Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi there! The more expensive fan was $699, the other one was $499 (another $150 if opt in LED light). Tested both fans, wind quality was good; strong yet not-in-your-face kind of strong, if you know what i mean. lol. No audible noises. And they come with the "air circulation mode" where the blades will turn in the reverse direction. This is useful when the air conditioner is switched on; when the air circulation is good, the room cools down faster and hence reduces the stress on the aircon. My GF is particularly sensitive to ceiling fans, they make her eyelids heavy :lol::lol::lol: , but these two models were ok for her :sport-smiley-004: Can pm Phylux on FB for their latest prices. Can look for Keven if you visit their showroom in Paya Lebar, nice guy who served us.

As for the mattress, it was $1300 iirc for a queen sized one! After factoring in the discounts. Comes with pillows and bolster.

heh heh we love the floor tiles too! hope they turn out good! :wub:

Hi! The brand of the fan is phylux or aero or something else? LOL. I am confused now. If possible, can give me the brand and model? Tks much!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi! The brand of the fan is phylux or aero or something else? LOL. I am confused now. If possible, can give me the brand and model? Tks much!

Hi djnt!

The shop's name is Phylux :sport-smiley-018: Here's the address: 160 Paya Lebar Road, Orion, #01-08, Singapore 409022. Look for Keven, really nice chap :good: He will show you around and explain the fan specs, what kind of lights you can add on, the drop-down etc.

We got fans from 2 different 'brands' - Aero and Helix

1. Aero 52-inch DC fan (dark grey) - $699

2. Helix 52-inch DC fan (black) - $499

That's what it says on our receipt and on their FB page. However, we tried to Google for these 2 brands and nothing really came up. These 2 fans really resemble the Fanco Trinity and Relite Helix... Maybe Phylux just renamed them :dunno:

Hard mattress is for sure a better option, wish I can change my mattress as well, maybe I should go test it out.

Go have a butt, back & body test and maybe you will like it enough to change! :notti:

Really love your kitchen! The tiles and the grey woodgrain laminate! :wub::wub::wub: We are thinking of having a shades-of-grey kitchen as well :lol:

~gallopingpenguin

Edited by GallopingPuffin

Go have a butt, back & body test and maybe you will like it enough to change! :notti:

Really love your kitchen! The tiles and the grey woodgrain laminate! :wub::wub::wub: We are thinking of having a shades-of-grey kitchen as well :lol:

~gallopingpenguin

haha, don't have the budget liao as much as I want to change to a softer mattress, but the one I that I have is till less then 5 years and in good condition. So better not spend the money.

Thanks for the compliment on my kitchen, hope with everything in will turn out good.

Now just have to be extra careful with the furniture selection.

haha, don't have the budget liao as much as I want to change to a softer mattress, but the one I that I have is till less then 5 years and in good condition. So better not spend the money.

Thanks for the compliment on my kitchen, hope with everything in will turn out good.

Now just have to be extra careful with the furniture selection.

Oh, if it is still in good condition then yes, maybe should save first (;

I totally get you in terms of furniture selection! We have bought a few items and I keep trying to imagine them in our new house after all the things are done - and of course, second-guessing our choices :dunno:

Luckily my bf is more level-headed and reassuring, if not fickle-minded me will be bouncing off the walls every day :dancingqueen:

We accidentally bought the wrong hob from Goh ah bee and want to exchange. Goh ah bee agree but ask for the carton box packaging so we can return. But we hvae already thrown the packaging away. If any kind soul can spare us the packaging for this model - Bosch Domino 2 zone gas: PRB326B70E you have not thrown , we are more wiling to get from you at token sum $10-20. Can collect at your place This is the model we talking about, we need the carton packaging:

iXz6ZY.jpg

Edited by Relacker

A short post on our aircon selection. We were set on getting a System 4 for our new place. My GF left it to me to make the decisions as she was not too sure about the technical aspects of it :bleah: Actually I was also a total noob at aircons but I did read up on it and compared the prices between the major players and brands in the market.

