Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cyberian

Led Light - Help And Info Needed

Hi,

I intent to change all my house light to LED. Ceiling light not an issue for me. The problem is my sitting room and dinning room. Both sitting room and dinning is using cornice where light is bounce up to the ceiling. I intent to replace it with LED strip, I need to following info:

1. How bright should it be per meter?

2. Where to buy quality LED?

3. Where to get LED profile or track? For easy cleaning, so do not want it to expose.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I believe that you are referring to cove light for your dinning area. My suggestion to you is do not use Led strip and use led T5 Led tube which is much brighter and better value for money.

However, if you insist on using led strip, you should get those 5050 led strip using Epistar led. Typically a high end led strip is about $12 to $13 per meter and the cheap one is $8 per meter. 5050 led strip is consuming 14.4W per meter. However, you still need to buy led driver. When you size your driver, you need to allow 20 percent allowance to prevent driver over heat. Example, your total wattage requirements is 80W, then you should get 100W driver. As driver are electronic product, the product life span reduce drastically when you load it to max capacity which cause it to constantly run at high temperature. Recommended led driver brand is mean well. a 200W mean well driver is about $70.

Do PM me if you need any other help.

Well-Known

Hi

I believe that you are referring to cove light for your dinning area. My suggestion to you is do not use Led strip and use led T5 Led tube which is much brighter and better value for money.

However, if you insist on using led strip, you should get those 5050 led strip using Epistar led. Typically a high end led strip is about $12 to $13 per meter and the cheap one is $8 per meter. 5050 led strip is consuming 14.4W per meter. However, you still need to buy led driver. When you size your driver, you need to allow 20 percent allowance to prevent driver over heat. Example, your total wattage requirements is 80W, then you should get 100W driver. As driver are electronic product, the product life span reduce drastically when you load it to max capacity which cause it to constantly run at high temperature. Recommended led driver brand is mean well. a 200W mean well driver is about $70.

Well-Known

Thanks for the advice. After reading your reply, I'll get the T8 LED Tube. :)

Edited by cyberian

Hi

Well-Known

are you an electrician?