when we bombarded him (over whatsapp) with all the rectifications that needs to be done. Anyway, I shall not go into details. Mostly carpentry trimmings issue & painting job that needed to be touched-up / clean-up.

Yesterday night met ID at our place and glad that 1/2 of the rectifications were done. Today, his carpenter & painter will come and finish the rest. Also met him to confirm the color for our kitchen tempered glass backsplash.

72AE4350-3E31-4297-85BE-2504436D3757_zps

Oh ya also haven't update last week, our iQuartz top is up!

DF454243-7496-4D75-8B02-D697F9A6DDCD_zps

93B14893-AE8B-4652-8631-D409833FD58B_zps

Forget to take the latest photos when we were there yesterday. Our place are 90% complete, left 10% consisting of touch-up + backsplash + hood to be installed + replacing a small piece of our tinted bronze mirror.

This weekend will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning of new place + packing up all our remaining stuff in current room! We are moving-in IN 5 DAYS!!!:dancingqueen:

Edited by yakult

Dun stress! Your sister is so nice to help you check :)

What's the colour of your blacksplash? Quite special!

End of Week 10 (#throwback)

It's been a hectic weekend!

Last Saturday, my ID-little-sister finally got time to drop by my place to check for defects. Her eyes really can see a lot of things we cannot see =X Not sure is that a good or bad thing... because I felt very stress after she pointed out all the rectifications that needs to be done ><" But I believe she wants to make sure our dollars are well spend.

I think our ID felt the stress when we bombarded him (over whatsapp) with all the rectifications that needs to be done. Anyway, I shall not go into details. Mostly carpentry trimmings issue & painting job that needed to be touched-up / clean-up.

Yesterday night met ID at our place and glad that 1/2 of the rectifications were done. Today, his carpenter & painter will come and finish the rest. Also met him to confirm the color for our kitchen tempered glass backsplash.

72AE4350-3E31-4297-85BE-2504436D3757_zps

Oh ya also haven't update last week, our iQuartz top is up!

DF454243-7496-4D75-8B02-D697F9A6DDCD_zps

93B14893-AE8B-4652-8631-D409833FD58B_zps

Dun stress! Your sister is so nice to help you check :)

What's the colour of your blacksplash? Quite special!

Ya now not stress le! Gonna focus on moving in and make it a cozy home instead of a perfect-house :)

The backsplash is in light-greyish color. Actually I wanted something glittery to contrast with our dark wood laminates, but apparently there's only a particular company who do it & heard it's more expensive. Hope this will turns out nice too! :D

Everything has shaped up so well! Really like what you've done to the toilets. Coincidentally, we have also purchased frosted doors for our toilets, hehe :sport-smiley-018:

Excited for you! 5 days, wow! :sport-smiley-004:

Thank you gallopingpenguin! Yes 5 days! So exciting yet felt like not enough time for us to clean/pack! :P Hahahaha.

Looking forward to see your place coming together! :rolleyes:

Congrats Yakult! Your journey is coming to an end soon :good: Are you hiring cleaners to clean up your house before you move in?

Hi Yakult! Must be exciting to be at the end of your reno journey! Would you mind sharing the contacts of Mr B and also of S** 9 Interior - Mr L please?

Congrats Yakult! Your journey is coming to an end soon :good: Are you hiring cleaners to clean up your house before you move in?

Thank you jobb! :) No oh i didn't think of that. Heh. Guess we have to roll up our sleeves and clean by ourselves this Saturday. :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by yakult

Hi Yakult! Must be exciting to be at the end of your reno journey! Would you mind sharing the contacts of Mr B and also of S** 9 Interior - Mr L please?

Hello! Yup excited to move in! :D PM-ed you their contacts.