Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
home-maker

Automated Weather Blinds For Patio And Backyard

Hi fellow forumers, anyone has recommended contractors for the above? My reno is in progress and I need to start contacting contractors for some add-on stuff already. Please share if you have any.

Thank you!

Carol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You may like to make enquiry from Jackson Global. Established company with own factory building, manufacture, installer and sales. They stock spare parts for my old blinds too.

On ‎21‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, fragrantflowers said:

Hi, home-maker,

Did you install the automated weather blinds for your patio? 

I'm thinking of installing those retractable/extendable cafetaria canopies.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.  Did not check back for some time.  We installed the manual weather blinds like those commonly seen on condo balconies.  It doesn't shield off 100% of rain for my backyard, but at least 90-95%.

Those cafeteria types are called awnings.  We had the motorised one previously before we extended our kitchen.  Ours was supplied by Moonlight Pte Ltd at Loyang Drive.  It's like what you see in cafes and coffee shops, switch on to extend it out or retract back.  That acts as a roof if you don't have a covered backyard.  But do pick a darker colour as over time, the canvas will become very dirty and light coloured ones will look uglier than dark coloured ones.  Hope that helps.