Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The bathroom strainer arrived together with quite most of my sanitary fittings. Lazy, so only took pics of a few items only.

Looks just like the pics. Pretty. I suppose this would rust in a years time so would probably spray a coating on it first. Or may buy some extras.

gallery_71361_926_29360.jpg

Also some racks for the main and common bath from Mancel (Tmall)

med_gallery_71361_926_28692.jpg

Gold tap. (Same as bykaraanne)

sml_gallery_71361_926_37132.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Purchased this sofa set from Taylor B.

Would have purchased the Round table too but was afraid I may have no walking space. KIV this table.

med_gallery_71361_926_214374.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links... on hindsight, luckily i never bought this table

Ceiling works. Cove and L Boxes up per my lighting plan (except no lights yet :P)

Master bedroom - False ceiling from entrance for WIW Spotlight. and Edge of false ceiling will have a cove light. Opposite this is the window side which will also have cove and light box but too bright to take any photo in this direction.

med_gallery_71361_926_84105.jpg

Hall with L shape lightbox + cover that starts from Main entrance.

med_gallery_71361_926_100263.jpg

med_gallery_71361_926_13425.jpg

Passageway False ceiling + hole for the erm.... "shine at wall" kind of cove light. The front edge of the cove looks strangely thin. Got the ID to thicken it to 50mm. Also sealed up this side of the bomb shelter vent.

med_gallery_71361_926_77756.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

The aircon piping was also done similar period with the ceiling work.

Common bedroom and Hall fan coil will be hung back to back to minimize trunking. In this way, from living room will not see any trunking.

Picture In masterbedroom taken with Iphone Pano mode so it looks strangely curved. After discussion with Tim and his head tech, the compressor pipes run from the compressor (left of this picture), end at the edge of the false ceiling and this point is where the fancoil will be mounted. The gas pipe bash thru that wall into common bedroom so you don't see any branching out of trunking. The water pipe enters the common bathroom from the trunking above the Door.

med_gallery_71361_926_107718.jpg

Common bedroom. Pipes enter from the left and than stops at a middle of the wall facing the hall. another set of pipes bash thru this same wall for back to back hung of the aircon fancoil for bedroom and living room minimizing visible trunking inside the room.

med_gallery_71361_926_147776.jpg

There will be some partial box up later after painting.

Water pipe enters the toilet, Ugly :no: .... Argh!!... this destroyed my subway tile look. Applied trunking but still ugly. Would it look less obvious if i have this pipe just the vertical down running length in stainless steel without trunking?

sml_gallery_71361_926_31648.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Is this the wet or dry portion of the toilet? Maybe you can paint the trucking as per the colour of the tiles with the black lining to make it less obvious.

This is the erm... Semi wet portion.

I don't have a shower screen for this bathroom

Is this an Aircon water discharge pipe or water pipe. If its Aircon, you can ask your ID to re- tile to conceal. Just extra cost, and you will not get sleepless night or regret later on.

If it is just the aircon water discharge pipe, it is a very small pipe. I would just leave it exposed, or paint to wall colour. Much better than trunking, which is bulky.

The aircon guy already trunked it without asking me. I wonder how the trunking is held in place by? Hopefully no no nails were put thru the tiles to hold it in place.

hi, can PM me the contact for HS Lim (Diva) & Dorothy (Inlookz)?

This is sort of late. I thought i should share my experience with the contractors selection. Like many before me, i contacted and met up with quite a few IDs/Contractors before settling with the current one i am using now. It was extremely tiring to run thru 3-4 hours of explaining to each of them. To those who can do more than 10... :good: You are Good!

I thronged thru all the Tblogs from early 2012's till now and I skipped those that are so popular as I'm afraid they may have so many projects at hand and not able to concentrate on mine. As I'm naturally very into details(read picky) and would need people who would note and action on trivial stuff that i say. So here is the list.

1. The first one was and online contractor. homedesign.sg. They had an online site with transparent pricing and had good recommendations of renovation stuff. It was a good place to go to see how much the expected reno would cost. Called up the number listed and was answered by a lady. Asked to see their showroom but was told they only had an office in NUS so requested for a meetup at a starbucks. She told me will contact me back but didn't. Either too busy or could not remember. Which may indicate could not remember the details i wanted. So strikeoff this company off my list. :bleah:

2. Absolook - Don, This was highly recommended from a camp mate of mine. Turns out the ID is also from my camp (though we'll seen each other a couple of times but never communicated before). I went thru 2 meetups with him about 6 hours total as he was one of my shortlisted. His response time by whatsapp is within a couple of hours usually, the longest is by the next day. Generally feels ok, understood my need, able to tell me what is practical and what is not. Pricing on the higher side. Seems to be quite busy too.

3. Divas - HS Lim. From the older blogs i chanced upon this ID. At that time he was at another company now he is with Divas. Superb response time. Replies within an hour and the fastest to provide a quote. 1st quote received within 3 days and 2nd quote within a day. As such he was one of my shortlisted contractors. He is exactly like the older blogs described, extremely polite and honest(feels like it). He is the only ID who remembers and address me by first name. Would give differing views to your wants but if you insisted he could still do it but would persuade you not to. Pricing is on the low side. However got GST. Divas also had one of the best looking showrooms among all those that i visited.

