Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Study Room (panorama)

No carpentry done here. Just bought the bookcases & brought over our current study desk.
Still missing a small sofa (still looking around for an ideal one) & iMac (not urgent for us cos we seldom use PC after work.)
024EACF1-2020-4538-8800-8755A4B5BDE2_zps

Walk-in-Wardrobe (panorama)
FC3C3E5E-9B63-4CD6-9377-4B749F6F45DD_zps

MBR Bathroom
D0929C10-B72F-4066-BA6C-83F913A744DF_zps

Edited by yakult

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats Yakult!! Your house looks lovely! Love your kitchen and you copper mirror :)

Thank you Lazyfatcat007! :rolleyes:

Yours are almost completed yea! Congrats congrats! :drunk:

Wow Yakult!!!! Very nicely designed space and still so neat even after move in! I cant believe your hall so big to accommodate 2 x 2 seater.. Make us drool ! LOL

How is the fan that is sitting in the hall? I am still looking for something - nice and practical

Dining Area linking to Kitchen

0AE537B8-9636-4DB1-A0C2-3A83472772B5_zps

Kitchen: Dry Area

4FD8F5CC-B882-4812-B9ED-2234034A8BDD_zps

Kitchen: Wet Area

59D6C073-79D0-44F5-8669-3B3BDB8B069E_zps

39AEBAC7-5849-4582-9F45-C056856D0BAD_zps

AC803DFB-BCFD-4D97-9192-C7BA3C55F92D_zps

Congrats on the new house! Your house turns out great! :) Do you mind sharing where did you buy your dining table and chairs? Been looking around for something like this. Thank you :)

Wow Yakult!!!! Very nicely designed space and still so neat even after move in! I cant believe your hall so big to accommodate 2 x 2 seater.. Make us drool ! LOL

How is the fan that is sitting in the hall? I am still looking for something - nice and practical

Thanks Luxexplorer! :rolleyes: It's actually a 3 x 2 seater hehehe. We are very blessed with this very spacious floorplan, having the household shelter inside the kitchen area :)

The fan is actually an air-circulator. Works well for just the 2 of us since it does not rotate haha. It's pretty powerful too! Brand: MISTRAL

Congrats on the new house! Your house turns out great! :) Do you mind sharing where did you buy your dining table and chairs? Been looking around for something like this. Thank you :)

Thank you for your kind words, sitij86! :) I bought them at Star Living (Sungei Kadut outlet). They have many choices and you can choose to mix & match :good:

Nestlé Dolce Gusto Mini-Me

8164B69E-EB8A-4667-A301-7BEC95A3EE32.pngReceived this housewarming gift from my cousins, and we totally loved it!

We had plans to buy a DeLonghi Espresso machine. I'm so glad we haven't buy it and received this instead!

It's a great coffee machine for a quick caffaine fix on weekends...and the drinks all came out looking like those you bought in cafes for $6-9/glass :D

Edited by yakult

Hi t-bloggers! Need some recommendation & help...

Vacuum

Any recommendation for cordless handheld vacuum? Is there any such handheld vacuum that comes with steam-mop function?

Stainless Steel Sink

We loveee our stainless steel Blanco sink when we bought it / unused... so pretty & shiny! BUT of course we started using it... and the water stains made it so ugly :( I tried using baking soda + white vinegar to clean it. It looked better but not 100% shiny/spotless ><" Any tips that you guys have used & works?

I think Philips had a mop and vacuum combo. I would totally go for a handheld Dyson if you have the budget. I love my dyson and wished I bought the handheld version. I have a black and decker steam mop that I love.

for the sink, you can try putting baking soda, leave for 30 minutes, then add table salt and use a wet sponge to gently polish the mixture throughout the whole area. It has always made my sink bright. 

For tougher water stains just use melamine sponge. Can find from Daiso.

On Wednesday, October 07, 2015 at 2:12 PM, yakult said:

Choosing ID

We met a total of 5 IDs (I "***" their names to be fair to them, as I believe opinions are subjective).

1. C*****n - Ms A & J

They are one of the big ID companies and you can always see them at EXPO exhibition. We met one of their ID in EXPO about 3 years ago after we registered for BTO. The guy was friendly & seems knowledgeable. Their designs looked great too. We told him we will look for him when the date for our keys collection draws nearer. So the past 3 years, we are quite determine to use them. However, when we tried to contact the ID, he cannot be reached. When we went to ask the company, they said he had left the company ><

Anyway, since we shortlisted them so long ago, we decided to sit down & talk to their another ID, Ms. A, about our reno. To cut the long story short... this ID met us once to go through our wishlist & floorplan. Before she could send the quotation to us, she informed me that she is leaving the company ><" Her manager, Ms. J, then took over our case and met us to go through the quotation.

