Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Experts,

I received this quotation from a contractor friend. after comparing some quotes on the forum, some items are on the high side.

can help to see where i can reduce or some recommendations?

thanks a lot!

http://cBpDYa.jpg
http://MwyZhu.jpg

Edited by jayjaytan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It looks very expensive too me. I am looking for IDs too, your quotation seems a lot higher than those I have got. For example 3.1.a the price of the wardrobe, from what i know the market price is $280 per feet , but your wardrobe is $323 per feet.The painting work is very expensive too, maybe they are using some special paint but the usual price is around $1300, so far the maximum I have seen is $1500.

Comparing my quote but estimated

Cleaning chemical wash 300

Protection 180

Hacking & demolish 4200 for my 5rm

Tiling no area size can't help u

Waterproofing 450 for 2 toilet 1 kitchen

Kitchen base 15 per feet

Washing n fridge base 80 each

Install toilet bowl 60 each

Install basin 40 each

Install mixer 50 each

Install mini spray 35 each

Painting 1300 for my 5rm 3+1 colour

L box for living 400

False ceiling for master 350

False ceiling for bedroom 300

Covelight for dining 450

Laminated flooring I nv do but I think ard $5 psf for those waterproof ones

Veneer door 280 each

Sliding wardrobe 260 per feet

Kitchen 120 per feet

Solid top 100 per feet

Hope u can compare but remember they need to have HDB licence under their own company and our worker not to sub job out and u will face **** cheers

Thanks princessjia and MissySoniaLin! ; )

Yes, i agree this is too much also. This is the first quote i get from a branded contractor and not inclusive of electrical works.

am seeking now recommendations. if you have some good, reliable contacts can PM me!

thanks a lot!

hi, jayjaytan I have just sign up with an ID,I can PM your her contact. I would say that their renovation work and the staffs that serve us are ok, the shop is quite well established. The main reason I choose them is because their quote is so far the cheapest I have got but you need to bargain with them to get the best deal ( like really bargain and ask for freebies).

im still waiting for my quotation it will be out by tomorrow , but ive gotten a few quotes from contractor / ids . I will only comment on your carpentry work costing is way too high :no:. the rest of the items I got no comment . but please make sure there will not be any further add on costing if not :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Guest Vicki Goh

erm.... your wardrobe is S$323 per sf..ask your contractor does it come with colored pvc? or any special design??

for what i know is only simple design yes is about S$280 psf but if come special features maybe it will cost that price.

so far see that the quotation are not so detailed and some of them are quoted as one price so is hard to reduce unwanted one.

As for vinyl flooring ..does it include skirt?? for my case my ID quoted S$4572 which cover all bedrooms, living room and kitchen but without skirt.

Best is to break up and quote you based on psf so you can know how much psf as vinyl flooring got many thickness from 4mm to 6mm so you can ask him what thickness he quoted you and price is about from S$5.5 to S$6.5 psf.

Jayjaytan.u may ask ur contractor to indicate everything.like size of wardrobe/cabinet.ABS trimming or not.Got PVC internal or not.wat colour.price including how many draws.electricity.how mich u be charged per point.supply material to lay tiles,the material include what material,must indicate.everything must be in black n white.I'm still studying on it .lol.

God bless.

if you deem it is overly priced, why bother to try to work with them?

I would rather you take the quote at face value and move on to source with others. Wouldn't this be more productive?

Seriously ?!?!? which ID sent you this extortion ?

1) Kitchen cabinet is around $110-130 pfr but your quotation is $289 pfr. This equates to 120% over quote :jawdrop:

2) Solid surface for your kitchen top is almost the price of granite per foot run :jawdrop: (the kitchen top must be **** solid)

3) Wardrobe as mentioned by other members :jawdrop:

4) Painting cannot be premium paint judging for the price for 4 RM. That price could have painted a Mansionette and have $100 spare cash in hand. :jawdrop:

Does he happen to have an office in SIM LIM SQUARE ground floor ? :notti: