Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi djnt! I totally know how you feel... waiting for HDB to update all day everyday...until neck long long! hahaha. For the past 3 months, I was checking HDB website all the time to see was there any update. Yours is a bigger project I supposed? Ours only 3 blocks of 16 floors that's why i think it's faster. I guess should be soon for you le since your neighbors are getting keys end of the year? Jiayou jiayou!

Sorry I didn't take any photo of my empty house as we were busy checking for defects right after keys collection. hahaha. I will try to take some reno photos along the way so hopefully you can have a glimpse of it :)

Ya loh... my neck very sore cos everyday stretch long long, esp since all my friends said they got their keys usually 3-6mths before PCD... LOL. Mine is a slightly bigger at 10 blks of 14-19 storeys in height.

Can't wait to see your reno pics :) and wish you a smooth and uneventful reno process!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ya loh... my neck very sore cos everyday stretch long long, esp since all my friends said they got their keys usually 3-6mths before PCD... LOL. Mine is a slightly bigger at 10 blks of 14-19 storeys in height.

Can't wait to see your reno pics :) and wish you a smooth and uneventful reno process!

Woah 10 blocks! No wonder your neck stretch till sore le hahaha. My friend's BTO >40 storeys waited 6 years !!

Thanks! :D Will post up reno pics once it started proper.

Hob, Hood, Oven

Initially, we ordered Bosch Hob & Hood + Ariston Build-in Oven with HoeKee. As I did some price comparison before going to their showroom, I know there is another shop offering a better price for the Hob & Hood set. So when I told them about it, they match the prices I found, and to make things even better, they gave us an even lower prices! Doing homework paid off! :thumbs up: We also decided to get their Ariston build-in oven which was on sale.

Then 1 fine day (I think it's a PH Friday night)... we went to GC @ Sungei Kadut to take a look at other appliances. When we passed by their Hob-Hood-Oven area, I just can't help but to go and check out their prices. (It's not the first time I do that when we visit electronics shops...and usually their hob & hood set prices are not very competitive.) To our surprise, they were having a Bosch Hob+Hood+Oven set promotion that particular PH weekend! When I did a calculation, to my horror, the set at GC made the Bosch Oven cheaper than the Ariston Oven we ordered! :jawdrop: (it's a horror because I prefer Bosch Oven but it's always so ka-ching$$$! lol.)

So we (very quickly) went back to HoeKee that Sunday and showed them the Hob+Hood+Oven set promotion price (photo evidence is powerful haha). The sales lady was very nice and quickly texted her boss whether can they match the price for me. Usually they can make the decision themselves...but this promo set price is way below they margin so they have to get boss' approval lol. To our delight, the boss agreed! (The boss actually saw the GC promo in newspapers and said that such price really no profit for them. But the sales lady told the boss we bought a lot of items from them...so agreed to it lol.) Such a relief! And we are sooo happy to have a full set of Bosch Hob, Hood & Oven! :sport-smiley-004: Here are the items...

gallery_70201_894_6200.jpg

gallery_70201_894_16936.jpg

gallery_70201_894_24281.jpg

I can't wait to start baking with this oven!!!:P And my hubby, who loves to cook, is looking forward to "play" in his new kitchen! :D ***dreaming of lunch/dinner parties*** :rofl:

Sure! ;) I was thinking if I baked 1 whole cake or 1 tray of muffins... 2 person how to finish. hahaha.

babe! I go your house and eat the stuff that comes out of the bakery!!

I got the same hood and oven!

Remember to ask your ID/Contractor about the hood. My contractor told me that this hood doesn't have a vent in the protruding part, so that means it will not suck properly if the top of the hood is all covered in the cabinets... Not sure how to explain this.

He gave me 2 options, either to install vent holes on top of the hood in the cabinets (my hubby think this is ugly) or to build a opening (cabinet opening upwards) so that I can open it while I'm cooking. :dunno:

Food for thought. The carpenter insist don't need, but my contractor insisted need so I trust my contractor. I didn't think of it beforehand when I bought. :)

Thanks for the heads-up! It seems like a complicated hood :wacko: Shall check with my ID.

So which option did you choose? Will this affect the fabrication of the cabinet's dimension?

I got the same hood and oven!

Remember to ask your ID/Contractor about the hood. My contractor told me that this hood doesn't have a vent in the protruding part, so that means it will not suck properly if the top of the hood is all covered in the cabinets... Not sure how to explain this.

He gave me 2 options, either to install vent holes on top of the hood in the cabinets (my hubby think this is ugly) or to build a opening (cabinet opening upwards) so that I can open it while I'm cooking. :dunno:

Food for thought. The carpenter insist don't need, but my contractor insisted need so I trust my contractor. I didn't think of it beforehand when I bought. :)

20jizhl.jpg

This is a rough guide of my kitchen cabinets. See the "flip up" cabinet area above the hood? That's his design for me to open while cooking so I won't hit the doors etc or have it be in the way.

If not another option is to have vents (he offered la, like the heating / aircon vents at hotel? The rectangular shaped ones) instead of the flip up cabinets.

You can ask your ID, my contractor may be wrong, I don't know, but for me better safe than sorry so follow first. :)

Sure! ;) I was thinking if I baked 1 whole cake or 1 tray of muffins... 2 person how to finish. hahaha.

Hahah! I thought of the same thing before when deciding whether or not I wanna buy built in oven... Then I'm like hack la can grill chicken! >.<

This is a rough guide of my kitchen cabinets. See the "flip up" cabinet area above the hood? That's his design for me to open while cooking so I won't hit the doors etc or have it be in the way.

If not another option is to have vents (he offered la, like the heating / aircon vents at hotel? The rectangular shaped ones) instead of the flip up cabinets.

You can ask your ID, my contractor may be wrong, I don't know, but for me better safe than sorry so follow first. :)

Do all flat hoods need this so that they can work?

Wow thanks for the pic! Will check with my ID. Thanks! :)

20jizhl.jpg

Hahah! I thought of the same thing before when deciding whether or not I wanna buy built in oven... Then I'm like hack la can grill chicken! >.<

Yes yes! Can grill chicken & turkey for Christmas! :sport-smiley-018:

Do all flat hoods need this so that they can work?

No! Only telescopic hoods with no vents built in at the front area where it juts out (the hood will jut out regardless, even before you pull it out right? Check that un-pulled out area to see if there's a vent).

If the vent is circular and on top of the hood itself then need this cabinet hack...