Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

156p8r6.jpg

Your sofa is super super gorgeous! It's so awesome to see everything coming together.

I just wanna ask for this area of your floor where 2 different floorings meet, how did you manage to do away with the joining cap strip?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Owl . Gong Xi fa cai !

The tiler used a very thin silver strip as a divider between the 2 tiles. .it is not very visable when looking at it from far.

156p8r6.jpg

Your sofa is super super gorgeous! It's so awesome to see everything coming together.

I just wanna ask for this area of your floor where 2 different floorings meet, how did you manage to do away with the joining cap strip?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Hello Owl . Gong Xi fa cai !

The tiler used a very thin silver strip as a divider between the 2 tiles. .it is not very visable when looking at it from far.

Awesome! It's really not visible at all. I'll tell him to use the same :yeah:

Happy Valentines Day dear reno kakis! Even OCBC building is giving out lots of hearts :0

Sorry about the neighbour's "tak-ko" :wub:

14joy0z.jpg

CNY and house warming party. All ready :)

fxuhpe.jpg

Beautiful weather on the day of the party!

mhepeo.jpg

CNY Eve during the countdown. Fireworks while doing dishes. Quickly dropped everything and grab a few shots. Can only see partial of the bow wow!

2s1n70m.jpg

Latest addition in the home:The Elken water filter system from my parents as a housewarming present. ( about $1000) The best part is it also dispense hot water ( a power point must be built near where the sink is) so no more kettle and hot water flask around. Because they don't have a retail shop here so orders must be made through their sales agents

For enquirues : Mdm Eng (9843 2727)

25icj7a.jpg

Latest addition: Basil plant for our cooking

2hztndl.jpg

Grohe Donut Rain Shower.

2ryt6ix.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Twinklecloud Gong Xi Fa Cai! Here is the link for you!

Just take note that the mint green in the photo is wrong because I ordered that and it came in dark green instead. I decided not to pursue the issue since it is very troublesome just to do an exchange

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=18649608056&toSite=main

Luxexplorer,

do u mind sharing the link for the magnetic clock? thanks!

Lux,

Congrats!! and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

Love the big dining table and the view from your window.

For me is still a long way from Tblog Lol... my progress is very slow mo sia :dunno:

Twinklecloud Gong Xi Fa Cai! Here is the link for you!

Just take note that the mint green in the photo is wrong because I ordered that and it came in dark green instead. I decided not to pursue the issue since it is very troublesome just to do an exchange

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=18649608056&toSite=main

thank you!!!happy new year to u too!! how was the housewarming cum valentine? hehe

love the view from your kitchen!

Next step ! I like your dining chairs more, want to exchange ? Lol ! I ordered from TB and they are quite comfortable but one chair is always creaking probably because we have put on weight from CNY. Haha

Congratulation congratulation!! Looking nice and love the dinning chair as well.

Btw that is LOTs of pasta leh!! haha

Review of contractor Desmond Coming up!

Overall it was a pleasant experience with some hiccups which were easily solved. Renovation process is suppose to be fun when we are creating our home so nothing to be stress about. Most importantly to have a contractor or designer who is honest and responsible. For example , I have a bad habit to text him whenever I see or remember something even over weekends or at night, he will always reply even if it is not immediately, I am always appreciative.
 The carpentry workmanship was good except that the side kitchen cabinet came in wrong colour but in the end we decided to accept it since it doesn't look too bad and doesn't affect any overall design. His own electrician is also experience educated Bangla guy with good work but just a little bit slow because when he was fixing my lights, he treated it like a home and not a job and waited for me to ok for exact position.

He is a contractor so don't expect ID design from him but he was able to provide advice when you ask for it and he will explain what and why he has done in other homes.Very soft spoken and non aggressive which is great for me because I am quite quick temper and don't work with with those who talk more than they work.

When engaging a contractor, I will advise that home owners be very clear with their requests because a few times I just assume that that's the way things will be done but turned out there are other ways ..:) IF unsure, asked them what is the standard and what other options, this will greatly cut down miscommunication

Will recommend!

In Star Design 9786 3413 - Desmond Loke

Edited by Luxexplorer

On 2/21/2016 at 11:23 AM, Nerf05 said:

Hi luxeplorer

Great job by your tiler. Could you shall your contact please? Thank you

HEy Nerf05, sorry for the late reply. The tiler is from my contractor so you will have to contact Desmond for it. I like his work and how he pay attention to small details.

On 2/15/2016 at 10:58 AM, Luxexplorer said:

Happy Valentines Day dear reno kakis! Even OCBC building is giving out lots of hearts :0

Sorry about the neighbour's "tak-ko" :wub:

14joy0z.jpg

CNY and house warming party. All ready :)

fxuhpe.jpg

Beautiful weather on the day of the party!

mhepeo.jpg

CNY Eve during the countdown. Fireworks while doing dishes. Quickly dropped everything and grab a few shots. Can only see partial of the bow wow!

2s1n70m.jpg

Latest addition in the home:The Elken water filter system from my parents as a housewarming present. ( about $1000) The best part is it also dispense hot water ( a power point must be built near where the sink is) so no more kettle and hot water flask around. Because they don't have a retail shop here so orders must be made through their sales agents

For enquirues : Mdm Eng (9843 2727)

25icj7a.jpg

Latest addition: Basil plant for our cooking

2hztndl.jpg

Grohe Donut Rain Shower.

2ryt6ix.jpg

Hi, read through this post from pg 1 and finally saw your shower.  This shower head is sooooo cute!!  Where do you get from?  How's the water pressure coming from it?

On 2/26/2016 at 10:01 PM, iluvfff said:

Hi, read through this post from pg 1 and finally saw your shower.  This shower head is sooooo cute!!  Where do you get from?  How's the water pressure coming from it?

Hey iluvfff! thanks for dropping by and read through our blah blah blah :) The donut shower is from Grohe @ Marina SQ and they have a bunch of colors to choose from which makes it very hard to decide. LOL . Due to structural problem in the shower and cant have a real rain shower, I have opted for this which basically is the same effect. If you are the kind who like hard pelts of water then it is not for you but for us, it is quite good and pressure is enough to have a quick shower as well.

In fact I realised whenever I am staying in the hotel, I rarely use the rain shower because on some days I just don't want to get my hair wet but with "donut", I dont have this problem anymore - best of both worlds :)

Edited by Luxexplorer