Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Carpenter finally came yesterday evening to fix our hood issue. Now it looks much better / acceptable! No more big ugly holes around the hood...

880FCF3F-5756-41A3-B7C8-4B56154FF56F_zps

This is what they did inside to pump out the air on top & keep the cabinets from getting greasy...

14F404CF-380E-48C1-8ECD-65CF4467A281_zps

Also, our Amazon loots has arrived!

6F07CC2C-C746-4356-98E8-0C86A46D091A_zps

I had them sent to my parents' place though...so haven't get to see the items.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

you're "inspiring" me to purchase Simplehuman product...

aahahhaha

Hahaha i'm glad you're "inspired" to buy them! :notti:

So far i'm already using their sink caddy & grocery bag dispensers. Both are great! :good: And when you compare Amazon prices with local shops, you'll feel it's so worth it! :P

Carpenter finally came yesterday evening to fix our hood issue. Now it looks much better / acceptable! No more big ugly holes around the hood...

880FCF3F-5756-41A3-B7C8-4B56154FF56F_zps

This is what they did inside to pump out the air on top & keep the cabinets from getting greasy...

14F404CF-380E-48C1-8ECD-65CF4467A281_zps

Also, our Amazon loots has arrived!

6F07CC2C-C746-4356-98E8-0C86A46D091A_zps

I had them sent to my parents' place though...so haven't get to see the items.

sorry ah.. am a noob to hood as my current house do not have one. You were saying pump out the air to escape.. what air? Steam? Or the smoke?

sorry ah.. am a noob to hood as my current house do not have one. You were saying pump out the air to escape.. what air? Steam? Or the smoke?

I am also noob as it's my first time buying and installing hood... my parents use one don't seems to be so complicated.

The pumped out air are the filtered air/fumes/steam suck in by the hood during cooking.

Made a last minute decision to rush to IKEA after work yesterday after noticing 2 items we are waiting for are in stock!

Bookcase:
B35D27BE-DC30-4D91-99C2-3813C6B74E9A.png
Finally can put out our books that are still in boxes at the moment!

Add-on for my dressing table:
96496FF4-E645-4FC4-9421-8153093AE8BF.png

Also bought this for my guest room :)
49BF7607-9B47-46B0-85DC-302C4485DF49.png

We bought this sofabed for our guest room few weeks ago:
CEB94ACB-1013-4B08-8693-620BD1BB2B29.png
8820BAC9-9033-432E-947A-5D0FA142657E.png

Edited by yakult

I pretend to be an expert in this area, so you can read here if you wish. Basically, what goes in must come out. There must be an outlet for the (filtered) air to come out, so that the hood can suck in the oily cooking fumes.

In the past, most people use those hoods that jut out. The outlet is on top of the hood that juts out, so there is no blockage. But nowadays, people like to use the slim hood which does not jut out. The outlet is hidden under the cabinet. If you completely block the outlet, no air will come out. If no air can come out, no fumes can be sucked in. So, contractors have to find ways and means to leave an outlet.

Hey! Please sure where did you purchase the hangers because I am still trying to find black / thin ones to match my current ones.

TIA

Hey! Please sure where did you purchase the hangers because I am still trying to find black / thin ones to match my current ones.

TIA

Hello! I bought mine from IKEA :D

Hi Yakult! Dropping by to say hello. You passed me the contact for your ID awhile back and though we didn't engage him eventually, we were very close to doing so, and we were very impressed by him. Glad to see that your renovation has gone on so smoothly with just a few hiccups :) The dark wood cabinet and hood looks fab! Very atas looking :D

Edited by owlNbear

Hi Yakult! Dropping by to say hello. You passed me the contact for your ID awhile back and though we didn't engage him eventually, we were very close to doing so, and we were very impressed by him. Glad to see that your renovation has gone on so smoothly with just a few hiccups :) The dark wood cabinet and hood looks fab! Very atas looking :D

Hello! Thank you for your kind words! :D

Looking toward to see your Reno progress in your tblog! Hehe.

Storage rack finally installed! :)

615BA89C-A195-4176-97B3-DDB6A85384A9_zps

68CDF4E1-3BA0-43F8-A9C7-A4BBB56804C7_zps

Love the matt black! Hehehe.

IKEA stuff also arrived today~

B9148D9F-84A7-48DA-AFE6-24753735F59E_zps

28A255C3-B989-4673-9621-0CEE0C81C3CF_zps

Haven't set up my dressing table add-on. Too tired after packing books into the bookcase & set up the mirror. Next time ba haha.

My parents brought over our Amazon loots tonight! Finally have proper knives! Been using steak knife to cut meat/fish/veg the last few weeks :P

B254DAAC-7C9A-4D23-BE51-0F40D07853AA_zps

Loving the cutlery trays too :)

EEE5056B-C630-43C5-8F63-04F51E13DC91_zps

Most things are already in place. Hope to take photos of our completed place to share with you all soon :)