Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 7/30/2016 at 8:13 AM, Raylowwl said:

Can pm me cost and contact to buy the storeroom racks? Thanks

On 7/30/2016 at 4:05 PM, starryz said:

Hi Yakult,

Can you share the contacts for 2 and 5? If convenient, cost of reno too?

Thanks thanks!

PM-ed for both! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
9 hours ago, yakult said:

Thank you Kara! :) I heard a lot of good reviews for Dyson vacuum... but the cost seems too much for me to swallow for a vacuum... ><""" Does your Black & Decker steam mop comes with vacuum option? Can share what model & how much you got it for? Think i saw Selfix have a lot of B&D.

I tried melamine sponge n it helps a bit... not bright/clean enough. I will try your baking soda + salt idea when i polish my sink next round! :good:  I didn't know need to leave the baking soda on it for so long. I just pour it all over together with white vinegar, then polish & wash off. hahaha.

No it's just a steam mop. My dyson vacuum for the clean freak in me is the only clean enough vacuum leh. 

Anyway! No wonder, because vinegar reacts with baking soda to become nothing but salt. Vinegar usually for removing odors and baking soda is the abrasive. 

Melamine sponge never help, like that quite jialat leh! Also can spray vinegar and let sit, then use sponge to buff lor. Vinegar also does break down the stains but it takes a while (maybe 3-5mins). If full strength vinegar and then buff off with melamine sponge at the end still cannot, might need to use stainless steel polisher! 3M got from Selffix DIY. 

19 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

No it's just a steam mop. My dyson vacuum for the clean freak in me is the only clean enough vacuum leh. 

Anyway! No wonder, because vinegar reacts with baking soda to become nothing but salt. Vinegar usually for removing odors and baking soda is the abrasive. 

Melamine sponge never help, like that quite jialat leh! Also can spray vinegar and let sit, then use sponge to buff lor. Vinegar also does break down the stains but it takes a while (maybe 3-5mins). If full strength vinegar and then buff off with melamine sponge at the end still cannot, might need to use stainless steel polisher! 3M got from Selffix DIY. 

I shall try your baking soda + salt method. Or maybe vinegar & melamine sponge. Vinegar maybe can uh...cos we use that to wash our bunnies' pee pans hahaha.

Cordless Vacuum Update

Last Friday we went to buy our wireless vacuum!

After reading some reviews, besides Dyson which seems to reign in the cordless vacuum world now, Bosch seems to be another good brand that have positive reviews for their cordless vacuum.

When I reach Courts Megastore, the Bosch counter sales person was doing a demo for another couple looking at their handheld vacuum. That particular model's suction power looked fantastic! It's Bosch newest model... and so... the price is pretty steep too. Think it's a better model if you need it for more heavy-duty cleaning? I just need something basic that can do it's job well as a vacuum.

Anyway, I've done some research & narrowed down to a particular model and straight away asked for a demo on that. Asked the sales person to pour out those dust/hairs/rubbish many times and tried the vacuum on both power mode 1 & 2, as well as the small handheld -> which can suck up coins! We were pretty happy with the demo and it felt right. So we bought it :) 

6F7A1997-6858-424F-87E2-49B0C23FF1ED_zps

I've read / heard of bad reviews that handheld vacuum doesn't "work" = not powerful enough to do it's job. Pretty bad uh ><" Thank God this Bosch model turned out greattt! It picked up whatever that needed to be vacuumed... hairsss, dust, particles, hay (rabbits' room) etc. I'm SO HAPPY it worked so well for us!!! :D

Paired this vacuum with Magic's Clean (wet wipes from JapanHome), my floor is now FINALLY dust free! I love squeaky clean floors! :P 

Edited by yakult

On 7/30/2016 at 4:05 PM, starryz said:

Hi Yakult,

Can you share the contacts for 2 and 5? If convenient, cost of reno too?

Thanks thanks!

Hi Yakult -

could you also share these contacts with me? I'm doing very targeted renos built in for kitchen and MBR WIW plus 2 bathrooms. #2 sounds promising based on your descriptions!

On 8/18/2016 at 2:27 PM, fimo88 said:

Hi Yakult -

could you also share these contacts with me? I'm doing very targeted renos built in for kitchen and MBR WIW plus 2 bathrooms. #2 sounds promising based on your descriptions!

Pm-ed you!

Hey Yakult!

just wanted to pop in and say this because I tried it yesterday and it was amazing.

i have the 3M stainless steel cleaner for my solid tops so I use that for my fridge etc too. Yesterday, I sprayed that cleaner on all surfaces of my kitchen stainless steel sink, left it overnight. In the morning my sink was like brand new. Didn't scrub at all, used minimal product just sprayed a thin layer.

On 02/08/2016 at 5:20 PM, yakult said:

I shall try your baking soda + salt method. Or maybe vinegar & melamine sponge. Vinegar maybe can uh...cos we use that to wash our bunnies' pee pans hahaha.

30 minutes ago, bykaraanne said:

Hey Yakult!

just wanted to pop in and say this because I tried it yesterday and it was amazing.

i have the 3M stainless steel cleaner for my solid tops so I use that for my fridge etc too. Yesterday, I sprayed that cleaner on all surfaces of my kitchen stainless steel sink, left it overnight. In the morning my sink was like brand new. Didn't scrub at all, used minimal product just sprayed a thin layer.

WOW thanks Kara!!! :D 

Just to confirm, it's this right? http://www.selffix.com/store/products_details/120/3M--Stainless-Steel-Cleaner-and-Polish-14002

Do i have to spray on a completely dry sink? Leave it overnight and wash it down the next day?

2 hours ago, yakult said:

WOW thanks Kara!!! :D 

Just to confirm, it's this right? http://www.selffix.com/store/products_details/120/3M--Stainless-Steel-Cleaner-and-Polish-14002

Do i have to spray on a completely dry sink? Leave it overnight and wash it down the next day?

Yes that one! :) 

No need! I just sprayed after I did my washing for the day!

dont even need to wash down already can see results lor! Wake up it's sparkling!! 

U try on small area first just in case? My stainless steel sink not kraus lah! But still full SS. But seriously ZERO WATER MARKS OMG

show you the before and after

xky54w.jpg

Edited by bykaraanne

17 minutes ago, bykaraanne said:

Yes that one! :) 

No need! I just sprayed after I did my washing for the day!

dont even need to wash down already can see results lor! Wake up it's sparkling!! 

U try on small area first just in case? My stainless steel sink not kraus lah! But still full SS. But seriously ZERO WATER MARKS OMG

show you the before and after

xky54w.jpg

Wah really shiny! I'll give it a try! Thank you for introducing it to me! :D 

20 hours ago, yakult said:

Wah really shiny! I'll give it a try! Thank you for introducing it to me! :D 

This sounds amazing. I think I shall get my hands on it as well now hahah though my sink is only Ikea sink. :P Loving these cleaning tips!