Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
roland

Mounting Of Tv And Placement Of Routers/modems

Hi,

Just wanted to solicit some ideas how to mount LCD TV and place routers for a minimalist and uncluttered look for my future renovation.

TV

I am contemplating with the idea of having no TV console, and use a floor to ceiling stainless steel pole structure to mount my LCD TV.

Advantages would be less cluttered, and ability to sting swing the TV around to change the angle of view. Wires can be hidden within the pole. Easy to clean since no TV console to wipe/maintain..

My questions... can I mount the DVD player together with the TV? Does such pole come with a sort of holder for the DVD player?

Routers/Modems

Nowadays, we will have two pieces of equipment, one ONT and one wireless router. My question is to how to place/position them so that it is technically reasonable, but yet take up minimal space? (I understand that there are discussion online on how to place the router so that every corner in the house can access wifi etc, but such discussion will inevitably suggest that the router to be placed uncovered in the middle of the house for maximum coverage and speed which will be an eye sore so I am not going down this route). Placing the ONT and router on some cabinets etc will collect dust and spoil the minimalist look (especially with so many wires and cable connected to both equipments). It will be troublesome for future maintenance as well..

Just some thoughts, is it possible to mount the router upside down on the ceiling or wall like what has been done in some universities? Will there be a great inconvenience if I intend to replace the router every 2-3 years etc and if the router will spoil easily?

Any thoughts if the above is possible or any better ideas to achieve my aim?? Or am I just being plain silly?

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request