Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Does anyone still uses CD player??

My philips sound bar recently died on me after 7 years and it was great with 5.1 surround sound, DVD, CD, FM, Ipod etc. So I went looking for something similar at Gain City and saw a lot of slim sleek models but unfortunately there are simply sound bars. I asked the sales person about CD player.. and he kinda laughs and says hardly anyone uses CD anymore. Hmmmm, so I asked what about Ipod docks then... and he was like.. " it is also slowing down hardly any of the models come with ipod docks". He recommends me only the philips models which still offers these features.

So am I the only dinosaur left who is using CDs? I have thousands of dollars woth of CD with no place to store and no equipment to play them.. :jawdrop:

ok8su9.jpg

I am still using Philips Soundbar that looks like yours. But I find it difficult to use. It does come with a iPod dock but I was looking for a Bluetooth USB dongle (is there one?) that I can plug into the Soundbar and makes it wireless.

Anyway, now I am subscribing to Apple Music (Family package) and I don't think I will need to buy any more CDs. It is so convenient.

Thanks for swinging by to reno blog and ur compliments.make the reno journey more bearable .. hahah fishing for more compliments ;)

I think the Kraus sink has been reviewed by quite a few bloggers so I put my faith in their opinion. Besides if managed to get free shipping it is almost the same price as other branded onea sold here so well worth sourcing for it.

So you just store ur cds in a Box ? I would still like to play them because of the big collection so really need a lot of time to convert to digital and finally syncing them to my ipod .

Wow!!! i spent 2hours reading your blog!! loving it and so excited....love the kraus sink and the caesarstone! loooks so nice when all blend in together!!! i am staying tune to see more updates!

got inspired to start hunting for kraus sink too.. hehe..

btw u r not old dinosaur.. me too have tons of CD and too lazy to do anything too! i still have tons cassettes as well and no player. =(

Edited by Luxexplorer

I don't buy cds anymore but I feel that it is such a shame to store my cds in a box and they will not see daylight again till maybe one day cd becomes trendy again , like the turntables now.

Lots of my music are dance mixes from various djs etc so downloading 1 song by 1 song is good but can't get the dj non stop special mixes. I especially like them when I am doing housework !

What device do you all store your music in which has Bluetooth to sync to the sound bar ? The device i presume will have big storage ?

Chnagbp, definitely not an audiophile but I love my music and they are the first thing in the morning and last thing at night ;) maybe I should just get down to work and rip to them to ipod

I am still using Philips Soundbar that looks like yours. But I find it difficult to use. It does come with a iPod dock but I was looking for a Bluetooth USB dongle (is there one?) that I can plug into the Soundbar and makes it wireless.

Anyway, now I am subscribing to Apple Music (Family package) and I don't think I will need to buy any more CDs. It is so convenient.

Edited by Luxexplorer

PMed u

** thanks for loving my beautiful Atlantic salt .. I am also happy with the choice especially the price is much lower compared to the other shortlisted option

Hi !

Love love love your Caesarstone countertop! Was wondering if you could kindly share or PM me the price of that caesarstone and what were your measurements? Thanks!

Edited by Luxexplorer

All about the plumbing over the weekend. Went up to the flat last night to drop off a rocking chair bought at Comfor-design and voila.. saw the plumbing has all been done up! Yay... the light at the end of the tunnel , I can see it already

As usual, I have bought a too big basin and a too big tap :( Just didnt think the unit was so small till the purchases arrived.

Kohler Waterfall tap with Kohler Sink. The tap seems a little too big but I wanted a waterfall tap because of my shallow basin

23vysr5.jpg

Kitchen tap with Kraus Sink. So dirty after their installation so just rinse the sink a little. Felt that one side of the sink has a rough texture like some particles are stuck on it. Will have to use Benetay's cleaning suggestion.

2mc83dl.jpg

33aglfl.jpg

Open door policy! About time that everyone stop running to the coffee shop downstairs for urgent use!

v2z5dx.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

All about the plumbing over the weekend. Went up to the flat last night to drop off a rocking chair bought at Comfor-design and voila.. saw the plumbing has all been done up! Yay... the light at the end of the tunnel , I can see it already

As usual, I have bought a too big basin and a too big tap :(

Kohler Waterfall tap with Kohler Sink. The tap seems a little too big but I wanted a waterfall tap because of my shallow basin

23vysr5.jpg

Kitchen tap with Kraus Sink. So dirty after their installation so just rinse the sink a little. Felt that one side of the sink has a rough texture like some particles are stuck on it. Will have to use Benetay's cleaning suggestion.