Conclusion: Not taken up. They had the most expensive quote. (But they do give you free upgrades such as all BLUM tracks & Caesarstone. Nothing is free lol)

2. S** 9 Interior - Mr L

Super direct, friendly & genuinely nice guy! He was recommended by our friend whose home was amazingly done up. We went to visit and the design definitely have WOW-factor. Mr Lam had with many years of experience working for the big companies prior to starting his own. Very very friendly & straightforward - which we like. No hidden agenda, no gimmicks. However, he is more of a Contractor-ID... meaning he can suggest some good design ideas along the way but you have to know exactly what you want right from the start. Whatever design we want, he can do it as per pictures/samples we showed him. He will come out with nice 3Ds too.

Conclusion: Sadly we do not know exactly what we want :unsure:. We only know what feel we like when we see certain photos but have no idea how to piece everything together. Hence, we need an ID to help us. For those who know what design you want, I will recommend him.

3. The D****n P******e - Mr R

Knew Mr R (the boss of the firm) through my cousin. He said they are a boutique firm. Went to see his website portfolio and they looked promising. So after 3 rounds of meeting (go through floorplan & quotation), we decided to engage them & paid him S$1.5k design fee. Unfortunately... it was a mistake :( Every time we asked him something via whatsapp, he don't reply for hours & days. He said the 3Ds will be ready in about 2-3 weeks but was delayed for weeks. No explanation was given despite us chasing for it. When he eventually sent us the 3Ds, there were missing views + they looked horrible! The designs were so-template and off-the-rack (remember we paid for design fee). It seems like he had outsource to some pre-graduate student to do the drawings. So flat & ugly! And there was 1 interesting comment he made during one of our meetings: "Now all the young couples usually give me a reno budget of S$100k." SAY WHAT??? It was like a slap in the face that our reno budget of S$40k was too little for him. If he want big fish, then don't accept our project la. Throughout the process ever since we engaged him, he made our dollars felt so tiny & unworthy for him to spend effort on. Because he looked & sounded promising initially, we wanted to use him and cut out sooo many items inside our quotation.

Conclusion: Terminated him. When we politely asked for a partial refund of the design fee, he never even bother to reply. We will totally understand it is business & be okay even if he says cannot. But no reply at all. What attitude. :no: Maybe for those with S$100k reno budget, he will be nicer? hahaha.

4. B-T** - Mr S

Recommended by my friend's neighbor. Mr S is pretty experienced. He told us many renovation problems that he encountered that sometimes cannot be foreseen.

Conclusion: Quotation price is acceptable. However, we do not have chemistry with him.

5. Avant Ga**e C******e - Mr B

Recommended by my friend's husband's ex-colleague (lol). Best attitude ID we met. Here's why:

• Prior to the meeting, same as most IDs, Mr B emailed us and asked for our floor plans + some questions such as the theme we like, budget etc.
  • 1st Meeting: He came with a sketched-up proposal floor plan for us, together with some photos with the designs he think we will like! (based on the answers we gave him) Very impressed that he did his homework because the rest we met always came to the first meeting with empty floor plan.
  • Attitude: He is very sincere to want to do our house reno. Response time to our messages was prompt too.
  • Price: Reasonable. He will try his best to work with the budget given to him. (I heard from him that he did some young couple's home with S$18k-$20k budget because they have kids & really finances really tight... so he will try to help them the best he can.)

Conclusion: We picked him :)

Reno is starting today! *YAYYY* He just sent us some photos of the floor protection done and the delivered floor tiles. *excited* :sport-smiley-004: Let's pray our reno journey will be a smooth & on-schedule one! :)

Hi Yakult,

Can you share the contacts for 2 and 5? If convenient, cost of reno too?

Thanks thanks!

On 7/29/2016 at 11:09 PM, bykaraanne said:

I think Philips had a mop and vacuum combo. I would totally go for a handheld Dyson if you have the budget. I love my dyson and wished I bought the handheld version. I have a black and decker steam mop that I love.

for the sink, you can try putting baking soda, leave for 30 minutes, then add table salt and use a wet sponge to gently polish the mixture throughout the whole area. It has always made my sink bright. 

For tougher water stains just use melamine sponge. Can find from Daiso.

Thank you Kara! :) I heard a lot of good reviews for Dyson vacuum... but the cost seems too much for me to swallow for a vacuum... ><""" Does your Black & Decker steam mop comes with vacuum option? Can share what model & how much you got it for? Think i saw Selfix have a lot of B&D.

I tried melamine sponge n it helps a bit... not bright/clean enough. I will try your baking soda + salt idea when i polish my sink next round! :good:  I didn't know need to leave the baking soda on it for so long. I just pour it all over together with white vinegar, then polish & wash off. hahaha.