Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys,I will renovate my resale 4room HDB unit,anyone can recommend a reliable ID or contractor to me?Actually after meeting up with a few IDs,I feel some of them either attitude v terrible or quotation v high , not clear with too much hidden cost.plz recommend nice one with reasonable quotation?Tks so much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually there is quite a lot good ones but you need to narrow down whether prices matters or service matters. lastly is the chemistry and the comfort level they able to give you. for myself I first go with ID agree on a lot of things but renovation gonna start MIA hard to reach lucky deposit pay little, then last go ahead with my contractor providing prompt reply and get thing on time. its depends on individual which suit you. high price sure service good, low price maybe service no good but craftsmanship good? gd luck!

Thanks for ur reply.

Usually what quotation can be called reasonable for these stuff?

1.Iquartz for kitchen worktop(how much /sft?)

2.kitchen cabinet(/ft)

3.supply n lay 600*600 homogeneous tiles in living room ($11.5/sft reasonable?)

4.build-in solid plywood casement wardrobe in laminate finish and 1mm ABS trimming.(how much /sft)

5.bathroom some ID told me they charge by lumsum.(means here got hidden cost?)

6.electrical points?(how much per point?)

7.usually any other hidden cost in quotation ?

Pink,

I am also planning but discover many hidden things to consider.

Quote come from low to high with suggestion of why pricing is that high. Low price needs no explanation.

At the end. You will be concern with what you get for what you pay.

If low, expect the worse and prepare for the headache.

High, no equals to good and quantity service.

It boils down to a little of chemistry.

My suggestion is search few ID to quote with similar Reno. And compare the basic essential of works. The nitty gritty details if not exploded should be taken into secondary concern as the main works are the key important.

Hope it helps you much.

Guest Vicki Goh

I think it will be better to get quotes from different IDs and compare prices and most important is no hidden cost.

From comparison you will know the market price and also check with them what material they use and what hinges they used too.

Best is quotation come with very details so you know what are the things you are getting too.

Maybe can consider my ID! He's a very nice, professional & accommodating guy. He even go extra mile thinking of ways to help us save $$! Most importantly, we feel very comfortable with him. No pushy pushy no obligations. That's what we like about him!

I've seen pushy IDs, really nonsense! We say don't want they still push say this good that good! Pushing us to sign more then pay installments!!!?

Our ID is totally different & a few us at woodlands treetrail signed with him too!

Anyone wants the contact pls pm me. With my referral u may get extra discounts + freebies!

Cheers! ;)

Edited by Magdalenechoo1983

Tks.Now I'm trying to be my own contractor.call Iquartz to do worktop.$110pft.ask carpentry factory to do cabinet &wardrobe.call door suppliers to come to install all doors.juz look for one contractor to do toilets &living room.cannot stand those ppl ask for $170+for iquartz.and wat they do is juz to give a call to iquartz company.

Guest Rain Lu

Maybe can consider my ID! He's a very nice, professional & accommodating guy. He even go extra mile thinking of ways to help us save $$! Most importantly, we feel very comfortable with him. No pushy pushy no obligations. That's what we like about him!

I've seen pushy IDs, really nonsense! We say don't want they still push say this good that good! Pushing us to sign more then pay installments!!!?

Our ID is totally different & a few us at woodlands treetrail signed with him too!

Anyone wants the contact pls pm me. With my referral u may get extra discounts + freebies!

Cheers! ;)

Hi, can pm me the contact of your ID? Thanks a lot!

On 11 November 2015 at 1:15 PM, Magdalenechoo1983 said:

Cheers! ;)

Hi @Magdalenechoo1983 can PM your ID details? Thanks!

There are many bad eggs in this industry. Please be careful of this "interior designer" by the name of Eugene Tan. (Mobile 9***3882). 

Uses alot of vulgarities and threats of violence. Police report was made against him. He also claimed some lower grade supplier is a partner of the company when it is not (probably to get commission from the supplier). Very unethical and gangster behavior. He jumps around to various different ID firms so I will not state the ID company name. 

f1.jpg

12540806_10153872410869127_5398023885057373480_n.jpg

I guess depends on how

On 11/11/2015 at 11:19 PM, pinkbirdsky said:

Tks.Now I'm trying to be my own contractor.call Iquartz to do worktop.$110pft.ask carpentry factory to do cabinet &wardrobe.call door suppliers to come to install all doors.juz look for one contractor to do toilets &living room.cannot stand those ppl ask for $170+for iquartz.and wat they do is juz to give a call to iquartz company.

pinky, 170 is really high.. can get caeserstone i heard... but i think is id is on the ball i dont mind paying $20-$30 more if the id is respondsive n service is good..people also need to eat ma...:P and handle your ranting n complains...