Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks guys! Glad some of you liked it. Like I said, it is still work in progress. Still need some more furnishings.

I liked many things, that is why the mismatch furniture. Personally I feel that for mismatch to work, you cannot have too many pieces with strong designs. That is why my furniture are all simple in designs, except one or two. I didn't want curtains, nor venetian blinds. So went with roller blinds. Cut out the strong morning sun and also clean in look.

There aren't any strong colours for my flat, that is the floor, walls etc. That is why I decided to go with more colourful fabrics and laminates for the furniture.

Worked quite closely with my ID to achieve this look. She pulled all my ideas together and gave me her inputs as well.

Edited by kaisermisaki

Photos of my kitchen

Kitchen%20new%201_zps2ftue3wy.jpg

Kitchen%20new%204_zpsx7cagqxt.jpg

Kitchen%20new%202_zpsddtwk84h.jpg

Kitchen%20new%203_zpsk6iodwnb.jpg

Kitchen top is from caesarstone. Alpine Mist (code is 5110)

Kitchen%20Top_zps5i2r8ybu.jpg

I love these lights. They are made from white marble. Glow when they are turned on

Kitchen%20Marble%20Lights_zps2ynpo4le.jp

Edited by kaisermisaki

As you can tell, I love things that are marble. Bought this paper towel holder from Amazon. The black marble matches my black dining marble lights.

Kitchen%20Paper%20Towel%20Holder_zps4xv5

These cabinet knobs are made from ceramic. Bought them from a hardware store near my place. $2 each.

Kitchen%20Knobs_zpsrjxrz6gu.jpg

Sink and mixer from Blanco.
Blanco%20Sink_zpsqkpjyb03.jpg

Blanco%20Mixer_zpsf9kcguxd.jpg

Also installed a Ariston Ti-shape 15L water heater for the kitchen. 

Ariston%2015L_zpsvrooenlw.jpg

Hob and hood from Rinnai.

Rinnai%20Hoob_zpsw83rwczw.jpg
Rinnai%20Hob_zps8ldmfh7b.jpg

Edited by kaisermisaki

More photos of the kitchen. Bought this black wire shelve to store items like pails etc. Placed it beside the washing machine and windows. Fits just nicely.

Washing%20Machine_zpsrgfaziho.jpg

Below the hob and hood, I decided to have a drawer to store all the pots and pans.

Kitchen%20Pull%20Out%202_zpsnz92o3as.jpg

Also managed to find two pull out baskets. The one on the right is from Hafele. It is great, as you can store knives and even the chopping board. The other by the side is from Song Cho. And the good thing is that both are soft closing.

Kitchen%20Pull%20Out%201_zpsho3suyem.jpg

Edited by kaisermisaki

I remember spending about near to 10 hours choosing laminates, wall paint colour, configuration of the kitchen, wardrobe etc. Was a very tiring process which spread over two days.

For the kitchen, I wanted to it to be a bit colourful. Thus my ID proposed it to have various colours for the drawers and cabinet doors. The initial design was a lot more beige/yellow, which is the colour of the top cabinets. When the cabinets were installed, I really didn't like it. Told my ID and she said perhaps to add in more colours to the bottom and tall cabinets. So the doors were changed. Thus this is now the final colour combination and design.

Wanted more drawers as well. The drawer runners are all from Blum. All the plates and bowls are stored in the drawers on the side of the fridge. Easier to access.

For dinning area, I only hung up 3 black and white photos. Idea is to buy more black and white photos and to hang them there; salon hang style. It is work in progress. The dining lights are made from black marble. Table is white marble.
gallery_58978_675_236721.jpg

Wow your house is super pinterest-worthy! Love the colour tones and how everything is put together. May i please ask if your dining table is the air curve dining table?

Wow your house is super pinterest-worthy! Love the colour tones and how everything is put together. May i please ask if your dining table is the air curve dining table?

Hello!

