Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

3 hours ago, Luxexplorer said:

Bykarrane, can you PM me the photo of your digital lock please? At the same time, the Daiso sponge is it the blue one? Think I bought the wrong one which is white colour. The stick also no stock because will be perfect for cleaning my windows

You mean my digital peephole right? This is how it looks from the front. If you want a more frontal pic with the gate let me know. 

IMG_5747_zps2cgk3orm.jpg 

For the sponge, the pure white ones work fine. 

6394332963_953e1a2e86_o.jpg

I got these, big and small size (cubes + larger rectangles) to clean my sinks, taps, showers etc. 

Then I use the melamine stick to clean my tub, WC, and glass showers.

Both should work the same way! Just that the blue stick easier for bigger areas...

12346311_10153452933313702_4083233163471

This stick always OOS. I also got the smaller version of this blue stick for my WC. Works a charm. My sinks / taps / shower glass are always gleaming... 

Edited by bykaraanne

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10/03/2016 at 9:12 PM, bykaraanne said:

Haha, I've always been here. You guys just miss my comments. :P

Anyway, mine was a $58 one from TB, and runs on Lithium battery. $58 (+ shipping) gets me 2 batteries, 8GB microSD card, and the peephole itself. If you need a pic just let me know, I'll ping you on how it looks on my door. I do know there are some where the front peephole looks like yours though, so not as big and squarish as mine does. 

I LOVE these big solid wood pieces. IKEA just brought in one and seriously I've drooled over it for ages. I couldn't sacrifice one bedroom if not I would definitely have a full dining area! It's the best for entertaining, so I totally agree with you!

Yes, I recently posted pictures of my office. though I must say my shelves are still lacking (hopefully a trip to London would help me with that!) but I guess unless I go to the US I won't be 100% happy with what I find here (everything pretty is so expensive it's ridiculous). 

And!! Go to Daiso, get the melamine sponge (they have it in stick form, or just get the bigger individual pieces) and clean your shower screens with those. They work a CHARM on glass shower screens and leave them streak free and sparkling. I use it every week on them. 

Either use plain water or spray some white vinegar solution and wipe down with the sponge. Works wonders, trust me. I use the sponge for my sinks, taps (they will SHINE) and the stick for my WC as well. 

Hi Lux & Bykaraanne! 

Hijacking cos am so interested in the Daiso sponge sticks too! Shall go track them down (; yes lux, shower screen also my headache cos I don't like random water stains eek

And yes, shaker style is pretty but so is your chosen design! :lol:

On 3/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, bykaraanne said:

You mean my digital peephole right? This is how it looks from the front. If you want a more frontal pic with the gate let me know. 

IMG_5747_zps2cgk3orm.jpg 

For the sponge, the pure white ones work fine. 

6394332963_953e1a2e86_o.jpg

I got these, big and small size (cubes + larger rectangles) to clean my sinks, taps, showers etc. 

Then I use the melamine stick to clean my tub, WC, and glass showers.

Both should work the same way! Just that the blue stick easier for bigger areas...

12346311_10153452933313702_4083233163471

This stick always OOS. I also got the smaller version of this blue stick for my WC. Works a charm. My sinks / taps / shower glass are always gleaming... 

Hi Kara! The digital lock looks like the one I saw on TB. Do you have a link for it? 

& I agree the sticks for cleaning are amazing. Cleaned the toilets with it after the reno! 

I'm planning to buy a new one with motion sensor.

just search 猫眼 on TMall, the first few you find is the one I buy. Haha! 

The sticks and the sponges are actually the same thing la. Just stick a bit more convenient. 

On 3/18/2016 at 0:19 PM, bykaraanne said:

I'm planning to buy a new one with motion sensor.

just search 猫眼 on TMall, the first few you find is the one I buy. Haha! 

The sticks and the sponges are actually the same thing la. Just stick a bit more convenient. 

