Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11/30/2015 at 3:25 PM, sanjeevprema25 said:

Tell me about this same guy called David Tan from Jiamei Furnishings too. Terrible work done & till today there is still outstanding working in my house and he is on MIA currently for months.....

Am also getting pissed and loosing my patience with him.

Call his mobile and company but no one is answering!!!

According to ACRA records, they are no longer in business.

Screenshot_20181112-155427_Chrome.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My advice when choosing contractor which I learned the hard way. Google them to see if got bad reviews. Next check their physical office. If they do not have an office, raise red flag. How to look for them when there is dispute? The registered address in ACRA is only for service only. Think twice using a contractor who has no physical office. 

Some promise the sky during presale. Get them to have it in black and white. Otherwise they will charge you later after work done at whatever price they like. JM is not alone.

Bad contractors usually can hide their bad works with good mouth, they can paint a fantastic pictures around you but end up with sub standard quality works. This cannot be avoided but just have to base on your best assessment with them. Best is to get reviews or recommendations from friends.

• Thanks 1

My recent experience is also terrible. Promise to do items foc as part of package during pre-sales. After that use these freebies to bargain for prepayment and excuses for poor workmanship. Look at the drawer of my kitchen cabinet - using silicone to stick together. When I complain defect, he accuse me of being picky. You guys think it is fair?

20180830_215350.jpg

Hi, 

My wife and I are very pleased with their response and service. Although there were still some issues but all were minors. Overall the experience with them was a thumb up. Workmanship was good especially for flooring, nicely lay. Sometimes the clients can be too demanding or unreasonable. We even recommended them to our friends and relatives. Most of the feedback and reviews were good as well. 

Furthermore, my wife and I did a history research of this company and they have been in this industry for more than 30years. Which was why we chose to engage them. 

Edited by jordonchong

Tell me about this same guy called David Tan from Jiamei Furnishings too. Terrible work done & till today there is still outstanding working in my house and he is on MIA currently for months.....

Am also getting pissed and loosing my patience with him.

Call his mobile and company but no one is answering!!!

• Thanks 1

Plz be aware of this contractor David frm jiamei jdlfurnishings.i got his no.frm someone who pm me here.this contractor usually likes MIA.if u ask him to do project for u.definitely u will headache.Dont noe how many lousy ppl here to self-promote.actually they v lousy.

• Thanks 1