Wow! Never thought of my house as pinterest worthy! But thanks for the compliment.

My dining table is custom made. Went around to look for one marble table but I can't find any that I liked. Was doing research online and saw this design (cannot remember which website etc), and got it custom made.

Actually most of my furniture are custom made; including TV console, the two display cabinets in the living room, my bedside tables and sideboards in the bedrooms (which I will post photos of when I take them!). They are all custom made from Second Charm. Do check out their Facebook.

Love your wired side table in living room and the pull out baskets. Do you just buy the basket and ask ur ID to install? Stainless steel backsplash! You must be a practical person :)

More photos of the kitchen. Bought this black wire shelve to store items like pails etc. Placed it beside the washing machine and windows. Fits just nicely.

gallery_58978_675_280691.jpg

Below the hob and hood, I decided to have a drawer to store all the pots and pans.

gallery_58978_7_147163.jpg

Also managed to find two pull out baskets. The one on the right is from Hafele. It is great, as you can store knives and even the chopping board. The other by the side is from Song Cho. And the good thing is that both are soft closing.

gallery_58978_7_218523.jpg

Woo! Keep the updates coming. Love the house especially the kitchen. The door and the wall tiles specifically! Love the drawers to store all the pots and pans too - same for my home - they are so much more convenient than just shelves.

And the wire rack that fits in perfectly is awesome. I need to find one that fits next to my washer too. Bah.

Love your wired side table in living room and the pull out baskets. Do you just buy the basket and ask ur ID to install? Stainless steel backsplash! You must be a practical person :)

Hey!

Yes am super practical person! My ID initially proposed a glass backsplash, but I am really not sure. Was afraid that I may be so clumsy and knock a pot into it and break it! ha! Anyway stainless steel went well with the hob, which is also stainless steel :).

For the pull out baskets, I bought them when the ID's contractors were installing the kitchen cabinets and I got them to install the baskets for me.

The wired side table? The white marble one? It is from Comfort Design. Matched my marble dining table.

Actually I have been contemplating if I should purchase a microwave oven. Saw this Hitachi oven while shopping for my fridge. Looks good. It can not just be a microwave often, but also a steamer and a conventional oven.

Problem with it, is that it is pricey, and it takes up a lot of space. It can fit into the space where my kettle is now. But it will take up half the space there.

Anyway, any reviews of it will be welcomed. The model number is MRO-AV200E.

Hitachi%20Microwave_zps78dzvlwr.jpg

Edited by kaisermisaki

More photos of the kitchen. I decided to have two U-shaped drawers below the sink. Easier to access. Use to store all the cleaning stuff.

Top Drawer

Kitchen%20Sink%20Drawer%20Top_zpsnfql4je

Bottom Drawer

Kitchen%20Sink%20Drawer%20Bottom_zpsaisd

Edited by kaisermisaki

Woo! Keep the updates coming. Love the house especially the kitchen. The door and the wall tiles specifically! Love the drawers to store all the pots and pans too - same for my home - they are so much more convenient than just shelves.

And the wire rack that fits in perfectly is awesome. I need to find one that fits next to my washer too. Bah.

Hey!

Thanks for the kind words.

I also have drawers under the sink. Just uploaded the photos for them.

If you want wire rack, go to this shop in Geylang. Website stated below.

http://www.jinyu-trading.com/

Some more items in the kitchen I bought that might be of interest to some.

Rubbish bin. It is in a very light pink (can't really tell from the photo). Bought it on Rakuten Japanese website. But saw it later in TaoBao.

Kitchen%20Rubbish%20Bin_zps9jfwruhb.jpg

Hand soap dispenser. White marble of course. From Robinsons, under the John Lewis range.

Kitchen%20Soap%20Dispenser_zpsha30uo6v.j

Clothes pegs holder. From Diaso! So are the pegs.

Pegs%20Box_zpstdm5pob2.jpg

Edited by kaisermisaki