Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
falcon5

Interior Designer From A Reputable Firm Replies On Engaging External Electrician/contractor

Hi,

I have engaged an interior designer to work on my new home. This designer was from a reputable design house in the east and has been in the industry for quite some time. They are always in Singapore expo during furniture fair.

The prior experience has been positive and things can always be worked out, until we have signed on the line. For a home reno, the first step is to get the electrician to do up the necessary lighting points. I gave the ID free play on the design, lighting etc. To save him some trouble, I even agreed to use his electrician, if the ballpark price he offered was 3K plus.

When the electrician came down, he looked through and gave a quote of 5K, which is after a discount of $4XX dollars. To make matters worst, I asked for a quotation and the pricing in the quotation was wrong. This made me hunt for another electrician for a second opinion.

The second electrician price quoted was at least SGD 1K difference. Out of due respect, I decided to offer the quote to the ID and his appointed contractor. I offered 4K max sum. But they did not give in.

Now the ID said that if I were to get the third party electrician, he will not warrant the damages to the flooring, carpentry, walls etc in the cause of renovation as these damages maybe caused by the electrician.

The whatsapp message was very threatening, in my opinion.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation