Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My Kitchen was more than 30 years old without any renovation. Initially, wanted to redo my kitchen flooring because of waterproofing issue and can't wash my kitchen. We was advise by the contractor to redo the wall tiles. He simply get some hard object to knock on the tiles and told us it was hollow.

How stupid of us to trust him and leave the key to the contractor without inspecting in between the work.

The finish work was horrible.

Over 30% of the wall tiles are hollow. He agree only to change those tiles that he said the hollow sound is obvious. We just wonder how he gauge obvious.

As for the floor tiles. The water level was not done properly. After washing and sweeping water to the drainage hole, there are very obvious ponding over quite a number of areas after leaving the floor to dry up. Initially, the contractor argue that kitchen is not like bathroom, the level will not be as slope as the bathroom's floor. After showing him that the slope was at the wrong direction with a water level ruler, he change his argument saying that kitchen is not a wet area, no slope is required.

Anyone has any advise? Should we accept the work? Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation