Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:22 PM, Changbp said:

Master bedroom have since completed reno. The bed and wall mount TV will come in after CNY and i'm going to custom carpets. These are not in the scope of works of my reno contract. My TV is LG and i paid additional for LG swivel mount. Although the electrician could install it for me foc but I felt its better for the TV guys to install it. Its included in the cost of the TV anyway.

Here is a 360deg tour around the... empty bedroom. :rolleyes:

From passageway enter the WIW.

med_gallery_71361_8_114892.jpg

Turn Left to enter the sleeping area (well... its empty ;) ). Only have space to put a bed and a wall to mount the TV. that's it. Welcome to the smallest bedroom in Dawson. :(

Please ignore the white splotches on the purple wall. the 2nd round painting to entire house has this touched up but i did not take new pictures after.

med_gallery_71361_8_111186.jpg

Ceiling mounting Vento Fino at the corner of the light box with downlights and cove lighting. Curtain Pelmet is also installed but i have not decided on what type of curtains/blinds yet.

med_gallery_71361_8_44528.jpg

Turn 180deg right we can see the aircon ledge window on the left.. I intend to invisible grill all windows except this one since its necessary for aircon servicing. So I had this window fitted with an opening restrictor with a keylock. this shot is taken with Iphone Pano mode so it looks distorted. Front is the rear of the WIW and Right is the Daikin a/c and the exit.

med_gallery_71361_8_15521.jpg

thanks for viewing! :seeya:

Next up will be the kids room and living room.

Hello, the design is clean and modern (Y)

I have a question about the window lock, how much is it? Could you give the contact? I need to install in my home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Entryway done... Took quite a fair bit of time DIYing the 1yr baby photo collage.  thereafter to save costs I got it printed out on paper and then DIY ModPodged onto canvas.

It's a botched job actually, with huge air pockets between the photo and the canvas but seems to be not too obvious from photo). *note to self: pay $$$ to get professionals to print on canvas instead.

28662996410_587fbc3dfc_b.jpg

Fully completed hall with entryway. Sorry picture is kinda dark as outside is bright in the afternoon and I don't have dark out curtains.

28916318066_bb1b18676e_b.jpg

Service yard is next.  Being a fan of Ikea stuff and I'm decided to go for an algot laundry racks. It will be a month away before I can install them as I need to do up the grills first. And before grills I need to do up window films.... Anyone have good films to recommend? Thinking of 3M prestige films right now though it's kinda pricey but I generally like their products.

Nice! 

anyway I did Algot previously, took down everything eventually. Open shelving not as neat at the back so decided to go with closed storage eventually. 

On 14 August 2016 at 0:16 AM, bykaraanne said:

Nice! 

anyway I did Algot previously, took down everything eventually. Open shelving not as neat at the back so decided to go with closed storage eventually. 

Not as neat at the back means? Do you have pics of how it looked like previously?

i'll just be doing something like this. Just a shelf directly above the washer, for folding clothes/ Ironing... and another shelf above that for detergent and iron.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/rooms/laundry/give-your-laundry-a-lift-1364302524678/

Not going to do too high since it will interfere with the HDB clothes rack. 

The other side will be the pantry and also where my cleaning stuff will go.  Still thinking of what to use, Ivar racks or just a kitchen trolley and how to isolate cleaning stuff from pantry dry food too. 

29285322924_486f5ddc3e_b.jpg

A small update to my guest bath. Added a small diffuser and a flower deco on top of a piece of scrap pine wood I had left over from the DIY bench.

Also added a bird on the WC to help whistle if there is any difficulty :lol:

A bird to look at birds :rolleyes:

Added some DIY artwork using silver sequins and grey ribbons (Idea from livelovediy blog) but color match to my bathroom.

29618160750_ffdf618c97_b.jpg

The WC side looks less bare now.

29618160830_af63d524a2_b.jpg

On 21/08/2016 at 10:36 PM, Changbp said:

Not as neat at the back means? Do you have pics of how it looked like previously?

i'll just be doing something like this. Just a shelf directly above the washer, for folding clothes/ Ironing... and another shelf above that for detergent and iron.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/rooms/laundry/give-your-laundry-a-lift-1364302524678/

Not going to do too high since it will interfere with the HDB clothes rack. 

The other side will be the pantry and also where my cleaning stuff will go.  Still thinking of what to use, Ivar racks or just a kitchen trolley and how to isolate cleaning stuff from pantry dry food too. 

Tried to find but cant :( open storage just needs more to be organized lor. 

