Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Coolbreeze

Can Overlay Toilet Tiles Twice?

In a dilemma whether to overlay toilet floor tiles ... Previous owner has overlay done before. Contractor says it's possible to overlay again. Is it true? I heard cannot overlay twice.. Old resale flat. Don't know how much to hack and retile again Coz didn't think of it at all so didn't ask for quote.

Btw, Can chemical wash clean up stains or white-ise floor tiles? Nobody including contractor could tell whether the white spots are discoloration of tiles or dirt.

Appreciate any kind advise from kind RT forumers. Thanks very much!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

done renovation for my place and never heard u could overlay three times for our toilets, you will be at risk for affecting the below unit and u need to redo your renovation again if the below unit complaint and HDB come up to check. As for the waterproofing for your toilet will be affected as too many layer of tiles that lead to condensation of vapour causing the below unit to be affected.

my advise is don't risk it as your money will be burn and the contractor suggesting so is actually out to earn your hard earn money. its up to you to decide as hacking cost for per toilet is less than 1k I presume.

chemical wash issue is depends on your tile whether its able to chemical wash. went hafary and asked and some tile if you chemical wash it, you will get white spot or stain forming even the tiles is newly lay so be sure to ask the tile company before you purchase. as for experience contractor they will ensure for you the tile you purchase to solve your future worries which my contractor does! thumb up for him.