4. Khong Yee - Dylan. Recommended from my wife's colleague who signed up with him. The most customer service oriented ID I've met and was shortlisted to be my 1st choice. All the other IDs just followed what i requested for or try to dissuade me from doing certain things the way i wanted... This one is different. He did not dissuade me on any stuff and even offered better ideas on top of mine even though that may cost more or be more of a hassle to do as its non standard :idea: . Response time is good. Replies to whatsapp within a day however it took a week to get a quote. Pricing is stiff and is on the high side. The quote threw in a lot of freebies which i don't really need as im not doing standard stuff. ie. I don't need a Blum Aventos but could not get a further discount since i'm not doing a dish drainer at the top cabinet. Their showroom cabinet workmanship totally cannot make it. I can spot uneven gaps on the cabinet joining partitions and I even "destroyed" the PDdoor when using the bathroom. The door lifted off the lower rail when I tried to open it so it may have been a case of poor workmanship. He explained that these are FOC works from one of their subcon which they no longer use. As I was still pretty keen on going with him with his excellent customer service(pre-sales, aftersales dunno), I visited one of his site. Workmanship is not too bad. Eventually as he was unable to further reduce his pricing after the 3rd meetup I thanked him and said goodbye.

5. Space N Living - Encountered the most amazing and strangest stuff here. Was walking around IMM when my wife was attracted to the IPAD displays of their portfolio. So spoke to one of the IDs that was free at that time and repeated the same wants for a good 2 hours to him. Before i left i was told that it was a busy period for them so the quote may take a week. Eventually the quote came but took about 3 weeks later. Obviously no matter how low the price is i don't think i will go with them. What is amazing is that the ID could actually remember every single item that i described and quoted to me exactly item by item after 3 weeks. :jawdrop: Non of the other IDs could send me a first quote without needing a correction even though they quoted within 3 days. The strange thing was, ID called me before sending the quote and enquired what were his competitors quoting. I replied that their quote range from $24k to $30k. :deal: and Know what? His quote is $36k! 8|

6. Kiat Siang - Bernard. Was recommended by Wife's friend who used his service before. Very experienced and superb response. First meet up immediately on site and he could on the spot drawing 3d perspective sketches within minutes base on what i want. Extremely practical too and can advise on what is good and what is not. Price is on the high side though. Supposedly very reliable since he settled all my wife's friend's issues without hassle. Base on this point alone he was on my shortlist.

7. Inlookz Home - Dorothy. Found her from some blogs in 2013. Initial perceptions is that she is a quick, practical, no fuss type of ID. Similar to Bernard(similar age too). We directly met on on site where she immediately noted down measurements with a laser ruler which I was quite surprised compared to others who fumble with a measuring tape when taking measurements of long distances. I went thru her portfolio... and well... its decent but nothing spectacular. She also made an arrangement to visit one of her works which was from a return customer. That i suppose would mean she is generally trusted. Workmanship is okay but nothing spectacular. I was quite particular about my bathroom tiling, and she was the only ID who combed thru the tile suppliers and sent me pictures of the tiles base on some pictures that i showed her during the first meetup. Response time was ok, generally replies by the next day.

There should be one more ID whom i could not remember... Anyway after much consideration between Don, HS Lim and Dorothy, I chose Dorothy as I find her quite sincere on the part sourcing for my bathroom tile and that won me over.

In the course of searching for IDs/Contractors unlike some of the other blogs that i read I have not met anyone pushy or does hard selling. Or tells you strange stuff like must buy their initial 3D before they quote the whole works so i hope you would find the above information useful for your renovation.

Bought 3 Vento fans from tampoi lighting.

1. Vento Fino 1 - For my Masterbed Room. Like the sleek looks :wub:

13424%20AMW-VENTO-FINO.jpg

2. Vento Sole - What I really like was the haiku, but this was commanding officer's choice... and way cheaper too, so not much choice really. :fire:

Check out the cool fan opening/closing motion. Only thing that I like about this fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nDqkcxVh5rk

Vento-Sole_1.jpg?w=696&h=391&jq=80

3. Vento Fino 2 - This was bought in error as I miscalculated the size to mount at the corner of my false ceiling. The blades are longer than the Fino 1 and the fan reciprocates so it may hit my wall as the false ceiling has a short depth.

This is Malaysia version, the blades are not the same as those in Sg. Other than that there is no difference for other parts and cooling power is pretty much the same. However price is 3 times cheaper. Going at Cost price $1144 RM or SGD$380. You save on shipping. Package opened to check contents only, it has never been mounted.Anybody interested to take over please PM me.

The blades are not "Flower" shaped as pictured. Mine is the similar to the Fino 1 blades Oak color but larger.

44723%20PMFINO%2016%20-CH%20OAK.jpg

:seeya:

Is it me or is everyone experiencing major lag when trying to upload stuff?

Anyway after 1st round painting, the aircon fancoils are up. Pretty pleased with the workmanship and layout of the trunking.

Master Bedroom with minimal box up. Just a flat piece of partition above the trunking flush up to the false ceiling.

med_gallery_71361_926_24127.jpg

Kid's room - Similar to masterbed room, the partition Box up is on the door side only. So there is still 1short length of trunking visible. Will make use of that space later on.

med_gallery_71361_926_58476.jpg

Hall - My favourite part. No visible trunking! :sport-smiley-004::wub:

med_gallery_71361_926_116023.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Hey ! You are not the only one experiencing lag when trying to get on the website. Website has difficulty loading up when i was trying to read the individual postings.

Your home is coming up quickly and nicely.

Love the classy look! Really like the little accents and everything!

Btw, I was wondering about the Maxcoil Masterpiece mattress, did they mention anything about warranty? Since the product is made in Indonesia I was wonder if I had problems with mine how..