I'm planning to get a motion sensor with recording function one too! Just can't decide which one~ 

On 3/21/2016 at 2:03 PM, bykaraanne said:

Sosmai brand :)

Sapphaire & Bykaraanne, I am also looking at the one with motion sensor especially since my unit has little activity so battery should be able to last longer as well. Can give review after you have change it?

k48mcn.jpgzt6gpx.jpg

For those who were keen to know more about the flooring Magica Woodtime Italian tiles from Hup Khoon @ Balestier. The colour is Pecan and there is a choice of 4 colors. Size 15x90. My sales lady was a tiny hunchback lady named Ah Hoon and her service was superb as she was so patient with my numerous trips to confirm the tiles and color.
Here is a close up of the color and texture along with with the foster dogs who are living with me while seeking a home. ( that's why my home needs to be pee/poo proof) For this tile, you can clearly see the "design" of distress wood which is what we really like. Color looks different because of different direction and the sunlight. Both are taken in natural lighting.
As most of us know is that the longer the tile, the harder it is to tile and the grouting lines will also be wider compared to homogeneous tiles. Have to be prepared for 2 mm or so and that there might be some warping after the tiles has been laid basically translate to our feet feeling some unevenness at the edge as we walk. At that time of tile selection we keep hearing about warping but no idea how it will actually affect us so we end up choosing this tile instead of the first choice which was at a whopping 20x120. 
We have discover some warping for some areas but we found out we don't mind as it gives a even more realistic feel to the wood texture. Cleaning is a breeze and we simply love it

Edited by Luxexplorer

1 hour ago, Luxexplorer said:

Sapphaire & Bykaraanne, I am also looking at the one with motion sensor especially since my unit has little activity so battery should be able to last longer as well. Can give review after you have change it?

Lux I just bought it! I shall try and let you know~

On 3/21/2016 at 2:03 PM, bykaraanne said:

Sosmai brand :)

Thanks Kara for the brand!

2 hours ago, Luxexplorer said:

I'm already using Sosmai's non-motion sensor and battery life is 3 months. I'm expecting it to half with motion sensor at its worst (since my unit is quiet as well). 1.5 months not too bad. 

On 1 February 2016 at 9:28 AM, Luxexplorer said:

KITCHEN:

I have purchased the Kraus Coriander which fits perfectly. I find it handy to use as a small dish dryer, to defrost frozen food, etc. In the photo, also the Simple Human sponge holder. good suction and looks stylish too. Yeah... a sponge holder can actually look sexy too!

Both items purchased from Amazon.

2ue5vs9.jpg

Teka Hob. This is the one item I have chosen the smaller one and I am glad as the kitchen is smaller than what I see in my mind. I bought this design because of the ceramic glass instead of the usual tempered glass and not only it is a stronger material, it also sits very thinly close to the counter-top giving it a sleek look

2d0kx80.jpg

Panasonic Fridge with the freezer at the bottom. My other half insist on this as he claim that freezer is lesser used and should be at the bottom and since I have no opinion on this. It is fine for me.

Fujioh oven

9pu90p.jpg

Magnetic clock from TB

vskrr6.jpg

Blum Pull Out Drawers filled with at least 1 years' worth of pasta

2wmfiww.jpg

Never ending cleaning as my crockery emerged from their storage boxes

1hf78l.jpg

Hi! Are the kitchen cabinets in matte white or glossy? How's maintenance like thus far?

2 hours ago, lianaalin said:

Hi! Are the kitchen cabinets in matte white or glossy? How's maintenance like thus far?

Hello Lianaalin! Its glossy white and not difficult to maintain even after our every day cooking. Usually i will wipe down with a wet cloth and go over with a dry one so that the water  mark doest show. I used to have black gloss kitchen cabinets and that was a killer since the oily fingerprints show up every single time you touch it.

On 3/23/2016 at 10:53 AM, bykaraanne said:

Love the Singapore Specials! I want to get one but worried about my unit being too small for them. 

Hey! There are some smaller HDB approved mongrels under the ADORE project. Consider to give them a home as they are so street smart and fast learner. If not, you can look into adopting some of the breeding pedigree dogs which are often rescue or abandoned by those irresponsible farm or home breeders. They are in dire need of home too and I am sure you will find one who will connect with your family.

1 hour ago, Luxexplorer said:

Hey! There are some smaller HDB approved mongrels under the ADORE project. Consider to give them a home as they are so street smart and fast learner. If not, you can look into adopting some of the breeding pedigree dogs which are often rescue or abandoned by those irresponsible farm or home breeders. They are in dire need of home too and I am sure you will find one who will connect with your family.

We did! We trial-ed an ADORE mongrel but it didn't work out due to my asthma + her severe separation anxiety. :( 

happy that you got to give the Mongrels new life! They are amazing!