Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I would like to hack my living room tiles and change to homogeneous tiles.Anybody can can give me an idea how much it cost?

The size of living room is 3050cm x 7200.I wants to have an idea of cost before going to a contractor

thank you

Biju

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

10.5ft by 24ft is your living size with sum up to 252sqf with 10 peerage wastage which normally contractor charge. So if the re tiling price is $9.5 for labour + tile + building material it will sum up to 252 x 9.5 = $2394 for retiling your living

Hacking will be slight ex a bit cause onli single item renovation costing 500-680 which I asked before and haulage and disposal is $300 ba.

Total sum up to $2394 + 680 + 300 = $3374

If you don't mind overlay then u save the hacking $$$

Dear Missysonialin

Thank you for the heads up.I have to hack the whole flooring coz its poped up one side.Today a contractor came and advice me to redo whole room flooring (living+2 bd room).He says if he start hacking one side automatically will pop up other side also which i am not sure.He estimated $4.5k+ for living room and $8k for whole house.I think he is quite high from what you showed me...He said hacking license from hdb cost additional $300

rgds

Edited by gbn2377

I think the contractor is way out to chop you. So do consider your choice to choose. I understand from my contractor that the permit is free if he a HDB registered contractor. He didn't charge me a single cent for the permit or the documentation which I see many ID'S or contractor do this to enable them for extra earning. Best you consult more before you pen down your confirmation to any Id's or contractors.

I did my 5rm resale hacking for less than 5k for all tile removal and I got relocation of door entrance and removing of walls to build my centralize walkin wardrobe ") every women's dream!

Overlay still does not affect the pop up part as it will be under cement. Logically speaking, they still need to put a layer of cement for the ground work before putting new tiles.

I did my 5rm resale hacking for less than 5k for all tile removal and I got relocation of door entrance and removing of walls to build my centralize walkin wardrobe ") every women's dream!

Can you pls give me your contractor no? I like to consult with him...Wow you did 5k for 5room my contractor gave 8k for my little 3room.. :no:

Edited by gbn2377

Got one ID of mine quote me flooring for a 5 rm BTO for $13K+ :jawdrop: @S3.5psf.(this includes screeding cost)

Is the a reasonable pricing for flooring of living area and 3 BRMs?

Around what range we should be looking at?

Overlay still does not affect the pop up part as it will be under cement. Logically speaking, they still need to put a layer of cement for the ground work before putting new tiles.

So you mean contractor can remove the pop up tiles and do overlay the new tiles without hacking rest of floor? means the hacking charge will be saved...!!!

rgds

Dear Missysonialin

Thank you for the heads up.I have to hack the whole flooring coz its poped up one side.Today a contractor came and advice me to redo whole room flooring (living+2 bd room).He says if he start hacking one side automatically will pop up other side also which i am not sure.He estimated $4.5k+ for living room and $8k for whole house.I think he is quite high from what you showed me...He said hacking license from hdb cost additional $300

rgds

Hi GBN2377,

Agree with Sonia. i am also going to start using Sonia recommended contractor starting 1st Dec.

It about finding the right balance of choice and idea.

Good luck.