2mc83dl.jpg

33aglfl.jpg

Open door policy! About time that everyone stop running to the coffee shop downstairs for urgent use!

spkmcy.jpg

Omg so atas looking!!! That's an excellent choice of tiles you've got :dribble:

And that view outside your window is totally droolworthy. Added incentive to do the dishes eh :notti:

Thanks Owl! ( presuming you are the owl and not the bear!) Eye sore is the piping coming through from outside and located so high up on the wall and it is my water supply so I cant even remove it. LOL

330cv9f.jpg

ARE YOU SURE YOU CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL? I AM TIRED OF WAITING FOR MY NEW HOME!

2uxwsvl.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Toilet looks so well done! :) but it really is a bit big... Anyway easier to use if bigger! Haha

Your kitchen tap from where? Looks exactly like mine but in silver! Haha! Wanna see if mine was inspired by something else (probably is) haha

Thanks for swinging by to reno blog and ur compliments.make the reno journey more bearable .. hahah fishing for more compliments ;)

I think the Kraus sink has been reviewed by quite a few bloggers so I put my faith in their opinion. Besides if managed to get free shipping it is almost the same price as other branded onea sold here so well worth sourcing for it.

So you just store ur cds in a Box ? I would still like to play them because of the big collection so really need a lot of time to convert to digital and finally syncing them to my ipod .

Luxexplorer, yeah i still stored them in a box.. hardly play them though i have a huge collection too and may consider throwing them away to save space since it requires a lot of time to convert....=(

As usual, I have bought a too big basin and a too big tap :(

23vysr5.jpg

2mc83dl.jpg

33aglfl.jpg

spkmcy.jpg

Wow!! the combination of the kraus sink n the kohler tap! :jawdrop::good: :good:so so nice!!! now i also inspired to look at kraus sink.. hehe..

your kitchen tiles look like resort kind of feel! :good:

open concept toilet.. hehe. just a question: what if guest comes n need to use the toilet?hehe

Twinklecloud! We have added a glass door between the yard (where the toilet is) and the kitchen to prevent combined smells :) In the beginning we ordered a clear glass panel but one day when standing at the kitchen sink, i realised that I can see the WC clearly and quickly contacted the contractor. Luckily we were able to change it to a frosted panels, so guests using the WC will be safe in our home!

Twinklecloud! We have added a glass door between the yard (where the toilet is) and the kitchen to prevent combined smells :) In the beginning we ordered a clear glass panel but one day when standing at the kitchen sink, i realised that I can see the WC clearly and quickly contacted the contractor. Luckily we were able to change it to a frosted panels, so guests using the WC will be safe in our home!

Luxexplorer, i am still curious on you "open" concept toilet.. do u have a pic to show? does that mean that if someone walks to the yard then one will b able to "see" the open toilet or anyone using it? :notti:

Thanks Owl! ( presuming you are the owl and not the bear!) Eye sore is the piping coming through from outside and located so high up on the wall and it is my water supply so I cant even remove it. LOL

330cv9f.jpg

ARE YOU SURE YOU CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL? I AM TIRED OF WAITING FOR MY NEW HOME!

2uxwsvl.jpg

Not an eyesore at all! I love the word that fatcat used. It's made of pure decadence :wub:

Aaaand check out those wistful longing eyes. Or is it sian 1/2 eyes. Can't really tell....hahaha

Went over the flat yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that no workers there and everything has been cleaned up. Fo the first time, I stepped in without shoes.. hmmm so nice!

The tiny living room knocked out from bedroom 2. 30% of the room went to the WIW. My monstrous 2 meter teak wood table from Origin Asia.

x44zzs.jpg

The brickwall finally is up. I contemplated for a long time over this because I wanted to keep cost low but yet wanted to hide the wires so final decision is here along with LG OLED

v8e92t.jpg

One of my TB loot.I bought a few lights and this is one of the 2 which is usable

2ewe1oi.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer