Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

That is only if you are overlaying with vinyl or other flooring type beside tiles. If you are hacking away the original tiles or flooring type, you need to screed before you can place the new homogenous tiles.

Your house is a new bto, so if you have orginally opt in for hdb screeding, you can just lay your tiles. :)

U still need screeding for tiles. I just laid mine.

HDB only screeds free for you after appeal for vinyl and laminate flooring. They do not screed for tiles for free.

You can still choose to have them screed it and have your contractor make the screed rougher then place your tiles... But that is not technically "legal". I know of people who have done it though.

We have paid for our floors to be screeded then tiles by my contractor...

:o Meaning homogeneous tiles need the floor to be screed too? Mine is a standard BTO, hence i can opt-out for floorings. I thought the bare floor (rough) can lay homogeneous tiles directly...no? For me, I appealed for them to screed the bedrooms for us only, so my ID will lay the vinyl tiles later.
A bit confused now haha...

:o Meaning homogeneous tiles need the floor to be screed too? Mine is a standard BTO, hence i can opt-out for floorings. I thought the bare floor (rough) can lay homogeneous tiles directly...no? For me, I appealed for them to screed the bedrooms for us only, so my ID will lay the vinyl tiles later.
A bit confused now haha...

Yes, tiles also need to screed, but tiles doesn't require smooth screed. I don't know the technical term for this, but I know that tiles need to screed too.

If you look at your living room bare floor and your kitchen floor, there should be a significant drop in height, that's where the screed needs to come in before the tiles, too.

Maybe your contractor/ID added in the screeding costs as part of the tiling cost?

I know for a fact that screed IS needed though, for all kinds of flooring, but HDB does not provide complimentary screeding for tile laying.

Yes, tiles also need to screed, but tiles doesn't require smooth screed. I don't know the technical term for this, but I know that tiles need to screed too.

If you look at your living room bare floor and your kitchen floor, there should be a significant drop in height, that's where the screed needs to come in before the tiles, too.

Maybe your contractor/ID added in the screeding costs as part of the tiling cost?

I know for a fact that screed IS needed though, for all kinds of flooring, but HDB does not provide complimentary screeding for tile laying.

I get what you mean now! I know my tiling cost include prepacked cement but i am not sure it's part of the screeding. But now i re-look at my quotation... it did state the word "screeding":

"...include pre-packed cement screeding"

hahaha oops! Thanks for clearing this up for me! :D

Kitchen Sink

We made a mistake by purchasing our kitchen sink too early :( We saw Mayer's kitchen sink + retractable mixer set offering at a very good price. It was a 880mm long double-bowl stainless steel - which looks great. However, we didn't give much thought as to have a top-mount or under-mount sink at that point of time... and this Mayer's sink is an top-mount.

After watching many reno shows on HGTV + the opinion from my sister... we now want an under-mount sink >< We thought of just go with the top-mount since we already bought it (non-refundable & already delivered)... but if we want to change to an under-mount next time, I'm not sure can the kitchen top fit.

We went to HoeKee to take a look at BLANCO sinks & decided to get a single-bowl under-mount Zerox u700.

gallery_70201_894_397.jpg

Heart pain because more money spent... but very happy with this choice as it looks so nice :dribble: Anyway, we had to cancel 1 set of the Grohe rainshower (mentioned in earlier post), so the price top-up for a new sink is not that much. Win-win eh? haha.

Selling...

With that, I have 1 brand new double-bowl stainless steel top-mount kitchen sink for sale! I am letting go way below cost price. Please PM me if you are interested! :)

could u share how much is the sink (single-bowl under-mount Zerox u700.)and it dimension? is it stainless stain?

could u share how much is the sink (single-bowl under-mount Zerox u700.)and it dimension? is it stainless stain?

I bought it at S$649 just the sink alone. It's stainless steel satin polish. Dimension here.

Hacking of Wall

Yay the wall is down! :sport-smiley-004: Our ID just took these photos & sent to us ...

gallery_70201_894_67520.jpeg

gallery_70201_894_90411.jpeg

So these 2 weeks will just be laying of living room floor tiles + MBR bathroom wall tiles. Can't wait to see! :)

Edited by yakult

10k? :jawdrop: got so much?

Mine is removal of all existing tiles in the entire house flooring and thus need to screed the entire house 1000 over square feet :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Mine is removal of all existing tiles in the entire house flooring and thus need to screed the entire house 1000 over square feet :)

That's indeed a lot of floor to screed ><"

That's indeed a lot of floor to screed ><"

Somemore after 1st june, must die die use the prepack material set by HDB, the cost went up as well.

Somemore after 1st june, must die die use the prepack material set by HDB, the cost went up as well.

Ya. When the other ID that charged S$4k for 3 bedrooms screeding alone... i thought it's outrageous. haha.

It's weird right...if buy resale, the entire block were built w/o prepacked cement. But when renovate it, need to use prepacked. :dunno: