Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

11 hours ago, Changbp said:

Actually I was refering to accessing the charcoal filter that's embedded deep in the hood. Replacing them is like doing heart valve replacement surgery....however The external filters are just like you mention, 1 click open.

For the rainshower, actually I found out if you orientate the head in a certain manner the noise can be cut by half with an observable increase in water pressure. So you are right, water saving when air is introduced and noisy.

Ah I see!

for my Bosch hood, the charcoal filters are also one-click, just at the sides instead! 

Ah I never tried orienting it. Good to know I wasn't duped. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 1/24/2016 at 2:32 PM, Changbp said:

Here's a picture of the coolness of the control panel. this replaces the heater switch. The 2 switches above it are for bathroom lights. I had it located outside the common bathroom so anyone else does not need to come into the master bedroom to turn it on.

I had it set with 2 timers to have it temperature regulated at 50C on at 6-7am and 6-7pm daily.

gallery_71361_9_43164.jpg

gallery_71361_9_8292.jpg

Hey, I'll be getting the digital storage water heater too. I noticed that you placed the storage heater in the service yard, how did they run the wires to your common bathroom switch?

also, correct me if I'm wrong but did you replace the water heater switch with the digital touch panel?

Edited by wsketchpad

hello wsketchpad, 

My service yard is directly behind the bathroom, so the cable went in thru the wall between both rooms. 

Yes you are right. That is the default location for the HDB supplied heater switch. I replaced the heater switch with the digital touchpanel. So wiring are hidden. The control cables are also hidden under the tiles.

31 minutes ago, Changbp said:

hello wsketchpad, 

My service yard is directly behind the bathroom, so the cable went in thru the wall between both rooms. 

Yes you are right. That is the default location for the HDB supplied heater switch. I replaced the heater switch with the digital touchpanel. So wiring are hidden. The control cables are also hidden under the tiles.

Ah. That's good to hear! Cos the sales lady told me that it was not possible to replace the water heater switch. Just to be sure, that also means that there aren't any unsightly wire casings on your toilet wall (right behind the water heater switch) right? 

I suppose the only downside is that there isn't a "backup" switch in the event the digital panel goes on the fritz! haha. I also love how unique your toilet looks:)

Hi changbp

Hows your experience with the ao smith heater? Both ease of use and waiting time for hot water. What about the MAX function? Does it supply hot water fast enough?

On 24 April 2016 at 9:29 PM, wsketchpad said:

Ah. That's good to hear! Cos the sales lady told me that it was not possible to replace the water heater switch. Just to be sure, that also means that there aren't any unsightly wire casings on your toilet wall (right behind the water heater switch) right? 

I suppose the only downside is that there isn't a "backup" switch in the event the digital panel goes on the fritz! haha. I also love how unique your toilet looks:)

For normal bath heaters, the switch supplies power to the heater directly. For this model with the digital panel, the power to the heater is electronically switched to the heater via the digital panel. This digital switch does not carry live wiring but do carry control lines so you'll need to have a way to hide it.

As for unsightly lines, mine are all hidden. Power lines run inside the HDB provided pipe box. Control lines run also inside the pipe box up but travel a short distance inside the tiles to the switch height. Just need careful coordination with the parties involved. That everyone knows that they are suppose to wait for who...

ie.

0. Tiler not to tile the portion of the wall where where the digital panel will be(other side of the wall)

1. Aosbath comes and mount the heater in the yard.

2. Electrician runs the control cable from the yard heater into the bath. And power cable from the bath out into the yard to connect to heater.

3. Plumber runs the piping from yard into the bath.

4. Aosbath comes and connect the electrical panel. And setup+ train you how to use it

5. Tiler completes the tile to hide the control cable.

Note the power cable I chose to tap from the bathroom as that is power catered specially for water heater and have dedicated circuit breaker. That is more job for the electrician, most will just do it the easy way which is just to tap from the service yard power point which is from kitchen circuit which will be shared with most of your appliances depending on the wiring diagram stuff may trip if all on at the same time.

and electrics and plumbing AOs can do but mine is included as part of my Reno contract so my contractor handled it for me.