Btw, just an FYI, IKEA discontinued some of their ALGOT range. So for e.g. If you use their 80cm range, a lot of the clothes hanging stuff don't have only left metal shelves... so be sure to go ask first :) 

1 hour ago, Changbp said:

29285322924_486f5ddc3e_b.jpg

A small update to my guest bath. Added a small diffuser and a flower deco on top of a piece of scrap pine wood I had left over from the DIY bench.

Also added a bird on the WC to help whistle if there is any difficulty :lol:

A bird to look at birds :rolleyes:

Added some DIY artwork using silver sequins and grey ribbons (Idea from livelovediy blog) but color match to my bathroom.

29618160750_ffdf618c97_b.jpg

The WC side looks less bare now.

29618160830_af63d524a2_b.jpg

Nice. :) 

On 25 September 2016 at 5:59 PM, bykaraanne said:

Tried to find but cant :( open storage just needs more to be organized lor. 

Btw, just an FYI, IKEA discontinued some of their ALGOT range. So for e.g. If you use their 80cm range, a lot of the clothes hanging stuff don't have only left metal shelves... so be sure to go ask first :) 

Nice. :) 

Oh no... I already bought algot (just the side and top rails and a 80cm board) some time back. Hopefully within 100 day return period. Was intending to purchase the other accessories after those are installed as have not decided how I wanted to configure it then...

I have not gone around installing it as I was waiting to get my all my window grills to be done first. And the grills were waiting for window films which I eventually decided Not to put films.

Today the grills were just installed. I did invisible grills with Le Home. The fixed invisible grills are okay however the sliding ones at my service yard wasn't done to my satisfaction. Going to get them to fix it first.

Looks like my algot install will be delayed.

Bro, if you are not putting window films, what other ideas do you have? I have big kitchen windows that I'm thinking of going with film, curtains in kitchen seemed troublesome... leaving them bare means little privacy... 

34 minutes ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Bro, if you are not putting window films, what other ideas do you have? I have big kitchen windows that I'm thinking of going with film, curtains in kitchen seemed troublesome... leaving them bare means little privacy... 

Initially I wanted to put 3M prestige solar films for prevention of Yellowing furniture and heat rejection. 

After thinking thru a couple of things:

1. possibility of cosmetic defects, bubble, debris trap inside,

2. film coverage not right to edge of window frame.

3. Lesser transparency/visibility at night,

4. warranty 3yrs only

5. the cost

Im slightly OCD, The potential cosmetic defect/s is not something I think i can accept. And I can always renew my furniture.

For my kitchen window,  The fridge is actually positioned there so already blocked 90% of the see thru area of the window. I have plans to just buy from self fix some dark film to paste myself. But that will be after I make the fridge "rollable" first. I have plans to convert my failed washing machine pedestal to be a fridge roller:P

My kitchen(service yard side) faces the opposite flat I'm thinking of putting those 1-way see thru films like those you see in Movies whereby the criminals get interrogated and the witness watch inside the room. Wonder if this is available hehe. Anyway I have the intention to put curtains or roller blinds in my service yard also.

Bought an NB (sounds like shoes) swivel bracket for TV while walking inside big box electronics store.

My old bracket was already swivel-able. However it has very limited angle that I can't watch TV from the kitchen.

Spent a whole day fixing this up. Unfortunately I cannot use back the old bracket mounting points so you can still see 4 bolts sticking out of the wall there. Oh well,...the TV will hide it.  Quite Heart pain for my wall to have so many holes put thru it just for a TV. I kept the mounting points so I could mount the old bracket back if this new one starts to give way.

29997656262_62c8a3f311_b.jpg

30028191751_9d7357ae8c_b.jpg

Now I can watch tv while having dinner! That's the main purpose of fitting this.:wub::lol:

And in the previous post I mention i had invisible grilles installed. It's there. Can you see it?:ph34r:

In normal viewing position. Slightly lower then before this fix.

29817076810_7b281f440a_b.jpg

Edited by Changbp

Finally!!! I got myself jailed in. My service yard now feels 100% smaller than before.

to be honest I really regretted doing vertical lines and even more so regretted doing invisible grilles for the service yard.

29684782853_d9edc226ee_b.jpg

At least I can start doing up my cleaning zone, dry pantry and laundry zones all in this petite area (I think it's 2x1.2m) with 2 verticle pipes. Need to explore the tricks on how the Japanese squeeze different functional stuff together and yet look uncluttered.

On 1/7/2016 at 8:54 PM, Changbp said:

All Lights arrived.

Dining Lamp

gallery_71361_926_60047.jpg

Could you pls give me the link where you bought the dining lamp and all the mirrors?

Thank you

On 16 October 2016 at 9:59 PM, sunnyscandi said:

why regret invisible grilles?

Just for the service yard invis grills I mean... Because of the bulky frame needed it does not look airy and defeats the purpose. Might as well go for thin rod version of Normal grills.