Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aosbath

Energy Efficient Digital & Electric Storage Water Heaters Singapore - Sole Distributor of A.O. Smith

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A simple, easy to understand summary of water heaters in our market today! The two most popular heaters in Singapore are instant heaters and storage heaters.

The new player in the market (which is quickly rolling out with many major brands today in Sg) are digital heaters.

Digital heaters combine the best of instant heaters with their speed heating technology. In the past, home owners had to choose between getting an instant heater OR an electric heater, technology allows you to get the best of both worlds now with digital heating.

benefits-of-hot-water-heater-singapore-e

Can send me a quote on how much it roughly cost for 30L inclu. installation? Also I'm wondering if the big heater can add on 1 more remote control? Thanks!

Hi these heaters are electric heaters and no need gas connections right?

Please send me a quotation for the 25L digital, including the full specifications and the installation charges for full installation in the service yard of a condo unit.

Thanks!

As the uptake for heat pump water heaters soar in landed properties, these systems are featured on Channel News Asia as Authorities encourage their use in apartments and even HDB estates.

Heat pumps absorb free heat from the ambient air and transfer it into the water heater. While regular water heating systems run at about 3000 watts, heat pumps only run on 210 watts.

Click here to read the full article.

Channel-News-Asia-Energy-Efficient-Heat-

Edited by Aosbath

Hello @Sharkhunter,

One storage heater can be enough for two bathrooms, you just have to size it correctly.

For instance, if you are using one 30 lit heater and two big rainshowers in each bathroom, you will probably only have hot water for 2 minutes! :/

You can refer to this guide below for a good idea of how to size your heater but I will PM with some questions so we can recommend the most suitable size according to the needs of your family.

Guide: Sizing Your Water in Singapore

Edited by Aosbath

I see most people install their storage heater on the ceiling. Can I install it under my vanity counter, in the cabinet? Is there a regulation against it?

Can I get a quotation for a 25-30L digital storage heater?

Can you also tell me a bit more about heat pump heaters?

Hey Bjorn,

Both locations of installing the heater is really your preference. Heaters are installed in different places mainly to suit the design on your home. There are no regulations against it, neither is performance affected.

Under vanity counter installations are actually pretty common overseas, though not in Singapore because most apartments are already pre designed for tanks to be above ceilings.

AOSmith-water-heater-under-cabinet.jpg

Some points to consider about water heater installation locations:

- is this a replacement? it is advisable to install the heater where the existing piping already is to save cost

- is your false or cabinet ceiling large enough to accommodate your heater?

- do you want to raise your ceilings to make your bathroom look bigger?

- will it be easy to service the heater?

Heat Pump Water Heaters

air-to-water-heat-pump-video.jpg

Heat pumps are the reverse of air conditioners. Instead of regular water heaters that run at 3000 watts, heat pumps run only at about 200 watts. They are currently the most consistent energy saving water heaters and are much more efficient than gas or solar heaters. Heat pumps are recommended for families of 4 or more.

For a short video about heat pumps click here

Have Pmed you a quotation!

Edited by Aosbath