So we all know that currently the most popular brand is definitely Mitsubishi Starmex; at first I was also considering to take up the System 4 version of this, until I went to the All Best Aircon branch in Tampines to check out the physical aspects of the different brands. Granted, the price of the Starmex System 4 (2-ticks version, not the 5 ticks) was competitive (was $3799 including installation). However, upon closer scrutiny of what was included in the package:

Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 ($3799)

Compressor: MXY4A28VA (output 28000 BTU)

Fancoil Units: MSYGE10VA x 3 (9000 BTU x 3)

MSYGE24VA x 1 (24000 BTU x 1)

So, we definitely need a 20000+ BTU fancoil unit for the living room, as we are going to hack away our kitchen wall. This package seems ideal, but the catch is that the compressor can only churn out max 28000 BTU by default. That means if want to switch on aircon in the living room + 1 room, they will be drawing a total of 33000 BTU, of which the compressor will be unable to cope; in the long run the compressor may be damaged. We figured if we have guests or family over, we will most probably need to switch on living room and at least 1 room. The salesman uncle was also nice to point out to us that the compressor was only 28000 BTU. Of course, there was another compressor model with a larger capacity (38000 BTU), but the price for that package would be upwards of $4400 IIRC.

So, we saw another brand on display:

MainPic2331_zpsmb5orfhd.jpeg

Toshiba Inverter System 4 ($3999 + $200 CapitaLand voucher)

Compressor: RAS-4M26SACV (output 34000 BTU, Made in Japan :notti: )

Fancoil Units: RASM10SKCV x 2 (9000 BTU x 2)

RASM13SKCV x 1 (12000 BTU x 1)

RASM22SKCV x 1 (22000 BTU x1)

+1 : So this compressor at max load definitely can handle 2 FCUs being switched on at the same time, plus at the same price (factoring in the voucher).

+2 : In addition, the FCUs are more sleek and aesthetically-pleasing (Starmex FCUs looked abit clunky to us).

+3: The only compressor brand that is Made in Japan

So we made our choice! :deal:

Other notes:

1. Did not upgrade to thicker insulation. Reason being the upgrade from Armaflex 3/8" to 1/2" only reduces the condensation by 10% (according to the uncle, and I do believe him), but increases the size of the trunking by 2 times (I :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: at the size of that thing)

2. Opted for 2-trip installation (extra $80) at the suggestion of my contractor. 1st trip to lay the pipings and trunkings, 2nd to install the FCUs and compressor.

3. Signed up for their servicing package

Our contractor has already proposed the optimal route for the trunking. Hope the installation goes without a hitch! :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Wow! I like your detailed sharing here. :)

Definitely will keep this in mind. Anyway, happy reno!

actually aircon always go for starmex by mitsubishi. i use toshiba non inverter , works great too but not so good for pocket. apparently all these 5 tick 6 ticks ...energy saving but cool less rapidly. its a trade off

Wow! I like your detailed sharing here. :)

Definitely will keep this in mind. Anyway, happy reno!

Hi Reiki,

Thanks to my bf the tech-head haha! All the electronic stuff boggles my mind :help:

Thanks for your encouragement! Your house looks really cozy and warm, particularly intrigued by your open concept MBR toilet! So interesting! :good: Does showering steam up the rest of the room though??

Hi Reiki,

Thanks to my bf the tech-head haha! All the electronic stuff boggles my mind :help:

Thanks for your encouragement! Your house looks really cozy and warm, particularly intrigued by your open concept MBR toilet! So interesting! :good: Does showering steam up the rest of the room though??

I guess the open concept is not something many can accept but it makes the whole MBR looks spacious, IMO. Somehow, with such open concept, the showering steam is negligible - hardly noticeable. I do get what you mean, say when we are taking shower in the hotel and the door is closed, the showering steam will 'fill' the whole mirror. The floor outside the shower area is not wet nor moist after our showers.

Your bf, IMO, did a good analysis to how the aircon would be utilized. If I can re-do my airconditioning system, I would like to place the biggest BTU in the living room and second biggest in the MBR.

Wow thank you so much for this breakdown of aircon specs! Has motivated me to finally go and study a bit about aircon requirements for my own use. :P

Haha learning every step along the way! (: I have a nagging feeling that 22k BTU might not be enough cos we hacked the kitchen wall, but don't think we can fork out the money for another single split aircon. But it's ok, will see how it goes! Anyway, the Gain City website http://www.gaincity.com/category/aircon/39731 is a good place to check out the different models/specs/prices of the different aircons in the market!

I think the 22k BTU should be able to cool down the area. The only thing, when it is switched on, you probably have to close all other bedrooms so that the temperature is contained.