Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

I got quotation from an ID for my kitchen renovation, kitchen size is 6.3m by 2.9m (HDB resale 4A).

I need your advise if the quotation below especially for wall tile and floor tile is reasonable or not.

According to ID cost high now due to 3-1 cement is used for the works. Please advise. Thanks

Mansory works

-------------

Supply labour and material to lay heavy duty non-slip homogeneous kitchen floor tile (30x30cm) including water proofing >>> $$2,450

Supply labour and material to lay heavy duty homogeneous kitchen wall tile (60x30cm) >>> $5230

Supply labour and material to construct 50mm kitchen cabinet base with side tile finish >>> $480

Plumping works

--------------

Labour to install PVC outlet and drainage pipe lines sink and washing machine >>> $50

Labour to install sink for kitchen cabinet >>> $150

Repiping at Kitchen >>> $FOC

Hacking

-------

Supply labour and material to hack away wall tiles and floor tile >>> $1,450

Door works

----------

Suplly labour and material to install PD Swing and slide door for bathroom 1 (worth $380) >>> $FOC

Carpentry works

--------------

Design and fabricate bottom kitchen cabinet using hp laminated material (16FT) >>> $1,760

(Inclusive ABS Trimming on door, soft closing hinges)

Design and fabricate top kitchen cabinet using hp laminated material (12FT) >>> $1,320

(Inclusive ABS Trimming on door, soft closing hinges, dish tray)

Design and fabricate tool unit cabinet using hp laminated material (2FT) >>> $660

(Inclusive ABS Trimming on door, soft closing hinges)

Supply and install quartz kitchen worktop (16FT) >>> $1,920

Supply and install glass backing (12FT) (worth $720) >>> $FOC

Others

------

Supply labour to move and clear debrish and haulage service >>> $480

General Cleaning upon completion of works >>> FOC

Total $15,950

GST $ 1,116

Grant Total $17,066

(Total FOC $ 1,110)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

eloz.. im currently deciding which ID to engage for my 4-rm resales. maybe i can help you on this.

a rough estimation is about $11.5 - $12 psf. btw how much is your tiles selection?

not sure about your window length & height plus kitchen door entrance (0.7m x 0.8m)

I will advise you to get more quotations to compare and get a feel of it first. :)

best regards.

laks..

Hi Laknock,

My kitchen area is 6.3m by 2.9m.

Windows area 1.2m by 2.5m

kitchen entrance width 1.0m.

Kitchen cabinet width approx 16ft.

Other ID gave me less than 3k for wall tile, this ID quoted 5k++. Wonder how the calculation of the wall tile cost ? :-)

Edited by ifdr

take 10.5 x the wall area - window & door area convert to sqf.

actually that is base on our calculation. their calculation maybe different.

i got quotations fr different company, some est 300sqf some est 350sqf. i assume all maths calculation are the same . Area = L x B.

so you must roughly know your kitchen area and select the company that is close to your own calculation. that what i think. i maybe wrong...

cheers

laks

ifdr

work out to about $11.3-$11.5 psf for your wall..

anyway exluding tiles assume $3.

$11.5 (est) - $3 (tiles) = $8 (labour $5 and screed $3)

cheers

ifdr

work out to about $11.3-$11.5 psf for your wall..

anyway exluding tiles assume $3.

$11.5 (est) - $3 (tiles) = $8 (labour $5 and screed $3)

cheers

Hi Lak,

Thanks for info. Do you know what is the market price per sqf for floor and wall tile?

Thanks

Hi ifdr..

I cant comment much on it. for me i just think that we cant possibly compare all the quote. it is never ending.

every contractors got their way of calculating. compare afew more and you will surely find a benchmark.

afew ID/contractor during meeting will tell me this and that. confirm less than 10psf. when the quotation come back to me i did my own calculation. all end up $12-$14. i believe it is due to profit margin... they will further reduce it (discount) from there...

company are out to make money. overall they are doing sales not to forget...

thanks

Hi Lak,

I got quotation from other ID, the wall and floor tile she quoted quite cheap $7 per-sqf BUT quoted me double in hacking cost, and kitchen cabinet also higher, $140 per-sqf.

first ID cheap in kitchen cabinet $110 per-sqf, quartz $110 per-sqf, hacking $1.4k BUT expensive in tile $ 11.5 per-sqf.

Second ID expensive in kitchen cabinet $140 per-sqf, quartz $150, hacking $2.8k BUT cheap in tiling $7 per-sqf.

Mmhhhh ....

Edited by ifdr

it is usually the case. masonry work low side, hacking on the high side. in that case you must see the final cost , provided all items added,

$7psf I am not sure if it is overlay or replace tiles...

from my experience I got encounter an ID/Contractor who quote me hacking of my floor tiles and for my floor tiles he quote me OVERLAY on my existing tiles.

i do not know if he quote me on purpose. :dunno:

just be careful and look thru the items...

:deal:

Hi Lak,

It stated as "to supply material and lay selected homogeneous wall tiles at kitchen area (tile selectiom shall not exceed $3 per-sqf)". I assumed it is not overlay.

Meaning the labour and screed cost just $4 per-sqf ( $7 total cost - $3 tile cost = $4 for labour and screen)

Btw, is it save to engage ID company that not HDB registered reno contractor?

that what i think also... cause i got this quote before. overlay $7.

unlikely $7 = $3 for tiles + screen $2 + labour $2 ?

if really is $7. intro to me also. lol

regards