Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 9 May 2016 at 10:48 PM, Changbp said:

The bomb shelter rack.

Designed a simple L rack to cater to my needs.

BombShelterRackDesign

If I were to make it from aluminum profiles & laminated plywood it would probably cost around $300. I see there are standard boltless racks out there that looks pretty cheap(at least the flyers pasted at the lift looks cheap). Asking for quotes now to see if they can make it in the dimensions that I need. I wonder how much this configuration will cost?

Completed this by hacking 2 sets of ikea hejne. racks. It was quite flimsy, so I bought additional legs(cheap!) and braced the bottom, and 4 corners were "T"-braced for better rigidity.

26590613313_9d66e9cb5a_b.jpg26590616163_94556b50ce_b.jpg

i made a feature to allow the right bottom shelf swivel-able that if I have tall items that needed to be placed at the bottom the lowest shelf can lifted up for more headroom. Below pic shows the bottom right shelf lifted.

27099827782_ab0984b89b_b.jpg

As the shelves were standard width I had to shorten them to make a 250mm clearance for tall objects like my ladder. So the right shelves were hacked with a jig saw.

27162181496_887887f261_b.jpg

Edited by Changbp

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Did a real quick and cheap mod to the bathroom box up that covers the piping.

took out the egg crate lighting diffuser and measured them. I can see the pipes thru it which I didn't like. However these diffuse lights better and allow more light thru then my mod.

27126552431_4f6c50aa78_b.jpg

paid a visit to Dama trading. Had free coffee while had them cut out in acrylic my egg crate dimensions and replaced them for master bathroom.

27099722322_44bc27900e_b.jpg

cant see the pipes now... :D

Although the light is not as uniform as before but my bathroom looks way more sophisticated now... 

On 5/23/2016 at 11:31 PM, Changbp said:

25 out of 27 light points were from taobao. 

Only 1 had a bulb that was not working. I didn't even know it's suppose to come with one. I bought it for the housing design(see my storeroom light). 

Anyway it's a tungsten filament bulb. I switched out most to LEDs.

Oh....... that LEDs bulb did you bought in taobao too??

28 minutes ago, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

Oh....... that LEDs bulb did you bought in taobao too??

T5s, strips, recess spotlights and track lights from taobao. 

E14 and e27s I got from ikea as those that came with the light housing having these bases were mostly tungsten filament type which I replaced.

I still have 1 bulb I left as tungsten filament as that was a special shape(something like Edison bulbs) and was not able to get the same shape on LED form.

Edited by Changbp

8 hours ago, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

thanks @Changbp it was very helpful..... anyway do you have any idea if ikea got sell any sensor light for sliding wardrobe ?

Because i wanna slide my wardrobe and there is light inside... you got what i mean

Yes they do, Look for Striberg led strips..

however I believe you will need a power point inside your wardrobe for it to connect to. So if you have not made your wardrobe you need to communicate this to your carpenter early so he can hide the wiring.

Edited by Changbp

13 hours ago, Changbp said:

Yes they do, Look for Striberg led strips..

however I believe you will need a power point inside your wardrobe for it to connect to. So if you have not made your wardrobe you need to communicate this to your carpenter early so he can hide the wiring.

thank you so much @Changbp ! will be going over this weekend to see and thanks for helping us to save our time :lol:

I purchased 1 sheet, inclusive of cutting to it into 6 different sizes for me is about $60.  

1 sheet is enough for 2 bathrooms. 

Edited by Changbp

On 29 May 2016 at 8:59 PM, xiang38 said:

There are so many diff acrylic board at DAMA, which one did u choose?

Hi xiang38,

decide on the color first and then the choices left are not that many. Then you decide the light transmission level and whether non, 1, both 2 sides are textured.

I do not know which will produce the best effect, i went with PL449 just to try out. It Is gloss on both sides.

I think the outcome is acceptable for my master bath, but not for my common bathroom as too low light transmission.

I'm thinking of exploring the type with higher light transmission and single side textured as I believe that would give more even lighting. 

2 hours ago, pankponk said:

Love the marblelized tray :wub: 

Thanks! I like it a lot too. Matches my rear sofa console table.

On 30 May 2016 at 10:12 PM, Changbp said:

Hi xiang38,

decide on the color first and then the choices left are not that many. Then you decide the light transmission level and whether non, 1, both 2 sides are textured.

I do not know which will produce the best effect, i went with PL449 just to try out. It Is gloss on both sides.

I think the outcome is acceptable for my master bath, but not for my common bathroom as too low light transmission.

I'm thinking of exploring the type with higher light transmission and single side textured as I believe that would give more even lighting. 

Thks for your advise.