If u go direct to aosbath, you can schedule a site survey and their staff will come down and you can confirm all the queries you have with the technical staff directly. Like where can mount, Where to get the power from. Etc...

yes, there is no backup switch if the digital panel goes kaput (I suppose 3yrs). We have no winter here it's fine I can bath in 30C water for a few days while I get the panel replaced. Or I can cook water to bath in, that's how I was bathed when I was a child.

Edited by Changbp

10 hours ago, Darksire said:

Hi changbp

Hows your experience with the ao smith heater? Both ease of use and waiting time for hot water. What about the MAX function? Does it supply hot water fast enough?

Very good.

Just I set up 1 timer in the morning and 1 timer in the evening once and I don't have to do anything else. "

i didn't notice a MAX function... Basically if you need instant hot water when totally cold use the "multiple" function.  I didn't time it, but from cold, I switched it on, turned on the taps and let the cold water run out while I took a piss, thereafter it's warm enough to bath in. 1min?

5 minutes ago, Changbp said:

Very good.

Just I set up 1 timer in the morning and 1 timer in the evening once and I don't have to do anything else. "

i didn't notice a MAX function... Basically if you need instant hot water when totally cold use the "multiple" function.  I didn't time it, but from cold, I switched it on, turned on the taps and let the cold water run out while I took a piss, thereafter it's warm enough to bath in. 1min?

Thanks for your feedback. The multiple might be a function for more than 1 user using hot water and therefore increase output to heat up water?

From your description above, there seems to be another control cable running from the heater to the electronic switch. So in total the electronic switch has 2 cables wired to it? 1 power cable and 1 control cable?

On 25 April 2016 at 11:11 PM, Darksire said:

Thanks for your feedback. The multiple might be a function for more than 1 user using hot water and therefore increase output to heat up water?

From your description above, there seems to be another control cable running from the heater to the electronic switch. So in total the electronic switch has 2 cables wired to it? 1 power cable and 1 control cable?

The manual has explanation for multiple mode which I read when first used it, but now I only briefly remembered it does something like ensure the portion of the water that first being output reaches the required temperature first providing an "instant" effect. The tank has more than 1 heater rod in it so i suppose they could control different areas accordingly.

The heater(storage tank side) have both the power and control cable wired to it. The digital panel only have 1 control cable wired to it. If you have engineering background, a simple way to visualize the connection is to Just think of this as a relay that uses DC to switch AC at the heater.

"Please excuse the sudden increase in text font. There is no specific intent. It occurs when I cut and paste pre typed text on my mobile and don't have the function to change font size here.

Edited by Changbp

31 minutes ago, Changbp said:

The manual has explanation for multiple mode which I read when first used it, but now I only briefly remembered it does something like ensure the portion of the water that first being output reaches the required temperature first providing an "instant" effect. The tank has more than 1 heater rod in it so i suppose they could control different areas accordingly.

The heater(storage tank side) have both the power and control cable wired to it. The digital panel only have 1 control cable wired to it. If you have engineering background, a simple way to visualize the connection is to Just think of this as a relay that uses DC to switch AC at the heater.

"Please excuse the sudden increase in text font. There is no specific intent. It occurs when I cut and paste pre typed text on my mobile and don't have the function to change font size here.

Got it. One control cable from heater to control panel. Power cable to heater tank. Thanks for sharing.

The washer pedestal in action.

26753886075_228a7bc4bd_b.jpg

Tested with a few different loads and spin speeds, it walked like 10cm after 2 washers. I'm going to add 4 more legs with vibration dampers to it. Hopefully that will work.

if it is eventually stable enough I'm gonna install a roller/track for sliding the baskets out/in.

A new DIY for a small console table.

it has a pair of legs made with 2 by 4s wood joined in a rectangle shaped. Intitially they were painted white but it turned out horrible full of blisters and brush lines so I sanded it off and switched to spraying it white. Thereafter the inside faces were sprayed gold.

26147905734_66966f3621_b.jpg

And with 2 shelves from ikea combined lengthwise and wrapped in marble contact paper.

26728648426_f3acbbe389_b.jpg

This faux marble console table will go behind the sofa against the wall. Will be use to display some candles, and resting place for phone and remote controllers.

26754061635_2cca6d1bf8_b.jpg

3 hours ago, OceanEleven said:

That is one little lovely princess. :lol:

Haha yeah thanks, real cheeky too... She knew I was taking picture so keep running into the camera view despite my attempts to shoo her away.