Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tessina

Toilet Bowl Seller Trying To Smoke Me?

Went to visit a popular bathroom accessories shop, as was looking for replacement toilet bowl.

Boss told me not to consider China made ones, not so much for the perceived quality issues but rather for this fact (in his words):

"China produced ones are made using clay in colder regions of China. Depending on batch and production period, it can span across winter to summer time....so the clay becomes brittle. So this means in our Singapore weather where it's always warm, much more prone to hairline or stress cracks. Best is to buy those made in Malaysia brands, like Mayfair, Oto."

The ones we were considering were Inspire and Baron models, which seem to be quite popular here too.

Am thinking...if that's the case, what about those made in Europe...they also have seasonality right.....so those super expensive made in Italy/Spain etc...also lousy??

So was he just trying to smoke me? His shop carries all the brands though.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good and bad. As bare in mind they come in big container which comes in thousand of pieces one time. If temperature really consents then those store in warehouse already crack by its own am I right to say so? Can't be the whole container, thousand over pieces for the same model sold off once it reaches our port? There is still lead time in storage before it been sold like 3mth to 1 Year..

Basically, most home appliances, items and lightings shop owners will tell you don't buy anything from China, as the latter is the reason why many vendors are closing shop in Singapore. Not a fan of Chinese stuff but in my reno experience, I heard so many people making anti china-ware sentiments but they themselves rebrand their alibaba imports and said it's from Hong Kong.