Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sunnyshannie

Together We Build Our Home

Hi everyone!

I would like to share my renovation journey with you guys so that we can exchange ideas and advice to build our dream home together :sport-smiley-018:

Let me start off by sharing my floor plan :

gallery_71156_3_28990.jpeg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to the community and congratulation on your new house.

Your floor plan looks good, can see lots of potential and can't wait for you to share more with us.

How's your ID selection so far?

Like some of us , we totally have no clue about renovation. Taking the advice from our Friends, we went to expo for our virgin talk with the ID. I have to admit it's very useful as it let me know what i want and what I should say to my future meetings with any IDs.

For concept wise , I'm more inclined towards modern concept. Therefore , you will see more modern pics here :)

Below are my brief encounter with some of the IDs which I met on roadshows, recommended by friends and through renotalk and other reno websites.

My first encounter with IDs was at the EXPO which was I**** Creative and A** S***e. As they were the first 2 we met, they teach us the basic stuffs that we pick up and it helps us to communicate better for other IDs meeting. Nothing much about them cause we/they didn't really follow up. Therefore I can't comment much.

1. Su**** Design: We found WW through renotalk. He was considered the first ID we approached with clear concept what we want. After I gave him a call, he quickly followed up with a message. Our first meeting with him, we felt that he was very experience and can give us advices on things we are not sure.

We waited 1 week for our first quotation . As his is the first quotation we received, we use it as reference for our other meetings as his quote is not cheap also but I would say reasonable.

2. Re*****z: We found N** through recommendation from renotalk as well as they claimed he is cheap and good. Like everyone in RT said, our first meeting was at McDonald's and he was dressed really sloppy-ish. He brought him an assist. Through our meeting, he is indeed very frank he mentioned he is more inclined towards scandi design. I believe if we will to choose scandi, he would advise us much better. But for modern , he "reject" most design claimed they are not nice/practical. My hub likes him but I feel I can't communicate with him. As what he mentioned, his quotation is fast and simple which some ppl might not like it since it so vague. Those that choose him must be those who trusted him. I thought his quote is cheap but turn out to be almost the same as Su**** design.

3. Re** & Re***: They are very famous and generous in their design and claimed lifetime warranty. I met them during EXPO too and was served by K**t and their senior designer Sh***. Sh*** was also very experience and I was sold for his ideas . As expected , their quotation was very ex which was way beyond my Budget.

4. N** Design St****: I met S** through friend's recommendation. I think he is one of the boss , he also have a lot of ideas . But all these ideas do not come cheap I supposed. His quotation was also beyond Budget.

5. Th** Sign*****: Through recommendations, we met up with G****n at their show flat. He was claimed very good by ppl who engaged them. Maybe we met up at show flat, all those details that we communicated with him was missed out in the quotation therefore I felt that he was not sincere enough to do our deal. If not we may actually short listed them as their quotation was also reasonable but still slightly more ex the number 1.

6. Ur*** De***n house: We met with A*** at TPY roadshow. He did not leave deep impression for our first meeting. When we receive his quotation, it was the cheapest of all that I decided to meet him for the second time . I felt that he was more of a"yes" guy which may not have a lot of ideas but very accommodating. We shortlisted him due to the price.

Hope this short brief summary of the IDs is useful for you all.

As suggested by the ID about the planning:

1. Initially wanted to a mini walk in wardrobe in the MBR but put aside the idea and stick to L shape incase we need to put the "baby cot" when time comes.
  2. I still not satisfied about my shoe cabinet :( . Any Ideas?

gallery_71156_917_135902.jpeg

hey, congrats on your new house! i had one ID proposed for shoe cabinet where it it is a low cupboard which extends into the dinning space to separate the door entrance from dinning.. can consider that.

1. Initially wanted to a mini walk in wardrobe in the MBR but put aside the idea and stick to L shape incase we need to put the "baby cot" when time comes.

Actually, for me, i will still go with the "mini" WIW in the master bedroom with the L-shape along the dresser parallel to the bed. The baby cot will still be able to fit in between the bed and the wardrobe. Although this will cause some inconvenience when assessing your dresser, it will only be for the initial years as after that your child will most probably be sharing the bed with you. Also, if you put down the baby cot gate, it will extend to the side of the bed which is better as you can sleep with your baby.

For your shoe cabinet, have you thought of doing a full height or full height suspended with open shelf on the wall facing the HS intead? I think for me i will prefer that way. haha

HELLO FELLOW RENOTALK USERS!

STAND A CHANCE to win $100 CASH VOUCHER by participating in RENOTALK'S PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD!

All you need to do is sign in & vote for ONE of your favorite renovation design! ONE lucky winner will be chosen from the MOST popular project!

Valid from 2nd November 2015 - 15th November 2015.

For me, The purpose of doing a walk in wardrobe is to seperate the sleeping/resting place from the changing, getting clothes place. It will be very distrubing when someone is sleeping (husband or wife), and either husband or wife open the cupboard to take things.

Hi All,

Thanks for suggestions on the shoe cabinet.

The ID has suggested to build on the other side facing the BS so that I can have more storage. But there this are which I don't really like as it hinder by the beam. Haiz, Any suggestions?

gallery_71156_917_31049.jpeg

hinder by the beam means something like an indent with beam above? actually if you do full height can cover up the beam.

Hmm... was initially looking at RVG560P3MS too but was advise by someone that Hitachi fridge ' s compressor was problematic. So shortlist Samsung instead.

Engaged David Tong for our fengshui dates. Hopefully we can start the Reno on 23rd nov. can't wait!!! Last weekend was a fruitful event! As mentioned above , I went to the expo over the weekend . A few events was held there but the ones that got me interested were electronics sales by Audio house and the furniture fair. My loots from the electronic fair! Settled my fridge. I took 2 door-Hitachi in the end as it come in grey in crystal effect. I can't find any pictures to illustrate but the model as below.

I also managed to secure my washing machine. One of my colleague was full of praises for Electrolux for her front load washing machine and it lasted 10 years for her. I was determined to get this brand after hearing her review. I was recommended this 8 kg as the depth is deep compared to other models .

gallery_71156_917_71309.jpeg

gallery_71156_917_11899.jpeg