Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
toapayohflat

Many Questions About Renting A Flat :(

hi..,

i have many questions about renting a flat, hope someone can share their knowledge and experience to benefit other people like me who know less about renting rule or can't get this information over internet.

1a. when you rent out a flat, what ideal expectation in your mind about how tenant will do with your flat.

I mean dirty, messy, damage, etc should be all in different category.

1b. if you rent out your flat in full furnish condition, what you will do if tenant dismantle a full tv cabinet (wide -+ 7.5 meter, height 1.9 meter) without your permission.

1c. if you rent out your flat with 1 bedroom locked, what you will do if tenant unlock, move the item to living room and use the room without your permission.

2. i rent out a flat without a property agent, but the tenant use property agent to rent the flat.

my poa sign only 1 lease agreement. In this lease agreement, there is 2 property agent name as a witness and there are no property agency/ agent name is any page of the lease agreement.

in the witness, only have name, nric and Rxxxxx no. of the agent (that i assume a property agent) and no property agency name at all.

so is this lease agreement bond to that property agent ?

3a. in my certificate stamp duty, there is a document reference no and document description as tenancy agreement.

but my lease agreement don't have a document reference no.

Should my lease agreement have that document reference no state in stamp duty?

3b. if at point 5a is correct, this 2 property agent use their own lease agreement and use it to make a stamp duty, is their conduct wrong by sign other lease agreement(my lease agreement) as a witness and manipulate it as a real/ legal one?

4. to be honest, if there is a problem with a tenant(for my case that not use property agent to rentout the flat), is the only way to solve the problem by hire a lawyer?

because just dont want waste time to contact some organization and at the end give suggestion to hire a lawyer.

thanks in advance for everyone for their sharing and contribution.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I just chanced upon your post. Hope I'm not too late to reply you.

1a. Sorry I can't understand what you are trying to ask.

1b. Tenant can't dismantle any item in the house so long this item is in the inventory list, means is belong to landlord. Even if the TV cabinet is faulty in the first place, tenant still has to seek landlord's permission to dispose/dismantle.

1c. That will be breach of contract. You have the legal right to chase them out. But try to talk to them 1st.

2. Lease agreement is between landlord and tenant. Agent only act as the witness.

3a. No need.

3b. A bit confusing. Can't understand your question, so no comment on this.

4. A lot of times dispute arise due to misunderstanding/ miscommunications. Depending on the scale of 'problem' you are talking about, it is seldom for such cases to go through lawyer.

Edited by zacharyheng

I'll try to asnwer best i can

1b. if you rent out your flat in full furnish condition, what you will do if tenant dismantle a full tv cabinet (wide -+ 7.5 meter, height 1.9 meter) without your permission.

Depends on what is in the contract but normally contract says they need to pay for the damages 

1c. if you rent out your flat with 1 bedroom locked, what you will do if tenant unlock, move the item to living room and use the room without your permission.

Again, depend on the contract , at this point i would want to investigate further and maybe ask them to leave and pay for damages

4. to be honest, if there is a problem with a tenant(for my case that not use property agent to rentout the flat), is the only way to solve the problem by hire a lawyer?

because just dont want waste time to contact some organization and at the end give suggestion to hire a lawyer.

thanks in advance for everyone for their sharing and contribution.

If you have lots of money to spare, then yes hire a lawyer

Hiring a real estate lawyer makes the process easy. When you decide to rent a home or a flat, you should seek out the help from professionals in the real estate field. They provide essential support to those who are new to this. There is a lot of paperwork and an attorney is well prepared to review all documents. A real estate lawyer like Bechara Tarabay is the right person to do the job for you and will also help you understand the legal terms and conditions.