Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow! Super busy for the past 2 months preparing for our wedding!:wub: Finally we can catch our breath! Will take this time to share some of our live-in photos!

IMG_5310_zpshrcm0sz9.jpg

Our living room! Now furnished with blinds! :wub:

IMG_5336_zps1pmkjefc.jpg

Even though our flooring cost us the most ($11K), we still feel it was the best decision ever to go for these greyish woodplank tiles.  :P They really add to the Scandinavian vibe of our house!

IMG_5344_zpsjwpdf1v6.jpg

Our wood-inspired wall.

IMG_5318_zpsbaech3it.jpg

IMG_5348_zpsef0uirly.jpg

IMG_5319_zpsvjqjzi7a.jpg

Our entertainment room with the awesome Yamaha soundbar:wub: Still awaiting our study table from taobao!

IMG_5329_zpsg1ozxfqg.jpg

Our bedroom! This was after our 过大礼 back in April, hence the bright red bedsheet:P DIY-ed the cove lights underneath the bed!

IMG_5350_zpsxb8vielx.jpg

IMG_5333_zps9afnqaps.jpg

MBR curtains!

IMG_5354_zpsifgztixk.jpg

Scandinavian floor lamp from Taobao!

IMG_5331_zpszqizpdtu.jpg

Decided to DIY paint one of the walls. Hard work though! 

IMG_5325_zpsxcj4jmwx.jpg

Sneak peak of our MBR toilet

IMG_5327_zpszfuvt9rx.jpg

IMG_5328_zpssuvghwmq.jpg

Awesome! Really nice looking home.

Just to ask, does the water splash out of the shower area in your mbr bathroom. I'm also not having a door in my mbr bathroom but a bit concerned that water will splash out when showering. 

Congrats on the reno! Your place looks awesome, I like how you've styled the place. My wife and I are fans of nordic design too, I can only hope my place turns out as well as yours :)
Enjoy your new home!

On 3/13/2016 at 1:47 PM, GallopingPuffin said:

So over the past 2 weeks, we were busy with choosing our electrical appliances and receiving deliveries etc! Chemical washing was also completed; though the floor still feels a bit dusty even after mopping everyday :lol: Defects were minor and few (mainly with carpentry, just a few scratches here and there that could be covered up easily), and they were dealt with promptly by our contractor! We are still in the process of moving in things bit by bit, and sourcing for more furniture, though we estimate to fully move in only in May :D Some photos to share!

IMG_5246_zps66btl9ro.jpg

Still undecided on our living room TV console :huh:

IMG_5248_zpsvgrgw8fl.jpg

Our 1.8m long dining table! At first we thought it would be too long (with the chairs) but it turned out great!

IMG_5290_zpsf0ylf64e.jpg

IMG_5288_zps5nuyfa5z.jpg

Really love the warm glow of the Edison bulbs:wub:

IMG_5257_zps3hvyjlpp.jpg

Our nesting table, Tiffany blue sofa from Castlery. Cushions from Taobao!:dancingqueen:

IMG_5283_zpsjqrid9ql.jpg

IMG_5258_zpsflpik7xe.jpg

Comfortable bar chairs from Castlery!

IMG_5259_zpsvzmww6nk.jpg

IMG_5260_zpsmyhb9jpr.jpg

IMG_5280_zps3dkvjp2j.jpg

IMG_5267_zpsuzy2xlur.jpg

Our entertainment room!

IMG_5265_zpsksvxoxlv.jpg

Bean bag lounge chair set!

IMG_5274_zpsvh0chssa.jpg

Hi! LOVE your home! Especially the kitchen island!

May I know how did you get electrical wire connected to your island? I notice you have power plugs below your Kompacplus top. I'm doing a similar stand-alone kitchen island as yours as my flat the previous owner already hacked the kitchen walls, however, I'm having major headaches on how to supply electricity and water to my island as my contractor told me have to run the pipe/wire from the wall where the hob is (which is opposite to the island), but HDB won't allow conceal pipe/wire casing underneath the tiles/in the cement, therefore there will be a 3-inch kerb in my kitchen floor from the hob cabinet to the island! OMG think it will be so ugly! 

8 hours ago, roundrabbit said:

Hi! LOVE your home! Especially the kitchen island!

May I know how did you get electrical wire connected to your island? I notice you have power plugs below your Kompacplus top. I'm doing a similar stand-alone kitchen island as yours as my flat the previous owner already hacked the kitchen walls, however, I'm having major headaches on how to supply electricity and water to my island as my contractor told me have to run the pipe/wire from the wall where the hob is (which is opposite to the island), but HDB won't allow conceal pipe/wire casing underneath the tiles/in the cement, therefore there will be a 3-inch kerb in my kitchen floor from the hob cabinet to the island! OMG think it will be so ugly! 

Hey there! Oh for my case, there were two electrical conduits from the ground up to the hacked wall, so our contractor retained these two lines and linked them to the island sockets! 

On 12/05/2016 at 10:23 PM, JohnJohn said:

Awesome! Really nice looking home.

Just to ask, does the water splash out of the shower area in your mbr bathroom. I'm also not having a door in my mbr bathroom but a bit concerned that water will splash out when showering. 

The water doesn't splash out:)

Hello! Nice place that u have! Can I have ur contractor's contact and quotation? N wads the dimensions of your kitchen island?

Wow! Your house is amazing. Love the kitchen island! My new BTO has pretty much the same layout as yours. We were thinking of doing a bar for the kitchen but seeing your island is giving me all kinds of inspiration!

Could you please PM me your contractor's details?

Thank you so much :))